Buffalo Bills are reportedly interested in DE Chandler Jones

BuffaloBills1998

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I’m a Bills fan, I am ok being disappointed 

How are you ok with being disappointed? How can you invest so much of your time and possibly money (merch, tickets, tv package). The only thing that keeps me going as a football fan is the prospect of bringing home a super bowl. That’s why we play the game. 

2 hours ago, Process said:

Yea... Hinting he's going to Denver 😬

Benjamin Allbright has been wrong more often than he's right. I'm not *expecting* Chandler Jones - but Allbright saying something is or isn't going to happen is meaningless to me.

I'd also add two things

1.) He's a Broncos reporter who seems to be hoping Jones is coming replying to a Bills reporter who seems to be hoping Jones is coming. So it might just be playful banter.

2.) If Jones does go to Denver, they aren't getting the Von Miller reunion like has been long suspected. And if Buffalo was going to pay for Chandler Jones, I'd imagine they'd be interested in paying for Von Miller as well.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Beane created this problem, so he has to fix it by either drafting better talent, or cutting other players to make room. 

Yeah, Beane created the "problem" of bringing in probably the best roster in the league last year and certainly top three.

He does certainly need to continue trying to maximize the roster, as does every GM in history.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

He’s currently got a salary that could be better utilized elsewhere. No Edmunds hate here, that’s just reality. Take your blinders off.

It’s what Brady did for years, he was never the highest paid QB in the league as far as I know.

It’s one of the reasons he has the rings that he does. Hopefully Josh understands this when he realizes this his talents alone can’t win championships. 

11 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, Beane created the "problem" of bringing in probably the best roster in the league last year and certainly top three.

He does certainly need to continue trying to maximize the roster, as does every GM in history.

Top three isn’t good enough. Beane needs to put together a rooster than brings home Lombardis. 

• Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Sign Chandler Jones

trade 1st rd pk to panthers for McCaffrey

2nd rd pick draft OL

3rd rd pick draft CB

Super Bowl

Why do people want to trade for McCaffrey?  He’s missed huge chunks of the last 2 seasons, playing in only 10 of a possible 33 games.   Until he shows durability again, I’d stay away from him.

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

How are you ok with being disappointed? How can you invest so much of your time and possibly money (merch, tickets, tv package). The only thing that keeps me going as a football fan is the prospect of bringing home a super bowl. That’s why we play the game. 

I was kidding

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I really want to hear / read the story how a Rochester family decided to name their child after famous Bills players. 🤔

Bobby  CHANDLER

Robert JAMES

Henry  JONES

Little Preston Ridelhuber gets beat up in school though..

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillsDude said:

If you want to see where in general Chandler Jones wants to play, click below. 

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/chandler-jones-says-future-will-be-determined-by-who-maximizes-chandler-jones

8 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

It seems everyone is ignoring this fairly telling piece.

Jones has repeatedly said he wants to play in a scheme appropriate to his skills.

This means Bills fans should be asking what scheme(s) he ideally fits in and which scheme(s) he doesn't. Some clues would be who drafted him? What scheme did they run? What did the Cards play last year and did he seem happy in it?

To oversimplify it, is he a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE???

What do the Bills run???

8 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

Alexander worked out fine.

You missed the point.

What does Lorenzo Alexander "working out fine" have to do with Chandler Jones stating that scheme fit is important to him?

3 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Top three isn’t good enough. Beane needs to put together a rooster than brings home Lombardis. 

So if the Bills did not “doh” the last 13 seconds … clearly not Beane’s fault then  the Bills would have been heavy favorites over the Bengals (because at home and better roster). Then in the Super Bowl they would have been favored over the Rams ( better roster).  Those are facts. So Beane built a roster capable of winning the Super Bowl. Going into this season the Bills are the favorites to win the Super Bowl by the guys in Vegas who get paid to assess these things. This does not happen if you have a roster that can’t win the Super Bowl. Beane has positioned them well .. now if they can keep injuries down and avoid stupid mistakes they wil be there in the end.. whether they win .. there are a lot of factors

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

It seems everyone is ignoring this fairly telling piece.

Jones has repeatedly said he wants to play in a scheme appropriate to his skills.

This means Bills fans should be asking what scheme(s) he ideally fits in and which scheme(s) he doesn't. Some clues would be who drafted him? What scheme did they run? What did the Cards play last year and did he seem happy in it?

To oversimplify it, is he a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE???

What do the Bills run???

Yeah I agree with this. Here is what he said in the article:

"To be completely honest, it's not about money at all," Jones said. "Where I am in my career, I've gotten contracts, I've gotten the Super Bowl, but I think scheme is huge. Or for me, winning more championships. I'll say it again, it's not about money. I will say I want to go to a place that maximizes my talents. There have been times in my career where I'd say I caught myself out of position. I do take the blame, but at the same time it's like, 'Hey, should I have been doing that?' I have enough comfort where I am in my career and this age to say that.
Where does Chandler Jones become Chandler Jones? Where can he maximize his talent? I think there were a few times you saw it this season, where you were like, who is this guy? Week 1, five sacks ... so you see flashes of it, and I'm pretty sure there were times where people said, 'Why did it disappear, where is it going?' Not to put it on just the game plan -- I'm sure there were a lot of different things that goes into it. But again, going into free agency, what team maximizes Chandler Jones' talents?"

To me that means he wants to play in a 4-3 and he just wants to pin his ears back and rush the passer. That implies that the team unleashed him week 1 and then asked him to do things like play coverage in subsequent weeks. I have always thought he was more of a 4-3 end but spent a lot of time in NE and Arizona in a 3-4. If you watch the highlights from that week 1 game, he has his hand in the ground rushing the passer. He is talking about being out of position and wondering why the team is asking him to do those things. He wants to rush the passer. We are a perfect fit. That’s my 2 cents. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, fasteddie said:

He's actually from the Binghamton area. Union-Endicott High School. 

One of the best wrestling programs in the state when I was in HS 02-06. Looking back no wonder, Jon bones Jones, and I'd have to assume Chandler wrestled too.

Wrestling is so good for these guys development of grit and leverage! Nice lil side angle with mcd as our coach too

4 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Nonsense! Top three is plenty good enough to win it all.

The Rams weren't top three. They were probably on the bubble of the top seven.

And again, as I said but you left out, the Bills were probably the single best roster.

Beane has to put together a roster that makes them competitive consistently. If he does that, they'll win at some point and probably pretty soon. Losing last year was absolutely not Beane's fault. He's been terrific.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

He’s currently got a salary that could be better utilized elsewhere. No Edmunds hate here, that’s just reality. Take your blinders off.

If irrationality weren't a factor, you'd be capable of seeing that what you have there isn't "just reality." And not an especially believable opinion.

This questionable opinion you have is directly opposed to our GM, and yet you still are so absolutely convinced that you're right and he's wrong that you bring in the always dumb "blinders" thing.

They made  him captain. Three years running. They say they love him. They guarantee him $12.3M by picking up the option. They have a really good defense three years running with him at MLB. This week Beane says that Edmunds is "definitely" a "long-term building block moving forward" for this team. They have more information than you do about what he's worth to this team by a factor of probably hundreds.

And yet you know more than them. Sorry, man, the idea that it's "just reality" is untrue on the face of it. It's an opinion. One that is directly opposed by the people who know best.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not a surprise, I think he is going to target coming here too, so might get him at a bargain price potentially too.

Yeah, not a surprise. Guys are going to be interested in coming here.

Jones would probably fit well here. If he does give us a bargain price, that'd definitely improve the probability of it happening

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

He has built a roster that can bring home Lombardi’s lol.  There isn’t only one team and roster per year that’s good enough to win it.  The Bills along with about 5 other teams have Super Bowl rosters.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This signing makes too much sense to me. I also wouldn't mind a cheap re-signing of Shaq Lawson. Our DE's would then be Jones, Rousseau, Expensesa, Lawson, and Basham. That's a solid group. Go out and draft a Jordan Davis (R1) or Travis Jones (R2), then take a guy like Logan Hall in the 5th. This defensive line will be hard to handle the next 2 or 3 years.  

• Like (+1) 1