Why is Justyn Ross radioactive?

FireChans

23 hours ago, FireChans said:

And yet Clemson let him play all year?

Well he may have had to sign a waiver in case of some catastrophic injury.  Let's not pretend that college football programs really concern themselves over the long term health of their athletes.  I'm sure there are NFL teams where they wouldn't be overly concerned, but then again might be behind the scenes that the NFL won't  want to risk any catastrophic injuries that could cause paralysis or death. Could be argued there's that risk now for any player but maybe when the odds are raised due to a known condition it becomes an unacceptable risk.  

This one makes me sick. Nobody wanted to take a flyer on him in the 7th round? The NFL is really going to let the Chiefs keep loading up on talent? They got Skyy Moore and Justyn Ross for pennies on the dollar. Either one could end up being the steal of the draft

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

This one makes me sick. Nobody wanted to take a flyer on him in the 7th round? The NFL is really going to let the Chiefs keep loading up on talent? They got Skyy Moore and Justyn Ross for pennies on the dollar. Either one could end up being the steal of the draft

He was a FA. It was his decision where to sign, if he had more offers than KC. No one is “letting” the chiefs do anything. He was off a lot of draft boards due to the Medicals, he can sign with the team he feels he could actually make. They don’t have a very proven WR room at the moment when it comes to playing with mahomes so why not. 

On 5/1/2022 at 12:40 PM, FireChans said:

So Justyn Ross, best WR for Clemson 3 years ago. Has a back injury, they find a congenital issue, which they say is the reason teams are staying far away.

But he came back and played with Clemson. Sure he had a bad year, but he had a lingering foot injury and their entire offense was a DISASTER. 

So why was he good to play for Clemson but radioactive in the NFL?

I would think if there was a team that might give him an opportunity it would be Buffalo with there state of the art Healthcare center 🤔 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lets see his notebook 

I’m obviously kidding.  If he does manage to make the team, I doubt he amounts to much.  

Then again, they did trade up in the first round to get him, so maybe there’s something there.

• Haha (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was a FA. It was his decision where to sign, if he had more offers than KC. No one is “letting” the chiefs do anything. He was off a lot of draft boards due to the Medicals, he can sign with the team he feels he could actually make. They don’t have a very proven WR room at the moment when it comes to playing with mahomes so why not. 

that's what i'm saying, why didn't anyone use a 7th on a potential 1st round talent?  by not doing so they are letting him choose one of the better teams.  i don't understand the "he's off our draft board" if he ends up signing with someone anyhow.  there's no way X player drafted in the 7th is better than this guy

2 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I would think if there was a team that might give him an opportunity it would be Buffalo with there state of the art Healthcare center 🤔 

That Bills healthcare team probably looked at him as not a good risk.

6 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Well he may have had to sign a waiver in case of some catastrophic injury.  Let's not pretend that college football programs really concern themselves over the long term health of their athletes.  I'm sure there are NFL teams where they wouldn't be overly concerned, but then again might be behind the scenes that the NFL won't  want to risk any catastrophic injuries that could cause paralysis or death. Could be argued there's that risk now for any player but maybe when the odds are raised due to a known condition it becomes an unacceptable risk.  

He’s on the Chiefs now.

7 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Unless Goodell is assigning UDFA players to teams WTH are you talking about?!?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.