Trubisky -- where does he end up?

dave mcbride

42 minutes ago, The Red King said:

If Mitch is going to be a backup, why not stay here where he's got it good?  I'd have to think, if I'm him, I'd only go where I was assured a starter spot.

Money and a chance to play. He may not be assured a starter spot  in NYG for example but he has a much better chance to play there than here. Plus bills won’t pay him near what these other teams will 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Money and a chance to play. He may not be assured a starter spot  in NYG for example but he has a much better chance to play there than here. Plus bills won’t pay him near what these other teams will 

He’s definitely not going to play on a team where the starting quarterback is paid close to $40million annually. That leaves him with teams with middling  quarterbacks, such as Pittsburgh, and teams with rookie qb contracts, such as New York. I think everybody should fully expect him to sign in New York.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

Colts.  They have the most need and cap space.

May not be who why wanted in the beginning, but I believe it’s who they end up with.  Not much out there at this point and he has shown he can play.  A year in our system may have boosted him.  Unless they figure a way to get Jimmy G. The Two thirds they got for wentz doesn’t do it.

Edited by davefan66

On 3/9/2022 at 5:44 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think this is  a prediction based on "the coach worked with this QB last year" more than "this is a move that makes sense for either side"

FWIW:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-mitchell-trubisky-qb-competition-notebook-20220309-es4qwcbacbgibdgckli53uyh64-story.html

Mitchell Trubisky’s name increasingly is being connected to the Giants.

And it isn’t exactly clear why.

Trubisky, 27, the Chicago Bears’ former No. 2 overall pick, backed up Josh Allen with the Buffalo Bills last season. So Giants GM Joe Schoen and head coach Brian Daboll know him, and Trubisky knows Daboll’s offense.

But Trubisky coming to New York doesn’t make much sense for either side.

The quarterback should have better chances at starting and getting paid well in a thin quarterback market, where the Colts, Seahawks, Panthers, Steelers, Saints and Buccaneers are all in need.

Seahawks QB 2022: Ranking all draft, trade, free agency and already rostered options for Seattle

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/seahawks-qb-2022-ranking-all-draft-trade-free-agency-and-already-rostered-options-for-seattle/

#1 Mitchell Trubisky

Trubisky is hoping to earn a starting job in 2022 after spending the 2021 season as Josh Allen's backup in Buffalo. The second overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, Trubisky went 29-21 as the Bears' starting quarterback during the regular season. His best season took place in 2018, when he earned Pro Bowl honors while helping lead Chicago to a division title.  

Trubisky wasn't able to duplicate that success during his final two years in Chicago. But he still had a starting record (14-10) as a starter while while throwing 33 touchdowns and 18 interceptions over that span. Trubisky is also mobile enough to make plays with his legs, as evidenced by his 5.6 yards per carry average during his time in Chicago. 

He's the best-available QB for teams needing a starter, outside of Watson who will require tons of picks and/or players.  I think Watson ends up in Seattle leaving the Steelers, Saints, Colts, Lions, Panthers and Bucs vying for him, maybe the Giants if reports are true, pushing his price range up and up.  The draft isn't looking very promising for a franchise QB, which helps him a lot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.