Trubisky -- where does he end up?

dave mcbride

Carolina

Denver

NYG

Tampa

Pittsburgh

Colts

These are all teams that i think will at least be giving him a look he wasn't able to get on the field much this year but given what these teams have in the pipe line i'd say he's worth a look .

I'd also say NO but they are going to be in cap hell so i'm not sure he would want to go to a place that will be in a total fire sale/ rebuilding mode & if he can't find a place where he feels is a good fit there is always the possibility he comes back to the Bills but i think that's a long shot .

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 3:19 PM, dave mcbride said:

The thing, though, is that this is a bad draft for QBs, Pitt drafts late, and their quarterbacks are terrible. Pitt may look for better, and they should, but meanwhile they need to win next season. Don't think Tomlin isn't aware of the fact that he's never had a losing season. If Mason Rudolph is his QB, he'll probably have one.

Ahh, I remember the days of needing a QB desperately and reaching for one in a QB-poor draft.

Good times.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I just hope the bills dont sit on this waiting to see if Mitch is going to come back.....

He is probably leaving.....but offer him the backup contract anyway...with a time limit

I'm sure the Bills already have a plan in place to address backup QB because even if they draft another QB this year in the mid/late rounds there's no way they are going into the season without another viable veteran option.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'm sure the Bills already have a plan in place to address backup QB because even if they draft another QB this year in the mid/late rounds there's no way they are going into the season without another viable veteran option.

I am just trying to understand why they would waste a draft pick on a QB

Just get a vet....there are plenty of them out there

Use that pick on a punter....which we seem to have a hard time finding nowadays

• Like (+1) 1

If he is lucky he lands with the Steelers, financially he will be doing Fing great wherever he lands as a starter. He is a comp pick in the making, 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

On 2/3/2022 at 11:06 AM, T master said:

Carolina

Denver

NYG

Tampa

Pittsburgh

Colts

These are all teams that i think will at least be giving him a look he wasn't able to get on the field much this year but given what these teams have in the pipe line i'd say he's worth a look .

I'd also say NO but they are going to be in cap hell so i'm not sure he would want to go to a place that will be in a total fire sale/ rebuilding mode & if he can't find a place where he feels is a good fit there is always the possibility he comes back to the Bills but i think that's a long shot .

I'm hoping Pittsburgh since they feel.need someone because of  Burrow, Lamar and Baker in the division and without BIG Ben on the books can give him money to start which alot us a 3rd round pick if we lose him.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/2/2022 at 12:05 PM, dave mcbride said:

I truly believe the Giants are committed to Jones for this season. Every report I've read is that Giants management across the board loves Jones and think his talent has been wasted. Assuming Trubisky is a competitor, he's going to where he will be the starter. Pittsburgh is the most stable organization in the league and hasn't had a losing season in forever. The receivers are good. The RB is good. The defense is generally good (albeit with some holes). It makes the most sense to me. 

Pitts receivers are pure garbage.  Their stud RB couldn’t average 4ypc, but the team sucked so much he got more touches than D Henry in most years.  Any (de)illusions that Pitt has a team a QB should want to play is from somebody that didn’t watch them.

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Pitts receivers are pure garbage.  Their stud RB couldn’t average 4ypc, but the team sucked so much he got more touches than D Henry in most years.  Any (de)illusions that Pitt has a team a QB should want to play is from somebody that didn’t watch them.

I actually disagree. Mapletron, Diontae and JuJu are not trash at all. Ben was a noodle armed QB for 2 seasons with those three and they produced. JuJu is a bit of an internet diva and Claypool needs Hines Ward to smack him hard in the face and show him what being a pro looks like, but the talent is there.

Real talk, there are a lot of vet QBs that are FA this year and all of them are equal to or have better numbers than MT.  He’d be stupid to go to NY to back up Jones who they are going to give the job to.  Pitt is a ***** show and agin, not going to get paid there, the WRs suck, don’t care what the national media thinks.  He’s gonna end up a back up or a place holder unless something changes. His best bet is here, Tampa, Indy, Washington.  Most likely, Tampa will go all in for a real QB again, Indy is appealing, but should go for Mariota or Winston, Washington looks appealing if they don’t go w the incumbent, either way, place holder scenario.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.