AJ Brown traded to Eagles

YoloinOhio

19 minutes ago, SoTier said:

The Eagles did for Jalen Hurts what the Bills did for Josh Allen: got him a real WR1.   How is that "horrible"? 

Because Hurts is closer to Tyrod than Allen. Like I give them credit for putting the best they can around him, but the problem is Hurts. He’s fine, but I’m sure the Eagles are looking to move on 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Well, now they have a bonafide #1 and maybe a #1A.  My point is that they wanted to give their young QB every opportunity to prove himself and not be hampered by a poor supporting cast.  That's exactly what a well run team does. 

Okay, and I didn't disagree with you on that. I think it was a solid move by the Eagles. :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Because Hurts is closer to Tyrod than Allen. Like I give them credit for putting the best they can around him, but the problem is Hurts. He’s fine, but I’m sure the Eagles are looking to move on 

Hurts isn't Allen, but he definitely isn't Tyrod either. I think they can be a good team with him at QB. He had almost 4k total yards last year and 26 total TD's with one WR, DeVonta Smith, and that's it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Okay, and I didn't disagree with you on that. I think it was a solid move by the Eagles. :thumbsup:

Hurts isn't Allen, but he definitely isn't Tyrod either. I think they can be a good team with him at QB. He had almost 4k total yards last year and 26 total TD's with one WR, DeVonta Smith, and that's it. 

Hurts is closer to Tebow that anybody, he’ll be a backup soon enough.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

^^^

12 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I don't think that either of you remember how Josh Allen played as a sophomore.   He showed flashes of possibly being a really good QB but he was inconsistent in his accuracy and his decision-making and played "hero ball" too often.  It was only in his third season that Allen blossomed into a top QB.  Hurts has shown enough potential that he could very well develop into a franchise QB.  Just because he might be as talented as Josh Allen doesn't mean that he's trash, but the Eagles will never know how good he can be if they don't support him with top quality targets. 

Eli Manning was a decent NFL QB but not nearly as good as his brother Peyton, but he has as many Super Bowl rings as Peyton.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

IIRC He has a proven record of saying one thing and doing the opposite 

It did not sound like Vrabel was happy about the trade.  I am not sure this is on him.

AJ Brown made it sound like he didn’t want to go - would of settled for around 22 million in Tennessee.

It seems like a cluster that was because Tennessee did not want to exceed 20 million for a WR.

43 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Not even close. I'm not saying hurts is a great QB, but he doubled Tebow's career production in a single season. That was with having only one NFL starting caliber WR. If he continues to work on his game he will be more than serviceable as a starter.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Not even close. I'm not saying hurts is a great QB, but he doubled Tebow's career production in a single season. That was with having only one NFL starting caliber WR. If he continues to work on his game he will be more than serviceable as a starter.  

He can hope to get a Mariota career out of his skill set and Mariota is far better overall.  Hurts is awful, his only “production” as a passer is garbage time when D’s just role in a prevent because they are already blowing the iggles out.

• Eyeroll 1

I understand the rationale behind the trade in terms of their salary cap issues, but just the same, they just got very weaker. Their defense will have to carry them more and with Henry losing his 2 guards to us, his production may take a hit. God knows Tannehill isn't the type to cover up deficiencies

25 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

There’s Miami tape out there 

Great point, I’m really looking forward to seeing the stupid expression on Vrabel’s face when he realizes his team is awful. I have an irrational dislike of the Titans, and can’t wait for them to leave the mix of AFC pretenders. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.