Trubisky -- where does he end up?

dave mcbride

7 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I actually disagree. Mapletron, Diontae and JuJu are not trash at all. Ben was a noodle armed QB for 2 seasons with those three and they produced. JuJu is a bit of an internet diva and Claypool needs Hines Ward to smack him hard in the face and show him what being a pro looks like, but the talent is there.

Diontae couldn’t catch a cold, Maple syrup hasn’t done anything and JuJu is a #2 playing as a #1.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I believe they are referring to currently, not last year 

Not sure what these execs have learned about Trubisky based on 2021 that would have them conclude that. He didn't exactly fluff up his resume this year. 

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It's best that he didn't show them more, lol.

23 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not sure what these execs have learned about Trubisky based on 2021 that would have them conclude that. He didn't exactly fluff up his resume this year. 

He looked pretty damn good in the PS this year. More confident and decisive, he will get a good offer to start somewhere and he should. Nagy was a far bigger problem than Mitchell

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

The few times he was able to finish out games he did great and took advantage of those opportunities. I assume that's part of reason some GM's/FO's etc may consider taking a chance on him believing he has learned and improved during his time with Bills and think he can do well if having a decent surrounding cast similar to what Bills have.

7 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Diontae couldn’t catch a cold, Maple syrup hasn’t done anything and JuJu is a #2 playing as a #1.

Diontae is the number 1 - 63.3% of targets, 169 targets for 107/1161/8.  Short aDOT but thats to be expected with Ben at QB.  He had 5 drops in 2021 after 13 in 2020.  

Diggs caught 62.8% of targets 164 targets for 103/1225/10.  His aDOT was 11.1 after 10.1 in 2020.  Diggs also had 5 drops after 8 in 2020.  

My guess is the Giants.  Daboll request and give him a fat guarantee - then decline jones option and move him to someone like pittsburgh, washington, or TB.  

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

He looked pretty damn good in the PS this year. More confident and decisive, he will get a good offer to start somewhere and he should. Nagy was a far bigger problem than Mitchell

really?--big deal.   So did Nate Peterman.

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

really?--big deal.   So did Nate Peterman.

True, but slight difference lol...and I'm not advocating for any PS performance by any means, imo the few games he came in relief he was great. One he got close to entire 4th quarter if I'm not mistaken. 

Anyways, I think it's possible teams look at him as learning more and performed well in Bills offense. Also had better players around him helped too. He didn't have all that much with Bears

On 2/2/2022 at 12:01 PM, BuffaloRebound said:

Giants.  Jones needs some competition.  Not buying all the fluff Schoen and Daboll are saying about Jones.  They’re not handing him the job, but doubt they draft a 1st round QB.  Trubisky would make sense there.  

Seems likely due to the Daboll connection 

Edited by Georgie
Spelling

6 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

True, but slight difference lol...and I'm not advocating for any PS performance by any means, imo the few games he came in relief he was great. One he got close to entire 4th quarter if I'm not mistaken. 

Anyways, I think it's possible teams look at him as learning more and performed well in Bills offense. Also had better players around him helped too. He didn't have all that much with Bears

There were several games the Bills had well in hand in the 4th Q--and McD would not pull Josh for Trubisky.  When he did, other than to take a knee, he looked  like not much.  Hard to say he performed well....or much at all this season, for anyone outside of the organization to form a new opinion about this guy.  He threw 8 passes for 43 yards--one of them was intercepted.

No one cares about PS, much less 1 Quarter of play in 1 of those games.  

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

There were several games the Bills had well in hand in the 4th Q--and McD would not pull Josh for Trubisky.  When he did, other than to take a knee, he looked rough.  Hard to say he performed well....or much at all this season, for anyone outside of the organization to form a new opinion about this guy.  

No one cares about PS, much less 1 Quarter of play in 1 of those games.  

I thought there was 1 particular game that was well in hand that Mitch came in with over half the quarter left? Anyway, I'm just saying that maybe that has a little to do with why some of these teams believe he did well here and considered a starter. 

I mean surely they aren't going off his work with last season as Bears QB. If they think he's improved now then it has to be from his season with Bills

3 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I thought there was 1 particular game that was well in hand that Mitch came in with over half the quarter left? Anyway, I'm just saying that maybe that has a little to do with why some of these teams believe he did well here and considered a starter. 

I mean surely they aren't going off his work with last season as Bears QB. If they think he's improved now then it has to be from his season with Bills

That's my point--no idea what they are basing that on.  He was nonexistent this season.

Maybe you are thinking of the Bills blowout loss to the Colts, where, after scoring a meaningless 4th Q TD early in the 4th, Allen sat down and Trusbisky played the rest of the Q.  He completed 3 short passes (on a 14 yard drive), then tossed the INT that allowed the Colts to run out the clock. 

Possibly it was the blowout of Houston where McD would not put him until the Bills were up 33-0 with 8 min left.  He completed a pass and ran in for a 4 yard TD.

That makes him an attractive starter somewhere else?

43 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's my point--no idea what they are basing that on.  He was nonexistent this season.

Maybe you are thinking of the Bills blowout loss to the Colts, where, after scoring a meaningless 4th Q TD early in the 4th, Allen sat down and Trusbisky played the rest of the Q.  He completed 3 short passes (on a 14 yard drive), then tossed the INT that allowed the Colts to run out the clock. 

Possibly it was the blowout of Houston where McD would not put him until the Bills were up 33-0 with 8 min left.  He completed a pass and ran in for a 4 yard TD.

I mean according to what that particular person reported it seems that way...Lol, but you know how that goes, they say anything at times...

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not sure either but that’s what they are saying. His value rose by not playing for the Bears. And also alluding to what Nagy showed them this past year, apparently, makes it look like he ruined Trubisky and maybe he’s salvageable now that he’s out from under him. Imo the main thing is it’s a poor draft if you need a starter. He’s all of a sudden looking like an option whereas last year he was on the scrap heap. Like Namath said, “it’s 2am, Miss America’s not walking in that door”

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

I think that it is more a result of Nagy’s further indictment.  Some GM is going to talk himself into believing that Mitch was a victim in Chicago and all he needs is a good coach and solid team around him.  And who knows?  Maybe they’d be right.  I wouldn’t stake my career on it, but they probably won’t have to either.  He’s a perfect candidate for a 3 or 4 year deal that is really a reasonable (by NFL QB standards) one year deal with performance bonuses and an option for the rest at starting QB rates. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not sure either but that’s what they are saying. His value rose by not playing for the Bears. And also alluding to what Nagy showed them this past year, apparently, makes it look like he ruined Trubisky and maybe he’s salvageable now that he’s out from under him. Imo the main thing is it’s a poor draft if you need a starter. He’s all of a sudden looking like an option whereas last year he was on the scrap heap. Like Namath said, “it’s 2am, Miss America’s not walking in that door”

...or the Bills.  

He should maximize his value in the NFL by never taking another snap!

43 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I think that it is more a result of Nagy’s further indictment.  Some GM is going to talk himself into believing that Mitch was a victim in Chicago and all he needs is a good coach and solid team around him.  And who knows?  Maybe they’d be right.  I wouldn’t stake my career on it, but they probably won’t have to either.  He’s a perfect candidate for a 3 or 4 year deal that is really a reasonable (by NFL QB standards) one year deal with performance bonuses and an option for the rest at starting QB rates. 

I get it, Nagy is a bum (although not sure what he's supposed to do with Justin Fields).  And with the NFL wheeling out scrubs like Cam Newton, Teddy Bridgewater, Brissett, Heinicke, Glennon, Siemian, etc---sure a lot of people might think Trubisky could certainly fall into that kind of "starter" group.

Edited by Mr. WEO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.