Bills 2nd round pick ???

TFBillsfan

I'm really starting to think that we're gonna be more balanced this year switching between 11 and 12 personnel. You can pass out of both formations, but 12 can lead to more guessing by the defense trying to determine if it's a run or pass. Plus you can give Josh options to decide on either. They run allot of RPO, but if they're in a 12 and the defense shows a more pass defense then he'll be able to switch to a run and vice versus. So with that in mind, I think you need to add a running back that can pound it when need be while still having some skill with catching it out of the backfield, but is skilled in pass rush pickups. 

Those backs can be had in the fourth and later. Leaving them to add more skill tonight, whether that's WR,TE,CB,LB. 

Beane can move back into the 4th with a pick from next years draft to grab Hassan Haskins (which I've previously talked about). While grabbing Cade Mays or Chris Paul in the 5th, both of which have experience at multiple positions (which they love). 

Trying to get into the head of a GM will drive you nuts and make you question what he's doing, but I for one will give him the benefit of the doubt, because he's earned it.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

And they’ve done very little to fix that problem to this point IMO. 

Maybe I am too much as a "Glass half full" guy.🤔

Once Dawkins got healthy and Bates came in the line improved and running game improved as well. I thought the weakest link was Williams.  They got Saffold to fix that. I expect improvement from Brown. Even if we draft an oline player, I don't see them starting. Add Kromer and I think that's additional improvement. 

Singletary has 4.7 career ypc and 4.6 last year behind a poor oline. Maybe a little slower than we would all like, but still pretty darn good. I agree we could use an upgrade over Moss and Jones though.

As to the WR, we are looking as spot duty, upgrade to Kumerow and Insurance against injury. I get it and I am all good getting a WR wherever they think we should. Still LOTS of them available throughout the draft and probably even in UDFA this year.

Just seems to me the draft this year is all about the CB, depth and future. 

Maybe I am just to old to focus on the negative things in life and have learned to focus on the positive things.😁

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

I'm really starting to think that we're gonna be more balanced this year switching between 11 and 12 personnel. You can pass out of both formations, but 12 can lead to more guessing by the defense trying to determine if it's a run or pass. Plus you can give Josh options to decide on either. They run allot of RPO, but if they're in a 12 and the defense shows a more pass defense then he'll be able to switch to a run and vice versus. So with that in mind, I think you need to add a running back that can pound it when need be while still having some skill with catching it out of the backfield, but is skilled in pass rush pickups. 

Those backs can be had in the fourth and later. Leaving them to add more skill tonight, whether that's WR,TE,CB,LB. 

Beane can move back into the 4th with a pick from next years draft to grab Hassan Haskins (which I've previously talked about). While grabbing Cade Mays or Chris Paul in the 5th, both of which have experience at multiple positions (which they love). 

Trying to get into the head of a GM will drive you nuts and make you question what he's doing, but I for one will give him the benefit of the doubt, because he's earned it.

They RB you described sounds like Zach Moss. He's better in the pass game than singletary. Maybe he has a bounce-back year with the new oLine coach.

7 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

They RB you described sounds like Zach Moss. He's better in the pass game than singletary. Maybe he has a bounce-back year with the new oLine coach.

Id love to upgrade RB, but I honestly believe that with Kromer in the fold, Dawkins healthy, Brown now with a year under his belt and Saffold replacing Williams that our running game will be much stronger even if we stand pat. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SCBills said:

Id love to upgrade RB, but I honestly believe that with Kromer in the fold, Dawkins healthy, Brown now with a year under his belt and Saffold replacing Williams that our running game will be much stronger even if we stand pat. 

Do we need to take a risk? WR in the second and RB in the third - if Alec Pierce and James Cook are still on the board then perfect.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Well the reason I like Haskins is that he's a true bruiser, can catch out of the backfield albeit with a limited route tree but was rated as an excellent blocker in pass pro. Then there's the fact he's an excellent teammate, has the attitude and rep that he'll run through a brick wall for his teammates and had great coaching at Michigan. I remember when we drafted moss and he said his running style was to make defenders "make business decisions" but that never really happened. Haskins at 6'2" 228 lbs, could definitely live up to that statement.i just think he really lives up to the character of the team. He may never get people excited but will give you everything he's got.

Edited by ScorpionZero
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, ScorpionZero said:

Well the reason I like Haskins is that he's a true bruiser, can catch out of the backfield albeit with a limited route try but was rated as an excellent blocker in pass pro. Then there's the fact he's an excellent teammate, has the attitude and rep that he'll run through a brick wall for his teammates and had great coaching at Michigan. I remember when we drafted moss and he said his running style was to make defenders "make business decisions" but that never really happened. Haskins at 6'2" 228 lbs, could definitely live up to that statement.i just think he really lives up to the character of the team. He may never get people excited but will give you everything he's got.

Don't you back out on me. I thought we were on the same page with Horvath. 😉

21 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

I agree they'll want to run more 12-personnel, but counting on OJ Howard to be healthy for 17 games is a major longshot. I think we add a late TE draft pick or a cheap FA on a 1yr deal.

19 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Singletary has lots of great catch and runs. I can’t remember much from Moss.

6 minutes ago, 947 said:

I agree they'll want to run more 12-personnel, but counting on OJ Howard to be healthy for 17 games is a major longshot. I think we add a late TE draft pick or a cheap FA on a 1yr deal.

Well that's kinda what I was saying when I stated that they can grab skill (like a TE) in the next 2 rounds to make that work. I know everybody has wood for woods( pun intended ) but Ruckert in the third could be wise decision.

Are we having FUN yet

Edited by ScorpionZero
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Singletary has lots of great catch and runs. I can’t remember much from Moss.

I think he's better in pass pro, could be wrong.

I guess I'm thinking of Singletary's notable drops, and I remember Moss having a couple good receiving games mid-season. I just went back and looked at his receiving stats and between weeks 5-8 he had most of his production including a 6 for 39 and 3 for 55. I formed a positive opinion of him as a receiving back at that point even though it didn't continue, I remember being pleasantly surprised. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

WR3 in this offense isn’t a luxury.. Dont want to upgrade RB, fine.  Don’t want to invest in a monster OL, fine.  We can get by with a below average RB room and average/above average OL.  Could it be better, sure.. but you can’t spend everywhere. 

We have NOTHING outside after Diggs and Davis.  If one goes down for a few games, as of now, take your pick of Kumerow, Hodgins or Stevenson.   If CB was a five alarm fire need last night, I believe WR is that tonight. 

And i think ppl are forgetting how cole beasley kept our offensive engine running when he was on especially in 2020. We need to keep our fastball. We havent drafted a wr or rb in the first two rounds in years

2 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

I think he's better in pass pro, could be wrong.

I guess I'm thinking of Singletary's notable drops, and I remember Moss having a couple good receiving games mid-season. I just went back and looked at his receiving stats and between weeks 5-8 he had most of his production including a 6 for 39 and 3 for 55. I formed a positive opinion of him as a receiving back at that point even though it didn't continue, I remember being pleasantly surprised. 

I can't argue with the stats but a couple good games shouldn't give you a roster spot. Johnson could more than makeup RB catches in his place and open a roster spot by releasing moss.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.