TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed!

Virgil

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I had that same initial thought. But you start McDuffie in the slot that is one of the best corner trios in the league IMO and what has long been a weakness for Atlanta suddenly becomes a strength. I think Terrell went under the radar last year because the team was bad. He was absolutely outstanding. He got second team all pro honours but he only actually received 8 votes among the 50 voters. He deserved more than that IMO. If he has another year like that he rockets into that genuine elite corner conversation.

The problem with the Falcons will be scoring enough points. I know they drafted Pickens, but Mariota is still the QB. They have Pitts and Patterson, then nothing. Arthur Smith still needs his guy at RB too. Patterson is a nice, all -around weapon, but smith needs that 20-25 carry a game young horse to take some heat off of the QB. Just like Tennessee with Henry and Tannehill. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, H2o said:

The problem with the Falcons will be scoring enough points. I know they drafted Pickens, but Mariota is still the QB. They have Pitts and Patterson, then nothing. Arthur Smith still needs his guy at RB too. Patterson is a nice, all -around weapon, but smith needs that 20-25 carry a game young horse to take some heat off of the QB. Just like Tennessee with Henry and Tannehill. 

I agree their offense is going to suck as of right now. Pickens would help but they need more.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree their offense is going to suck as of right now. Pickens would help but they need more.

Calvin Ridley right now while we're discussing Atlanta Falcons team needs.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bn5xl4w9m8qwvszdz12s

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think Atlanta can do it all in one year.  Not going to reach for QB this year.  They should have a high pick again next year.   I am just putting some of the pieces in place.  4 picks in the first two rounds.  I am not going to take a QB for the sake of taking a QB, if I don't believe the player is special.

• Agree 2

With the 36th pick of the TSW NFL Draft 2.0, the NY Giants select Jahan Dotson, WR - Penn State

Brian Dabol is ecstatic right now. In the first round he gets his franchise CB and franchise OT. Now they he gets his weapon outside with athleticism, speed and toughness. Can’t believe the Giants got this lucky. 

The Texans and @MrEpsYtown is on the clock. @Virgil

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Texans (MrEpysYtown) are on the clock

I find it bizarre, and possible lazy, that only two players haven't been picked within the top 36 BPA to this point.

Just now, wppete said:

what do you mean?

Through 36 picks, all of them minus two have aligned with the ESPN BPA list.  I find that odd and hope people aren't just picking the next BPA on the list.  I know that's not the case with everyone, as it literally just balanced out with the last pick, but still.....

I would think we'd have more players in the top 50 overall gone by now

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I find it bizarre, and possible lazy, that only two players haven't been picked within the top 36 BPA to this point.

Through 36 picks, all of them minus two have aligned with the ESPN BPA list.  I find that odd and hope people aren't just picking the next BPA on the list.  I know that's not the case with everyone, as it literally just balanced out with the last pick, but still.....

ahh I see. I agree. It is odd. 

26 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I don't think Atlanta can do it all in one year.  Not going to reach for QB this year.  They should have a high pick again next year.   I am just putting some of the pieces in place.  4 picks in the first two rounds.  I am not going to take a QB for the sake of taking a QB, if I don't believe the player is special.

I think you are right not to as well. 

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Not that it matters much but this is not correct. 3 players. Pickens is chosen and you left him on the list.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Jets (Big Blitz) are on the clock

With the 38th pick in the draft, the New York Jets select, Lewis Cine S Georgia.

Strength down the middle - on offense and now on defense.  The rebuilt Jets solidify the secondary.  We believe we've added legit starters at high value positions and filled several holes.

With the 39th pick in the TSW NFL Mock Draft 2.0, the Chicago Bears select Bernhard Raimann, OT, Central Michigan.  

This team has needs practically everywhere, but we have to start with protecting Justin Fields.  Raimann has great size and athleticism and can play either left or right tackle. We're hoping for the kind of impact Spencer Brown had for the Bills last year.

The Seattle Seahags and @HappyDays are on the clock.

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Seahawks (HappyDays) are on the clock
  • Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Titans (BigDaddyinOrlando) are on the clock

The titans received the 40th pick from the Seahawks in a trade earlier

With the 40th pick of the 2022 TSW draft the Tennessee Titans select Skyy Moore wr 

Western Michigan. After AJ Brown there is a dearth of we talent on the roster. Moore thrives in the middle of field and fights for every catch. Will be a fine addition to the Titans

The Seahawks and @HappyDays are in the clock! 

With the 41st selection, the Seattle Seahawks select Boye Mafe, EDGE, Minnesota.

Our defensive line has lacked difference makers and we just lost Carlos Dunlap. Mafe has high upside. We love him as the first big piece to start our rebuild on defense.

We're very happy with our haul in these first two rounds. We start our rebuild with a potential franchise QB, franchise LT, and franchise edge rusher. We see those as the three key pieces of any team, so if all of our picks hit, the transition from the Russell Wilson era will happen much faster than expected. And we still have DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett to give Matt Corral something to work with while he figures out NFL defenses.

The Colts @Philo is on the clock

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

With the 41st selection, the Seattle Seahawks select Boye Mafe, EDGE, Minnesota.

Our defensive line has lacked difference makers and we just lost Carlos Dunlap. Mafe has high upside. We love him as the first big piece to start our rebuild on defense.

We're very happy with our haul in these first two rounds. We start our rebuild with a potential franchise QB, franchise LT, and franchise edge rusher. We see those as the three key pieces of any team, so if all of our picks hit, the transition from the Russell Wilson era will happen much faster than expected. And we still have DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett to give Matt Corral something to work with while he figures out NFL defenses.

The Colts @Philo is on the clock

Perfect fit there for Mafe

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Colts (Philo) are on the clock
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.