Trubisky -- where does he end up?

dave mcbride

I strongly believe he'll be moving on, and I've thought about the best position for him to land. He is not a franchise QB like Allen, but he's legitimately decent, has won in this league, and has all of the tools. If I'm Pittsburgh, which has no credible QB, I'm targeting him hard. In my view, his best career trajectory comp is Tannehill. Tannehill is not elite, but he's good and can help get to 11 wins and maybe a SB if the stars align. Pittsburgh has most of the other pieces outside of QB. Pittsburgh would be legit playoff contender with him. They are not a playoff contender with their current stable of quarterbacks. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I strongly believe he'll be moving on, and I've thought about the best position for him to land. He is not a franchise QB like Allen, but he's legitimately decent, has won in this league, and has all of the tools. If I'm Pittsburgh, which has no credible QB, I'm targeting him hard. In my view, his best career trajectory comp is Tannehill. Tannehill is not elite, but he's good and can help get to 11 wins and maybe a SB if the stars align. Pittsburgh has most of the other pieces outside of QB. Pittsburgh would be legit playoff contender with him. They are not a playoff contender with their current stable of quarterbacks. 

Colts, Giants, Pitt or Houston IMHO.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

Giants.  Jones needs some competition.  Not buying all the fluff Schoen and Daboll are saying about Jones.  They’re not handing him the job, but doubt they draft a 1st round QB.  Trubisky would make sense there.  

I truly believe the Giants are committed to Jones for this season. Every report I've read is that Giants management across the board loves Jones and think his talent has been wasted. Assuming Trubisky is a competitor, he's going to where he will be the starter. Pittsburgh is the most stable organization in the league and hasn't had a losing season in forever. The receivers are good. The RB is good. The defense is generally good (albeit with some holes). It makes the most sense to me. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Colts, Giants, Pitt or Houston IMHO.  

I truly don't see the Giants. They are committed to Jones. Houston's QB may well be the second best QB from last year's draft after Lawrence. Mills was the number one recruit in the country coming out of HS, after all.  Maybe Indy, but Pitt makes a little more sense to me. I don't like Wentz, but he's a legit NFL starter. Pittsburgh doesn't have a starter at present. Nothing even close, actually. Rudolph is bad. 

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Tompa Bay?

Could be. Seems like a chaotic situation down there now, however.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Pitt, Tampa, NOLA, Miami?

I wouldn't want to follow Brady. I think NOLA is in bad shape or Payton would not have bailed. Miami is going to be fun after this offseason. Pittsburgh makes the most sense to me, though I'm hoping somehow we retain him (unlikely.)

• Agree 2

I agree that Trubisky won’t be back in Buffalo.  There are at least four teams who can offer him a legitimate shot at winning the starting job, which is what he says he wants.

I think the bigger question is who the Bills will bring in to be Josh’s backup.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 8

He has options. He's kind like that girl back in High School that was attractive, but not in a splashy way. The further distance and time you move away from her, the more attractive she becomes in your mind.

Some team will give him another chance. And I hope he gets to the right place where he can be the most successful--unless he is playing the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, eball said:

I agree that Trubisky won’t be back in Buffalo.  There are at least four teams who can offer him a legitimate shot at winning the starting job, which is what he says he wants.

I think the bigger question is who the Bills will bring in to be Josh’s backup.

Image-1.jpg

• Like (+1) 8

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.