Chiefs OC Eric Bienemy getting 2nd interview with Saints..

Big Turk

38 minutes ago, Wizard said:

I know it sounds far-fetched, but the Bills should consider hiring Flores as Defensive Coordinator and move Frazier to asst. head coach.

4 reasons why

1. He knows the Patriots and Miami as well as anyone. Have to win the division first.

2. Maybe under McDermott's scheme he can add a little more to the aggressiveness of the defense. Even though he was not the architect, he has coached players in multiple Super Bowls and Conference championships

3. He does have a lot of experience, and I was surprised he was not kept by Miami. Make it a one year deal with an agreed option that he will be looking at HC gigs the following year.

4. He would be goung to a winning organization and stick it back to Miami. Frazier probably won't coach much longer, but the Bills can make him an asst. head coach for two years and then Frazier will either probably retire or maybe look at another opportunity after we win the Super Bowl when his stock is no longer in the toilet.

The bonus of course is this will look really good for the league. 

He played well against the Pats. The Bills owned him. He’s only ever been a position coach not a DC… then rocketed up to HC via his good work and BB reference. The same BB he just back stabbed; immediately after he back stabbed his owner (who is an idiot but did give a 37 year old position coach the job). 
Can’t get along with GM, QB, and didn’t communicate to his coaches since Thanksgiving. 
Not sure 🤔 how this benefits the Bills? Seems Flores is in to Flores, not a process guy💯😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Wizard said:

I know it sounds far-fetched, but the Bills should consider hiring Flores as Defensive Coordinator and move Frazier to asst. head coach.

4 reasons why

1. He knows the Patriots and Miami as well as anyone. Have to win the division first.

2. Maybe under McDermott's scheme he can add a little more to the aggressiveness of the defense. Even though he was not the architect, he has coached players in multiple Super Bowls and Conference championships

3. He does have a lot of experience, and I was surprised he was not kept by Miami. Make it a one year deal with an agreed option that he will be looking at HC gigs the following year.

4. He would be goung to a winning organization and stick it back to Miami. Frazier probably won't coach much longer, but the Bills can make him an asst. head coach for two years and then Frazier will either probably retire or maybe look at another opportunity after we win the Super Bowl when his stock is no longer in the toilet.

Great suggestion ,  the problem is McDermott seems to have people he can control and Flores is not a yes man or puppet.  Like why would McDermott hire an assistant offensive line coach when there were some great offensive coaches available? The Vikings gave up more sacks then anyone in the league and he hires there assistant offensive line coach.  

• Haha (+1) 1

One of my theories on why EB never gets a chance is a bias against former RB’s.

I think there is a view that the RB position is not a “smart” Position— ie, running backs rely on their athleticism. Contrast that with the QB position, and the view is that former QB’s really know the X’s and O’s. Same with former DB’s— they seem to be viewed as the brains behind the defense.

if you think about it, what head coaches were former running backs? The only guy I can think of is Dan Reeves. 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I know he doesn't call the plays under Reid but he has been instrumental in their offense over the years and that would definitely hurt them so I hope he gets it...

He has had a dozen interviews over the years and never received an offer...I know they talk about racism and this that and the other, but when do we just say that maybe he is a terrible interview?

That has been rumored. 

I think his youthful indiscretions (some of which are no worse than hundreds of young players over the years, a couple of which are troubling) that gave him a rap sheet may be problematic - but perhaps less so for the "Bountygate" Greggo Williams team?

11 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Great suggestion ,  the problem is McDermott seems to have people he can control and Flores is not a yes man or puppet.  Like why would McDermott hire an assistant offensive line coach when there were some great offensive coaches available? The Vikings gave up more sacks then anyone in the league and he hires there assistant offensive line coach.  

Where have the Bills hired an assistant offensive line coach?  First off, Phil Raucher was the Vikes OL coach last season, promoted from assistant.  Second, while the Vikes ESPN reporter reported that he'd been hired, this was quickly contradicted by Tom Pelissero and other Bills reporters such as Sal Capaccio, who said that while he was interviewed, no hiring decision has been made.

Last, Fact: the Vikings gave up 30 sacks, 5th best in the league last year and 3 more than the Bills.  The Bears gave up the most sacks in the league last year, followed by the Ravens then the Bengals, Jets, and Panthers.

You need a bit more attention to facts for people to pay heed to your theories about McDermott's alleged need for people he can control.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Wizard said:

4 reasons why

4. He would be going to a winning organization and stick it to Miami. Frazier probably won't coach much longer, but the Bills can make him an asst. head coach for two years.  Frazier will either probably retire or maybe look at another opportunity after we win the Super Bowl.

The Bills have scored 31, 37, 31, 56, 35 and 26 points against the Fins with Flores as their coach and defacto DC. Why would you think this is a good idea?

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I know he doesn't call the plays under Reid but he has been instrumental in their offense over the years and that would definitely hurt them so I hope he gets it...

How has he been 'instrumental'? Kafka developed the weekly game plan and Reid called plays so if you're know something no one else outside the Chiefs seems to know.. could you tell what, exactly, he does?

4 minutes ago, Malazan said:

How has he been 'instrumental'? Kafka developed the weekly game plan and Reid called plays so if you're know something no one else outside the Chiefs seems to know.. could you tell what, exactly, he does?

I've seen this about Kafka elsewhere (maybe from you).  Can you explain how you know this?  I'm not challenging your information, would just like to understand its source.  Thanks.

11 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

the rap sheet makes it difficult to move him up to HC.  Paid his price?  Doesn't matter, confidence matters, and the rap sheet doesn't inspire confidence.  (and it looks bad)

Bull.

Look at the rap sheets and misgivings of a great many owners in the NFL. That's ok though. Kraft, Snyder, Irsay, and the list can go on and on. 

Then look at the players in the NFL. Hunt, Mixon, Hill, Clark, Mike freaking Vick and again...list could go on and on.

Holding Bieniemy hostage over his own past is hypocritical, lazy group thinking and a huge cop out. 

The NFL obviously has no issue having him as an employee. The NFL endorses him year after year as a "recommended candidate" in their Coaching lists they send to all 32 teams. His past is in over argued excuse used by people that can't give a football reason why he isn't hired yet.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Having to explain with the media and the fan base why they are hiring a past criminal to lead their ball team... that baggage. Its not rocket science to know if they hire him they will need to clear hurdles

Yes, would be really hard for an owner (you know...a colleague of Dan Snyder and Robert Kraft) to explain why they hired asomeone to coach a player (you know, like Kareem Hunt) with a prior history of criminal behavior. 

Only boy scouts and choir boys allowed in the NFL from here on out

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I've seen this about Kafka elsewhere (maybe from you).  Can you explain how you know this?  I'm not challenging your information, would just like to understand its source.  Thanks.

I came across it on Chiefs Planet, but Kafka did an interview with Chris Vassuer and talked about his responsibilities with the Chiefs and he said that he breaks down the opponent and installs the plays they want to use for that opponent each week. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Malazan said:

I came across it on Chiefs Planet, but Kafka did an interview with Chris Vassuer and talked about his responsibilities with the Chiefs and he said that he breaks down the opponent and installs the plays they want to use for that opponent each week. 

So if Kafka breaks down the opponent and installs the plays, and Reid calls the plays on game day, what does Bieniemy do?

I'm not trying to be snarky here, just trying to understand.

52 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

Oh here we go with with Eric Bienemy again… I think if he was gonna be a head coach he would have already been one by now… Saints are prolly just trying to satisfy the stupid Rooney rule… I don’t think it’s right wasting people’s time for an interview when they have no intentions on even hiring them in the first place… I guess I understand where Flores is coming from and why he’s doing what he’s doing…

Geesh, if you're gonna put this stuff out there, at least take 2 seconds to Google.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/02/2022-nfl-head-coaching-search-tracker

New Orleans Saints

Dennis Allen, defensive coordinator (Saints): Interviewed 2/3

Eric Bieniemy, offensive coordinator (Chiefs): To interview 2/6

Brian Flores, former head coach (Dolphins): Interviewed 2/1

Aaron Glenn, defensive coordinator (Lions): Interviewed 2/2

Byron Leftwich, offensive coordinator (Buccaneers): Interview requested

Doug Pederson, former head coach (Eagles): Interviewed 1/30

Darren Rizzi, special teams coordinator (Saints): To interview

The Saints have interviewed Brian Flores, Aaron Glenn, and requested an interview with Byron Leftwich.  They've more than satisfied the Rooney rule. 

Unless you attend the Brian Flores School of "If there's a frontrunner going into a 5-man schedule of in-person interviews, It's A Sham!!!!" the simplest conclusion is if the Saints want a 2nd interview with Bieniemy, it's because they're seriously considering him.

8 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Can't imagine any coach wanting the saints job. Their cap situation is crazy. 

It is crazy, but the Saints have had crazy cap situations before and maybe had a rough couple years then pulled it all together.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.