Deshaun Watson to Browns - $230 million guaranteed

Draconator

Up until the acquisition of Watson, I rooted for the Browns a bit. I viewed them as our brothers in misery. Our fellow Lake Erie compadres with a proud history but a tortured past. 

No longer.

I knew the Haslams were clowns who have no idea how to run a team. Now I know that they're morally bankrupt, too, happily selling their souls and the dignity of their proud franchise for a shot at gridiron glory. And as I said before, the fact that they refused to at least attend the introductory press conference speaks to their cowardice and to a consciousness of guilt.

Lastly, I noticed that neither Andrew Berry nor the Haslams said today that they believe Deshaun Watson is innocent of the chargers of which he is accused. Berry refused to answer that question, instead saying "we believe in Deshaun the person". The Haslams refused to answer it, too, instead saying "we trust the legal system". They should've both just said what they meant: "Yes, we think there's a good chance he did it, but no, we don't care, because he's good at playing football".

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The best part was where he said he wouldn’t disrespect women because he was raised by his grandma and “aunties.” And then when he was asked why he had 40 masseuses and it was because “well you know you just meet people” 

I mean he played in the same city for half a decade how could he not need at least 8 new masseuses a year.

Edited by Warcodered

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Doesn't the NFL know this is interfering with the criminal investigation?

I understand you are making fun of the Browns statement but the criminal case is over now so I'm glad they are actually interviewing the alleged victims

It’s simply unbelievable that the most criminally corrupt owner in the NFL is allowed to give the benefit of the doubt to his new QB in an insane public speech.  Haslam understands what it’s like to escape criminal prosecution when you are so clearly guilty of a crime.

Haslam is a crook.  Naturally he hired one. All garbage humans

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

$10 million per victim, with $10 million left over all for himself?

You forgot the money for laywers.   I have always spelled it that way even getting wrong on my spelling test in grade school.  Teacher did not like my explanation WHY I spelled it that way (her husband was one) but never included it on test again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.