Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

No idea how “a bit of ground and pound” is the solution to our offensive woes with Josh Allen as the QB…. Amazing that some fans have concluded that taking the ball out of Josh’s hands MORE  should be the plan going forward and they need to spend a 1st round pick on a guy to do that. 😅

There are several possible solutions.  There’s no one way to go out and win a super bowl.  We have Josh Allen….there are several ways to game plan for winning a super bowl.  

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The problem is, teams know that Singletary and Moss have no speed and they are no threat to break one outside. That is a problem. Defenses need to be afraid of every inch of the football field. Defenses need to be afraid of what play is going to happen. If they see Singletary in the back field, defenses are going to guess that Singletary will not run a route, and chances are they will be more right than wrong. It’s a major weakness that good coordinators can key in on. Breece Hall makes the offense incredibly dangerous because his 4.39 speed getting to the outside, catching ability make it so defenses will never feel comfortable. They are to comfortable when Singletary and Moss are on the field. 

Thanks....and possibly correct. I wish I knew enough about coaching O Line strategy to say whether that's true or not. I've been of the mindset that having Josh Allen and the WRs was enough of a threat to keep defenses honest against the run game. It keeps them from stacking the box. What I've seen instead is a very weak blocking scheme in which the RB almost never has a hole on the INSIDE. You think it's speed. I don't. The difference you'll get from a 4.39 guy when you're only traveling from the hand-off to the hole is probably a millionth of a second.  That cannot possibly make that much of a difference. (My two cents)

Go Bills

7 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The problem is, teams know that Singletary and Moss have no speed and they are no threat to break one outside. That is a problem. Defenses need to be afraid of every inch of the football field. Defenses need to be afraid of what play is going to happen. If they see Singletary in the back field, defenses are going to guess that Singletary will not run a route, and chances are they will be more right than wrong. It’s a major weakness that good coordinators can key in on. Breece Hall makes the offense incredibly dangerous because his 4.39 speed getting to the outside, catching ability make it so defenses will never feel comfortable. They are to comfortable when Singletary and Moss are on the field. 

I'm in the minority, but I have said I am fine with the Bills drafting Hall at 25.

But we all know that they are attempting to trade up for a player they really want.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I'm in the minority, but I have said I am fine with the Bills drafting Hall at 25.

But we all know that they are attempting to trade up for a player they really want.

either or scenario is where I'm at.  Hall or trade UP are my guesses.  Stoked for tomorrow Me? Not at all ***Oh Yes I am***** 🙂

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I want the best player on the field to get as many opportunities as possible….that is Josh Allen and it ain’t and won’t be close next season no matter who they add in the backfield…. There are several solutions but there is no doubt having Josh chuck it all over the field is the BEST way for them to get it done…. Not force feeding a balanced offense. It’s why I mentioned several times this off-season the Bills play calling against the Chiefs in the middle of that game was down right bad in that it was too conservative… specifically on 3rd and short. 

Even if we draft Breece Hall, Josh allen will get plenty of opportunities.  Enough opportunities.  We can’t continue to give him the carries that we gave him in last years playoffs……until we get to the playoffs.  Once we get to the playoffs, it’ll be Josh, Josh and more Josh….but that can’t be the way all season.   It’ll be Halls or whoever our RB is’ job to get Josh through the regular season healthy by helping him move the chains and relieve him of some beating.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Even if we draft Breece Hall, Josh allen will get plenty of opportunities.  Enough opportunities.  We can’t continue to give him the carries that we gave him in last years playoffs……until we get to the playoffs.  Once we get to the playoffs, it’ll be Josh, Josh and more Josh….but that can’t be the way all season.   It’ll be Halls or whoever our RB is’ job to get Josh through the regular season healthy by helping him move the chains and relieve him of some beating.  

I am spoiled

I want Josh to throw it all over the field

Then I want to be able to choke the life out of other teams with our running game when we are up by 3 scores....i want to be able to run the ball in bad weather

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

But that wasn’t the case in the playoffs against KC for a good chunk of the game on crucial downs… I believe there were at least three 3rd and shorts where they either gave it to Singletary or McKenzie, were subsequently stopped for no gain, and then punted…. Anyway, think it’s a waste of a first rounder on a back but just my opinion that I’m sure will be proven right when Hall turns into an somewhat easily replaceable back in the NFL as just about all are.

A lot of the ineptitude was Daboll’s play calls on first down.  We ran stupid dive plays up the middle incessantly for no gain.  We played a ton of games with basically 3 downs because first down was thrown away.  

This issue was a combo of poor early down coaching, lack of good blocking and middling running backs.  I think the line is being addressed.  Daboll is gone so no idea what Dorsey will do, but we need to be in better positions after first and second down.  We also need a premier running back.  

19 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

But that wasn’t the case in the playoffs against KC for a good chunk of the game on crucial downs… I believe there were at least three 3rd and shorts where they either gave it to Singletary or McKenzie, were subsequently stopped for no gain, and then punted…. Anyway, think it’s a waste of a first rounder on a back but just my opinion that I’m sure will be proven right when Hall turns into an somewhat easily replaceable back in the NFL as just about all are.

He can’t be the only guy all game every game.  No player is.  Pat Mahomes won a SB and Damian Williams had a couple big plays.  If you expect every playoff game to be all josh and no RB ever, than you’ll be disappointed.  As usual.  

I feel that the only way to criticize the potential drafting of Breece hall is to classify it as bad value due to positional value.  

Saying that drafting a Rb is bad because we would use josh allen less is just lazy and false.  “Don’t upgrade because we have a great QB and wouldn’t use him as much”  weak.   A stud Rb would help us and our offense as long as Dorsey does a decent job.  

• Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This thread is wild. The for and against arguments have had me flip-flopping like crazy just lurking and watching lol. 

Ultimately I think that with Kromer back, hopefully coaching up a blocking scheme that will actually produce lanes + motor will be adequate. He's never going to be a "game-breaker" but that's why we stacked Josh with so many receiving tools.  We're just too thin at CB this year and have several key players coming up on contract years to spend the capital on a rb in round 1. 

I'll keep on lurking and undoubtedly change my mind 4 to 6 more times prior to our selection tomorrow night though

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

He can’t be the only guy all game every game.  No player is.  Pat Mahomes won a SB and Damian Williams had a couple big plays.  If you expect every playoff game to be all josh and no RB ever, than you’ll be disappointed.  As usual.  

I feel that the only way to criticize the potential drafting of Breece hall is to classify it as bad value due to positional value.  

Saying that drafting a Rb is bad because we would use josh allen less is just lazy and false.  “Don’t upgrade because we have a great QB and wouldn’t use him as much”  weak.   A stud Rb would help us and our offense as long as Dorsey does a decent job.  

Well, I'd use any combination of players and next year's draft capital to go get Jameson Williams. I think if we are reticent, someone like KC will swoop in and everyone is going to regret it for years. Among other things, I do not want to hear the media crowd gushing about the next Tyreek Hill and Mahomes. Give me Williams and Kenneth Walker @57, then go db and oline, sign a vet cb or trade for Bradberry, hopefully with some salary retained. IF we stick at 25, Hall may be the option that is most appealing. I sure as hell don't want that cb, Elam, and I'm starting to think there are more medical issues with Booth that are causing him to drop. (Alternative: include Poyer as part of compensation to move up for Williams, still trade for Bradberry. Poyer's salary helps offset Bradberry's -- then draft Cine in the second, James Cook in the third. (Yes, UGA bias, but it was a stacked team.) But then again, I still think you could trade back a bit and grab Hall.

Pretty sure the draft needs to hurry up and happen so I can retain a semblance of sanity and get on with life . . . 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I have a few players that I won’t mind if they are the choice. Jameson, sauce and Stingley are players I would trade up for if it made sense. If Booth, Kyler, Zion, Dotson are the picks so be it. I would like Hall, but the others are great players. I wouldn’t even be mad if we took the DT from Georgia . 

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

You sound like you think Hall is the next Adrian Peterson or OJ Simpson. There is a reason why Hall isn't even considered a 1st round pick. Sure he could be a nice pro runner but let's keep it in the right perspective. One scouting report states some concerns such as he runs high, not a one cut and go guy, limited zone scheme runner, and takes too long to get vertical. The guy is anything but a lock. The guy doesn't automatically equate to a home run hitter in the pros. I'd be happy trading down and getying him in the 40s because it's worth the risk. At 25, that's too rich when he almost certainly will be on the board at 35 plus. 

I believe that Buddy Nix thought the same thing about Russell Wilson before the third round of the 2012 draft.

52 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

No idea how “a bit of ground and pound” is the solution to our offensive woes with Josh Allen as the QB…. Amazing that some fans have concluded that taking the ball out of Josh’s hands MORE  should be the plan going forward and they need to spend a 1st round pick on a guy to do that. 😅

I don't think anybody is advocating this.  I think that posters pushing for Hall believe that a better run game gives the Bills a more diverse offense which makes it harder for defenses to stop and that Hall makes the run game better.   I happen to share the belief that the Bills need a better run game, so I'm good with the Bills taking Hall at #25 but I would prefer them to take one of the top centers -- Zion Johnson or Tyler Linderbaum -- because that would also improve the run game by improving the OL IMO.

A better run game, whether it's achieved by adding a faster RB or by adding a stud on the interior OL, is the best way to protect Allen.  He should not be expected to have more than 1 or 2 designed run plays a game.   If the Bills RBs can run for 3 yards or so pretty much whenever they want to, especially in the Red Zone, that takes the pressure off Allen to run.  They couldn't do that last season without Allen running, and that needs to change.  It's playing Russian roulette.

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

I have a few players that I won’t mind if they are the choice. Jameson, sauce and Stingley are players I would trade up for if it made sense. If Booth, Kyler, Zion, Dotson are the picks so be it. I would like Hall, but the others are great players. I wouldn’t even be mad if we took the DT from Georgia . 

Jordan Davis is going way earlier than folks think. He's not getting close to 25.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

I mean if we trade up. I’m not going to be mad. 

Oh, well, I am Dawgs fan, love Davis, but that is not good asset management, imo. I would trade up for Jameson Williams, Sause or Stingley. DT you really shouldn't.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

So if Hall pans out to be a mix of Breida and Moss v2.0 wouldn't this be a bad look for picking a 1st rounder. Would be suprised if Beane went that route considering how bad bills have been with their RB's in general and the OL problems they've had

If the Bills were picking in the top 20, I’d be more against Hall. However depending on how the board falls when the Bills pick I think he’s certainly in consideration along with CB, WR and OL. Drafting in the later round makes it a lot more difficult to be truly upset on who they draft. Beane and the staff has earned our trust. If it’s Hall so be it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1