Sal Capaccio Opines that Beane was acting "Emotionally" in signing Von Miller

BillsFan692

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

When I heard Sal say this on radio he made it clear that it was his own opinion that Beane may have been extra motivated to get that deal done because what went down with mckissic. He said he has no knowledge of it actually being the case. So not really a rumor. 

Yes he did. He made it more than crystal clear that he was simply spitballing his opinion.

Likely one had zero to do with the other, being  both were likely in the works during the same time period. Sal is just adding a couple pieces of “flair” to his show…, 

Washington is a crap organization doing crap organization things.  Same with Houston and Cleveland.  Unfortunately that dysfunction can ripple throughout the league with real consequences.  The Browns just reset the QB market forever with the contract they gave Watson out of pure desperation and dysfunction.  The league is interconnected in that way.

14 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

It doesn’t really make much sense to me. I don’t really see what one has to do with the other.

Beane was so emotional after missing out on a #2 RB that he decided he absolutely had to sign a future hall of fame defensive linemen…? 🤷‍♂️

I think Beane has wanted Von Miller for a while (as he told us) and when Von was interested in signing here Beane made it a priority.

Yeah.  Von Miller is a marquee signing.  McKissic would have been a mid-tier signing.  It’s just dumb speculation that anger over McKissic backing out would’ve impacted Miller.  

• Like (+1) 1

Almost all humans have some emotion unless they are a sociopath, and I’m sure Beane was pissed as evidenced in his comments.

With that said, Beane is about as methodical, process driven person that there is.    I remember reading this long article filled with Beane quotes and people who knew him when the Bills hired him (Which for the life of me I cannot find), regarding his approach to his decisions.   I just remember immediately after reading it saying to myself “He’s the one”.    

I instantly became a supporter of his.  I can relate with the process and the methodic approach because that is how we deal with things in our company and I’m a true believer in that.    

Beane made some very tough choices immediately when he stepped in, choices that left a lot of crying and bitching from some in the fan base after he decided to trade Watkins, Dareus, releasing the legendary JAG RB Williams among other things.    But there was a plan in place, they wanted to build culture which many in this board believe is fictional, release malcontents, make smart financial decisions based off of $, availability and production and at the end of the day Beane was going to succeed or fail doing it under the old mantra of Sinatra “I did it my way”.

Which there can be no other proper way than that.   He hasn’t always hit a home run (but then again who does), but he has made more good big decisions than bad.    

I don’t believe for a minute that the McKissic deal impacted the Von Miller signing.  May he have felt a little more emotion?  Certainly, but it wasn’t THE reason why the Miller deal came about.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

When I heard Sal say this on radio he made it clear that it was his own opinion that Beane may have been extra motivated to get that deal done because what went down with mckissic. He said he has no knowledge of it actually being the case. So not really a rumor. 

Doesnt this accurately answer the OP question and end this thread?  What’s left to discuss?

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Doesnt this accurately answer the OP question and end this thread?  What’s left to discuss?

Discussing whether or not people feel the decision was made emotionally.

Sal suggests it was. He also reports things on twitter (not just the radio)

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

who cares if he made Miller an "angry" signing?

what is this?

I think some people would care if GM was making moves based on moment-to-moment emotions but I think most people do not buy what Sal was selling. Some do, though.

Just answering your question;)

• BillsFan692 changed the title to Sal Capaccio Opines that Beane was acting "Emotionally" in signing Von Miller
4 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Discussing whether or not people feel the decision was made emotionally.

Sal suggests it was. He also reports things on twitter (not just the radio)

I think some people would care if GM was making moves based on moment-to-moment emotions but I think most people do not buy what Sal was selling. Some do, though.

Just answering your question;)

But it was already established it was just his made up guess/opinion.  Why debate something that there is zero evidence of even happening?

Thats like me saying:  "Josh Allen was so pissed that JD went back to Washington that he probably stormed into Beanes office and demanded he make a big move immediately"...and then us debating our reaction to this made up scenario.  

Pointless and just creates a false narrative.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

I highly doubt the two are connected at all.

Like, if he went and traded for a running back, yeah, but it wasn't even on the same side of the ball, and I'm sure the talks with Von Miller had been going on already.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.