Bills 2nd round pick ???

TFBillsfan

17 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Bean is allergic to offensive picks not named Josh Allen above the 3rd round. I swear he must call the Green Bay front office a lot cause this is exactly what they do with Aaron Rogers 

Before this season, this regime has drafted 14 players in the Top 3 rounds.  8 on offense.  7 on defense.  

If you count the pick traded for Stephon Diggs, that would be 9 picks on offense.

The Bills have the top 3 positions on offense locked down.  Quarterback, Left Tackle and Wide Receiver #1.

Positions like Running Back, Interior O-Line and Tight End can usually be addressed later in the draft.

Defenses are a little more evenly spread between positional importance.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Slightly.  

Still way too dependent on Josh Allen being superhuman. 

-Moderate upgrade at Guard with Saffold over Williams. 

-Slight upgrade with Crowder over Beasley. 

-Big upgrade of Howard over Sweeney. 

-As of now we have no outside WR3 without Sanders. 

-Not much of significance done at RB. 

Im seeing a slight upgrade of the Offense as of today, with a major worry at outside WR3. 

Wouldn’t hate it. We’d have an absolutely filthy TE room in ‘22. 

Also, ESPN will run approximately 45,000 stories on his family. 

So you realize that all of those small changes put together means that the top offense in the league has gotten better. I’m not saying they keep goi my defense I think we would all like to see them draft some more speed/blocking for Josh but all of those small changes put together could end up being a significant upgrade 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

So an upgrade nonetheless correct? I'm not trying to be a tool but some act is if it's Josh Allen all by himself. We will always be way too dependent on Josh Allen, he's a super human elite QB, we've finally arrived! Name teams with 2 elite WR, 2 elite TE's , an OL full of Pro Bowlers? 2 elite RBs, yes you can name a few here and there but in reality we have a superbowl roster as is imo. I'm not against offense, I'd like some competition in certain areas like RG, RT, more WR depth etc.

WR3 in this offense isn’t a luxury.. Dont want to upgrade RB, fine.  Don’t want to invest in a monster OL, fine.  We can get by with a below average RB room and average/above average OL.  Could it be better, sure.. but you can’t spend everywhere. 

We have NOTHING outside after Diggs and Davis.  If one goes down for a few games, as of now, take your pick of Kumerow, Hodgins or Stevenson.   If CB was a five alarm fire need last night, I believe WR is that tonight. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

We literally dedicate most of our draft capital on the defense and we still have defensive issues. It’s sad really. 

Yes, we have some issues, but we did finish with the no. 1 overall defense last year (though the quality of our offensive opponents is still definitely open for debate).  Sure, we've focused on defense in the first round the past three years, but our draft picks have been spread pretty evenly between O and D during Beane's tenure.  

Edited by TheBrownBear
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I've been running through a bunch of trade scenarios and it doesn't seem that hard to recoup the 4th round pick the Bills gave up yesterday (assuming they find a willing trade partner).   For example:

1.)  Trade with 49ers:    Drop down 4 spots in round 2.   Bills trade #57 (330 points), receive #61 and #134 (331 points)

2.)  Trade with Broncos:   Drop down 7 spots in round 2.   Bills trade #57 (330 points), receive #64 and #116 (332 points)

3.)  Trade with Giants:     Drop down 10 spots in round 2.     Bills trade #57 (330 points), receive #67 and #112 (325 points)

I hope Beane is thinking about / working the phones on this kind of wheeling and dealing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this.... Did we not upgrade the offense in FA? 

We literally spent the bulk of FA dollars on Von Miller and then added across the DL. Crowder, oft injured OJ Howard, Duke Johnson and 34 year old coming off an injury Saffold on offense. We need playmakers and still need to bolster the oline. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

Just now, Dr. Who said:

We literally spent the bulk of FA dollars on Von Miller and then added across the DL. Crowder, oft injured OJ Howard, Duke Johnson and 34 year old coming off an injury Saffold on offense. We need playmakers and still need to bolster the oline. 

We neglect the offense like its the plague, especially the o-line. I guess the plan is to rehabilitate Ford into a Ferrari. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Don’t forget that every single one of the offensive players are on cheap one year deals.  Not necessarily evenly spread at all when you look at the big picture. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SCBills said:

WR3 in this offense isn’t a luxury.. Dont want to upgrade RB, fine.  Don’t want to invest in a monster OL, fine.  We can get by with a below average RB room and average/above average OL.  Could it be better, sure.. but you can’t spend everywhere. 

We have NOTHING outside after Diggs and Davis.  If one goes down for a few games, as of now, take your pick of Kumerow, Hodgins or Stevenson.   If CB was a five alarm fire need last night, I believe WR is that tonight. 

Completely agree with all of this, but it's possible that they find their WR3 in FA after the draft with a guy like Julio Jones.  Not the best of options and I'd prefer a WR in the draft, but I'm okay with BPA over WR if it's a significant difference in talent level.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

Don’t forget that every single one of the offensive players are on cheap one year deals.  Not necessarily evenly spread at all when you look at the big picture. 

I honestly feel sorry for Josh Allen. Imagine what he would do if we actually gave him the support he deserves. 

• Agree 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

We neglect the offense like its the plague, especially the o-line. I guess the plan is to rehabilitate Ford into a Ferrari. 

This. I’m pretty tired of hearing Beane blow off about how important it is to help out Allen and then goes out and gives him some patchwork offensive help and drafts a first round DB. 

Oh by the way…I think the smokescreen about a first round running back has completely run it’s course after last night. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

I've been running through a bunch of trade scenarios and it doesn't seem that hard to recoup the 4th round pick the Bills gave up yesterday (assuming they find a willing trade partner).   For example:

1.)  Trade with 49ers:    Drop down 4 spots in round 2.   Bills trade #57 (330 points), receive #61 and #134 (331 points)

2.)  Trade with Broncos:   Drop down 7 spots in round 2.   Bills trade #57 (330 points), receive #64 and #116 (332 points)

3.)  Trade with Giants:     Drop down 10 spots in round 2.     Bills trade #57 (330 points), receive #67 and #112 (325 points)

I hope Beane is thinking about / working the phones on this kind of wheeling and dealing.

In these scenarios you have the Bills trading out of the second round just so they can get back a 4th round pick-that doesnt make any sense to me 

• Agree 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

I honestly feel sorry for Josh Allen. Imagine what he would do if we actually gave him the support he deserves. 

Here’s my thing…I know the dude is a good team player and all, but at what point is he having a face to face with Beane about why they don’t spend premium resources on the offense (outside of Diggs). 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

This. I’m pretty tired of hearing Beane blow off about how important it is to help out Allen and then goes out and gives him some patchwork offensive help and drafts a first round DB. 

Oh by the way…I think the smokescreen about a first round running back has completely run it’s course after last night. 

If Allen gets hurt because we failed to protect him, I’m going to beyond livid. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.