Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

58 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Had to grab a screenshot of the standings, just to commemorate the occasion! 😂

232B43D6-A4BE-4AD8-9DC4-5B7202CE65FB.png

Random Buffalo restaurants are posting this on their facebook pages... funny but great at the same time.

• Haha (+1) 2

Unfortunately this thread needs an update.  It would seem the obvious callup would be Vinny, but that doesn't mean Sabres social media isn't heating up with talk about Kulich.  BTW the NHL IR rules are a minimum 7 days for IR, so it's nothing like NFL, but it still puts him out til after the NHL trade deadline March 3rd

Lance Lysowski   @LLysowski

No formal announcement yet, but the Sabres have placed Alex Tuch on injured reserve. More info to come in the morning. Tuch scored his 28th goal of the season Saturday night in Sunrise. He left in the third period of Buffalo's 3-1 win over Florida.

37 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

Unfortunately this thread needs an update.  It would seem the obvious callup would be Vinny, but that doesn't mean Sabres social media isn't heating up with talk about Kulich.  BTW the NHL IR rules are a minimum 7 days for IR, so it's nothing like NFL, but it still puts him out til after the NHL trade deadline March 3rd

Lance Lysowski   @LLysowski

No formal announcement yet, but the Sabres have placed Alex Tuch on injured reserve. More info to come in the morning. Tuch scored his 28th goal of the season Saturday night in Sunrise. He left in the third period of Buffalo's 3-1 win over Florida.

Ugh, that sucks!

I was worried when he left the game last night. Definitely not what I was hoping to hear.

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

How’s everyone watching the game this afternoon?  Not on ESPN+.  I see it on NHLN, but it’s blacked out for me.

I'm watching online outside... super nice day here.

Red Wings lost last night but the capitals won and so did the penguins. Buffalo needs to win this game to regain their playoff spot. If they lose, I think Washington will temporarily take the 2nd wildcard spot and it will knock Buffalo down below Pittsburgh (unless it’s at OT loss). Right now Pittsburgh holds the final wildcard spot after their most recent win. They are 1pt ahead of Buffalo. But the Sabres still have like 4 games in hand on Washington so even if they lose they still have some breathing room on the Caps. But I’d much prefer to win today! It would be a big win (but that can be said about most remaining games…).

Edited by BillsFan4

Great win by the Sabres. Cozens is a gem. It looks like Timo Meier is going to the Devils.

From Pierre LeBrun: All signs point to the New Jersey Devils being the front-runners for Timo Meier at this moment but there's still work to be done. No trade yet. But the Devils and Sharks are working at it.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

15 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Great win by the Sabres. Cozens is a gem. It looks like Timo Meier is going to the Devils.

From Pierre LeBrun: All signs point to the New Jersey Devils being the front-runners for Timo Meier at this moment but there's still work to be done. No trade yet. But the Devils and Sharks are working at it.

Sucks but the trade cost is going to be high and so are his salary demands. 

3 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Appears to be a done deal now. Supposedly, a contract extension was not part of the negotiations.

Weird we are still waiting on the trade details hours later. I wonder if they are trying to get ahold of a player involved in the trade first? Or if there are issues with the trade itself?

I guess it came down to Vegas, New Jersey and Carolina with Carolina dropping out last night (or so says Pierre lebrun)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.