Gabe Davis getting stronger

Dablitzkrieg

4 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

If that's the case I'm good with it. I didn't read that anywhere but makes sense if it is indeed partials. 

He literally said at the end of the video he’s doing partials 

… The goal of the movement itself goes against any notion of speed/twitch loss. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There were a bunch of articles written about Singletary after the one that I linked..........but they were all a derivative of the same story.

His claims of getting faster thru focused training were much talked about.

But he didn't add any notable weight.

Read the story you posted......his trainer literally said that Singletary played at 203 in 2020 and was 205 coming to training camp..........basically the same body weight.

There is a big difference between just converting some fat to muscle without adding weight for your legs to carry and adding on 17 more pounds to your frame like Davis has reportedly done.

..........it's an absurd notion.........you are conflating two different things. :doh:

Now if someone said "Singletary looks like he put on 17 pounds" when he did not...........that doesn't support your claim either........we don't know if Singetary would have played as well with 17 more pounds of weight.........because he didn't.

Do you understand or are you determined to push this lie?

The only person lying here is you.  You seem determined to attempt to twist what I said.  Let's reviews exactly what I posted. 

12 hours ago, The Dean said:

I remember hot-take idiots saying Singletary's major addition of muscle last year would slow him down and hurt his game.  How'd that turn out?

I never said, nor inferred, the discussion about Motor was about his weight. I said it was about his gaining muscle,  It WAS.  I already showed you the thread.

You keep tossing out absolutes that prove to be false. You posted the ONLY story last year was his working on speed. I've obviously showed you there were stories about his muscle gain . I never claimed it was the first story about Singletary. That the stories are derivative means absolutely nothing to my claim of their existence. 

I was saying, and will say again, there WERE stories about his muscle gain. And there was at least one thread about that on here. I've supplied it for your convenience.  Now you are saying:

Nobody was saying that the same weight in muscle makes you slower than that weight in fat

Perhaps you skipped some replies on the thread I supplied.

Adding muscle mass is rarely a good idea for a running back.

Now his 40 time is 6.36

I have to disagree here. Rbs adding muscle mass, rarely works out for the better. Your frame has to be able to support it, without losing any speed or quickness. Devin should be more focused on speed and quickness, than power.

So apparently your assertion that NOBODY was saying the added muscle would be bad, is in incorrect.  There were several mentions. 

I'm thinking you want me to be saying something I did not. I said exactly what I said. I backed up the analogy. 

Your insistence that I was conflating muscle and weight with respect to speed is an invention in your own mind. I never did that. The analogy was about hot-take reactions to a player changing his physique in some way, and assuming it will be a negative impact. Pretty simple. And true.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It's impossible to put on muscle without gaining some fat.  My guess is after training camp he'll drop a few pounds of fat while maintaining most of the muscle he built.

Is this true?  Impossible?  Do those fat loads who transform their bodies into muscles  are actually gaining MORE fat?  I'm no expert in this, but this sounds wrong.

Edited by The Dean

34 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Is this true?  Impossible?  Do those fat loads who transform their bodies into muscles  are actually gaining MORE fat?  I'm no expert in this, but this sounds wrong.

It’s true, but you can effect the ratio of muscle/fat when putting on weight with proper nutrition and training. You are either catabolic, neutral, or anabolic. It’s the rare sweet spot where you can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time and that usually requires anabolics or happens when someone goes from sedentary to physically active. It’s a little easier to maintain muscle mass while losing fat but if you cut hard enough you are definitely losing muscle without anabolics. Again, proper nutrition and training can minimize the muscle loss while emphasizing fat loss so you weigh less but have a lower body fat percentage.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/13/2022 at 12:01 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s up 7lbs if you read the article.

This.  The article states more specifically that he was listed at 210lbs last season, but actually played at 220.  He is up to 227 lbs now.  Whether he played at 220 or 223 as has also been stated, 227 is only  a modest weight gain.  His trainer says the gain is muscle mass, and he's actually faster this year.  As focused as Davis seems to be, there is no reason to disbelieve his trainer's claims.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, wppete said:

Josh is definitely over 250. I’m guessing 255lbs 

Last year, late in the the season, in an interview with McAfee he said he was sitting at 245 and the coaches liked him 3-5 lighter than that. I’d bet he comes into the season 245-250 and takes a couple off naturally in august. 

A lot of these guys come into camp 5-10 up and then the grind naturally does it’s thing leaning them out a bit. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to Gabe Davis getting stronger
2 hours ago, The Dean said:

It's true.  You can minimize it but that's why serious body builders go from a bulk phase to a cut phase.

• Like (+1) 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/07/14/gabriel-davis-has-added-muscle-this-offseason-now-weighs-227/

Davis has not missed a workout since the 2021 season ended and now weighs 227. Whigham said Davis played last season at around 220...

“He’s bigger, faster, stronger,” Whigham told Kyed. “He’s put on muscle. People say that’s too big, but he’s 23 years old. He’s just growing into his natural body. You’re going to see a big receiver.”

6 hours ago, The Dean said:

The only person lying here is you.  You seem determined to attempt to twist what I said.  Let's reviews exactly what I posted. 

I never said, nor inferred, the discussion about Motor was about his weight. I said it was about his gaining muscle,  It WAS.  I already showed you the thread.

You keep tossing out absolutes that prove to be false. You posted the ONLY story last year was his working on speed. I've obviously showed you there were stories about his muscle gain . I never claimed it was the first story about Singletary. That the stories are derivative means absolutely nothing to my claim of their existence. 

I was saying, and will say again, there WERE stories about his muscle gain. And there was at least one thread about that on here. I've supplied it for your convenience.  Now you are saying:

Perhaps you skipped some replies on the thread I supplied.

So apparently your assertion that NOBODY was saying the added muscle would be bad, is in incorrect.  There were several mentions. 

I'm thinking you want me to be saying something I did not. I said exactly what I said. I backed up the analogy. 

Your insistence that I was conflating muscle and weight with respect to speed is an invention in your own mind. I never did that. The analogy was about hot-take reactions to a player changing his physique in some way, and assuming it will be a negative impact. Pretty simple. And true.

The implication in that thread was that Motor inevitably got heavier by putting on muscle........hence the "his frame needs to be abe to support".    It's about weight.   Now if the argument is that you can reach a point where you are more susceptible to soft tissue injuries by over building muscles at the expense of body fat.........again.......a different argument than the scarecrow you are trying to build.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The implication in that thread was that Motor inevitably got heavier by putting on muscle........hence the "his frame needs to be abe to support".    It's about weight.   Now if the argument is that you can reach a point where you are more susceptible to soft tissue injuries by over building muscles at the expense of body fat.........again.......a different argument than the scarecrow you are trying to build.

Sorry. That's YOUR implication, not mine.  EVERYTHING I said in this thread has been supported.  The reports and thread I referred to exist, despite your insistence they did not.

I NEVER implied the Motor situation was about weight. You can try to mind read all you want, but you are completely unqualified to read mine. There was only ONE argument I presented. Last year people made comments Motor's muscle gain would hamper his game. There is ZERO doubt that happened. Any other meaning you are trying to create, is of your own invention.

I know you are far too arrogant to admit it, but give it a try.  Fonzie almost pulled it off.

33 minutes ago, wppete said:

D8KnfFgWkAA90Gu.jpg

I'm no fan of cheap beer. But if you are going to chug, isn't that the best use of cheap beer?

I know when our group gets together every year, we make it a point to shoot at least one beer.  But we don't waste the good beer on that activity.  Maybe something like Blue, or Blue Light

Edited by The Dean
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/13/2022 at 5:43 PM, BruceVilanch said:

For anyone interested, I'm up 30 pounds 15 years after the military.

LOL, you did far better than I, I was up 70 after 5. Down to just up 30 now and would love to get rid of that.

4 hours ago, The Dean said:

Sorry. That's YOUR implication, not mine.  EVERYTHING I said in this thread has been supported.  The reports and thread I referred to exist, despite your insistence they did not.

I NEVER implied the Motor situation was about weight. You can try to mind read all you want, but you are completely unqualified to read mine. There was only ONE argument I presented. Last year people made comments Motor's muscle gain would hamper his game. There is ZERO doubt that happened. Any other meaning you are trying to create, is of your own invention.

I know you are far too arrogant to admit it, but give it a try.  Fonzie almost pulled it off.

Nah, you are just acting a fool.

The people you cited to make your asinine argument were concerned about Singletary adding weight to his frame by getting more muscular.

He didn't add weight.

It's a different situation than Davis adding 17 pounds to his body over the past two seasons by muscling up. 

Every season there are players who bulked up in the offseason and find that the added weight slows them down........whether it's lean muscle or otherwise.  Just like some players,  like Jon Feliciano and AJ Epenesa last offseason, find out that losing weight has reduced their power.

It's a founded concern.

The organizations stated key to turning this receiver corps from unproductive in 2018 to dynamic in 2019 was replacing bigger receivers with smaller, quicker players who could get open FAST.    

Edited by BADOLBILZ

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nah, you are just acting a fool.

The people you cited to make your asinine argument were concerned about Singletary adding weight to his frame by getting more muscular.

He didn't add weight.

It's a different situation than Davis adding 17 pounds to his body over the past two seasons by muscling up. 

Every season there are players who bulked up in the offseason and find that the added weight slows them down........whether it's lean muscle or otherwise.  Just like some players,  like Jon Feliciano and AJ Epenesa last offseason, find out that losing weight has reduced their power.

It's a founded concern.

The organizations stated key to turning this receiver corps from unproductive in 2018 to dynamic in 2019 was replacing bigger receivers with smaller, quicker players who could get open FAST.    

Doesn't all that spinning make you dizzy? 

Coach Tuesday

Community Member

Posted May 12, 2021

Adding muscle mass is rarely a good idea for a running back.

No weight gain mention nor implied. You may infer it, but that's coming from YOU.

Any real man would have simply said, "Sorry Brian, I misinterpreted your post".  Or "I had forgotten about that thread"

But you aren't nearly enough of a man to admit a mistake.  So I'm done with you. Just know I left you twisting around trying to justify your inability to poke a hole in my analogy.  I'd done with you here. It would be too cruel to belittle you further. 

2 hours ago, The Dean said:

Doesn't all that spinning make you dizzy? 

No weight gain mention nor implied. You may infer it, but that's coming from YOU.

Any real man would have simply said, "Sorry Brian, I misinterpreted your post".  Or "I had forgotten about that thread"

But you aren't nearly enough of a man to admit a mistake.  So I'm done with you. Just know I left you twisting around trying to justify your inability to poke a hole in my analogy.  I'd done with you here. It would be too cruel to belittle you further. 

Adding muscle mass = adding weight

Simply turning your existing pounds into leaner muscle without gaining weight is not "adding mass"............it's just adding muscle while subtracting less lean body weight.

You are trying to run with the misconception at the time that Singletary may have bulked up signficantly.....and again......he did not.

Getting heavier to get quicker and faster would not have been sensible..........and this is common sense, after all.

As for the real man stuff............I always thought you were more of a mama's boy type. ;)

Edited by BADOLBILZ

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.