Bills 2nd round pick ???

TFBillsfan

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Don’t forget that every single one of the offensive players are on cheap one year deals.  Not necessarily evenly spread at all when you look at the big picture. 

I get the 1 yr deals, but is there anything preventing us from signing them longer if we like what we see for a year?🤔

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I’ll be wondering if they can still ***** up 13 seconds with all the money and picks they threw at it if that’s the case.😅

You must be talking about the p###### defense. Why can't I say pre-tard

Edited by ScorpionZero
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

to be fair letterkenny problems GIF I do remember quite a few people clamoring for Mahomes when we traded that pick to KC and have ever since had our football destinies intertwined... I'm not saying I would rather have it that way, I love Josh and wouldn't trade him for anything or anybody(s), just playing devil's advocate. If some armchairs got their way that draft and just took Mahomes at 10, do we have a Lombardi here in Buffalo already or are we still "just" odds on favorites to win the next one?

So you have decided to rail against Beane with your made up agenda and hypotheticals ever since Bills didn’t select Mahomes!  

3 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I get the 1 yr deals, but is there anything preventing us from signing them longer if we like what we see for a year?🤔

I get this. But geez…show your franchise qb some good faith by getting some elite help or spending premium picks on his side of the ball. 

It has to be RB we have no depth at that position.  Moss is injury prone and I would consider him a bust period.  Never did like him as a 3rd round pick.

Motor although tough is not big enough to take a pounding all season long.   I still have doubts about him too.  Just does not have the explosive break away speed that other NFL backs do.

We have no one on our roster that is a competent backup, what Duke Johnson, Taiwan Jones, Please.....

This is a huge hole that needs to be filled in this round with this pick.

We can go receiver or LB in the 3rd round. 

I would wear a damn stupid Packers Cheese head if we didn't go RB in this round.

I would even trade Moss away to get a decent RB.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

I've been running through a bunch of trade scenarios and it doesn't seem that hard to recoup the 4th round pick the Bills gave up yesterday (assuming they find a willing trade partner).   For example:

1.)  Trade with 49ers:    Drop down 4 spots in round 2.   Bills trade #57 (330 points), receive #61 and #134 (331 points)

2.)  Trade with Broncos:   Drop down 7 spots in round 2.   Bills trade #57 (330 points), receive #64 and #116 (332 points)

3.)  Trade with Giants:     Drop down 10 spots in round 2.     Bills trade #57 (330 points), receive #67 and #112 (325 points)

I hope Beane is thinking about / working the phones on this kind of wheeling and dealing.

When has he not, last year was his least move around the board since he's been here. He's always working it, it's just who he is 

19 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

In these scenarios you have the Bills trading out of the second round just so they can get back a 4th round pick-that doesnt make any sense to me 

The ROUND number isn't important.   That's just a numeric thing.    It's the draft SPOT they pick in that's important.    

Dropping four spots in the 49ers scenario gets back approximately the same 4th round pick thay gave away last night (#134 vs #130).      Moving down four spots is very doable, IMO.     Dropping 7 and 10 gets you a much better fourth round pick than they originally had (#116 or #112 vs #130).

Edited by Shake_My_Head
  • Like (+1) 1

We really need some depth at guard - Saffold is only a 1-year filler and is not great against the pass. Bates has not played a full season and the likelihood that Ford will come good under Kromer is low. Must strengthen the IOL.

Edited by SydneyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, whorlnut said:

I get this. But geez…show your franchise qb some good faith by getting some elite help or spending premium picks on his side of the ball. 

I don't disagree with that. I just don't think we are as deficient on offense as many people make it sound and I don't think the round a player is picked is as important than picking the right players that fit in with the team.

6 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I don't disagree with that. I just don't think we are as deficient on offense as many people make it sound and I don't think the round a player is picked is as important than picking the right players that fit in with the team.

Nobody is saying we are “deficient” on offense.   What we’re saying is that the Offenses in the AFC are elite, and if we want an Offense that can trade punches with them, it can’t be reliant upon two WR’s never getting hurt and a QB that has to be the following:

-Our best RB

-The best QB against pressure

-Constantly elevating mid round talent 

I get that his job, as a highly paid elite QB is to elevate those around him, but last year we asked him to do way too much. 

So far the upgrades have been slight to moderate and all patchwork.  No long term help and we lost our WR3. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

35 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They’ve drafted Josh Allen… he’s elevated the rest of the team and hid a lot of the deficiencies and flaws of the team overall…. I don’t think that’s ever been more evident than this past season. 

Yep - and Edmunds with 2 pro bowls, Oliver, White with Probowls, Milano, Dawkins, Knox, Singletary, Davis, Brown, Johnson, Rousseau, Basham, Bass, Boettger, Brown, Dodson, Epenesa, Hamlin, Hodgins, Jackson, etc - all playing and giving minutes.

They are not all home runs, but they hit on more players and develop more players than other teams.

The make-up may not be what everyone hopes for, but year after year they hammer out multiple picks that make the team and stay and then those that go on still have success.

Teller, Zay Jones, Phillips, etc - get moved and then signed by other teams.

They are not perfect, but they find people at every level.

9 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

It has to be RB we have no depth at that position.  Moss is injury prone and I would consider him a bust period.  Never did like him as a 3rd round pick.

Motor although tough is not big enough to take a pounding all season long.   I still have doubts about him too.  Just does not have the explosive break away speed that other NFL backs do.

We have no one on our roster that is a competent backup, what Duke Johnson, Taiwan Jones, Please.....

This is a huge hole that needs to be filled in this round with this pick.

We can go receiver or LB in the 3rd round. 

I would wear a damn stupid Packers Cheese head if we didn't go RB in this round.

I would even trade Moss away to get a decent RB.

I'd think the bills will roll with those 3- Motor, moss and duke. Especially with the way the line played late half and all the new additions. I think there might be some good back up rb's had in the 5th-6th 

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Nobody is saying we are “deficient” on offense.   What we’re saying is that the Offenses in the AFC are elite, and if we want an Offense that can trade punches with them, it can’t be reliant upon two WR’s never getting hurt and a QB that has to be the following:

-Our best RB

-The best QB against pressure

-Constantly elevating mid round talent 

I get that his job, as a highly paid elite QB is to elevate those around him, but last year we asked him to do way too much. 

Sofar the upgrades have been slight to moderate and all patchwork.  No long term help and we lost our WR3. 

All teams are sitting in basically the same boat...

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, TBBills said:

It's absurd arguing with someone who repeatedly makes moronic comments, but did you really just say that all teams are basically in the same boat to an offense that is reliant on a qb being their best rb, the best qb in the league under pressure, and constantly elevating mid-level talent? And if you want to be excellent, the target should be maximizing your elite qb by giving him more top level playmakers so when the multiplier factor of having said qb kicks in, the end result is superior.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TBBills said:

No, they are not. 

Is Mahomes the best RB on KC?  Herbert in LA? Burrow in Cinci? Stafford in LA? Rodgers… Brady…?

Allen also led the league against pressure and evades rushers like Neo dodging bullets in the Matrix. 

What do you think we should do with WR3?  You good right now?  

Give Allen some long term help tonight and I’ll shut up.  I’ll accept that we can’t do everything, but for the “LB at 57” crowd… I’d have zero issue with Allen pulling a Lamar and tweeting out a “wtf”. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Dr. Who said:

It's absurd arguing with someone who repeatedly makes moronic comments, but did you really just say that all teams are basically in the same boat to an offense that is reliant on a qb being their best rb, the best qb in the league under pressure, and constantly elevating mid-level talent? And if you want to be excellent, the target should be maximizing your elite qb by giving him more top level playmakers so when the multiplier factor of having said qb kicks in, the end result is superior.

I am talking about being a few injuries away from being in trouble.

3 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

to be fair letterkenny problems GIF I do remember quite a few people clamoring for Mahomes when we traded that pick to KC and have ever since had our football destinies intertwined... I'm not saying I would rather have it that way, I love Josh and wouldn't trade him for anything or anybody(s), just playing devil's advocate. If some armchairs got their way that draft and just took Mahomes at 10, do we have a Lombardi here in Buffalo already or are we still "just" odds on favorites to win the next one?

I wouldn’t trade Josh either, but your hypothetical is something I’ve thought about. 

Mahomes would have either beaten out Tyrod in camp or took over mid season against the Chargers instead of….can’t remember who was that again…then probably scores more than 3 points against the Jags in the wild card who were damn close to making the SB themselves. 

What I’m saying is it’s not a stretch to think he may have won the AFC as a rookie in Buffalo. 

Just now, TBBills said:

I am talking about being a few injuries away from being in trouble.

Alright, a universal condition doesn't indicate not addressing depth issues on offense. A young IOL with potential, a speed wr with size, and a pass catching rb are all reasonable asks when the GM has said that he wants to support Josh Allen with actual players. Bandaid veteran Free Agents is not enough.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.