*Approved* Information only and Spotify fallout

Joe Rogan is literally just a jock - in a previous epoch he may have been a warrior - who decided he wanted to hear about intellectual things instead of just smoking weed with other comedians on his podcast.  "You, sit, tell Joe what make sun go up in day and stars go up in night." And then just repeat for three hours. He'd believe pretty much whatever the people tell him up until a few years ago when he started to push back on things like diet and health.

He's not an authority, and nobody views him that way. Literally the only reason to push against him having a platform is a disgraceful hatred of lay education and a desire to manage information from the seats of wealth and power only.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Joe Rogan is literally just a jock - in a previous epoch he may have been a warrior - who decided he wanted to hear about intellectual things instead of just smoking weed with other comedians on his podcast.  "You, sit, tell Joe what make sun go up in day and stars go up in night." And then just repeat for three hours. He'd believe pretty much whatever the people tell him up until a few years ago when he started to push back on things like diet and health.

He's not an authority, and nobody views him that way. Literally the only reason to push against him having a platform is a disgraceful hatred of lay education and a desire to manage information from the seats of wealth and power only.

What he does is provide a well subscribed platform for experts and others to present their views in great detail in a long-form format conversation.  Those views many times conflict with those of the authorities or their allies.  And that makes him a threat that must be confronted and if possible neutralized.  One tactic is that authorities and lackeys push censorship under the false pretense of looking out for the public interest rather than revealing their real motive of protecting their interests.  Suggesting that conflicting facts and expert opinions are somehow dangerous misinformation when in truth their own ignorance and arrogance is the real danger.  

Frankly, I don't believe any person capable of critical and logical thinking with the ability to form their own conclusions and opinions based on the presentation of many diverse opinions and verifiable facts could fall for such a ploy.  Excluding those simply going along with the program because they are well-compensated or just afraid to challenge power through being intimidated by threats of negative consequences.  And others either lacking the intelligence or the attention span to figure it all out.

If we lived in a place such as North Korea for example it would be much easier for the authorities.  Anyone questioning the wisdom and edicts of the glorious eternal leader would be quickly put to death.  Unfortunately for authorities and power centers in the U.S. and most of the western world we're not quite their yet and they still have to rely and deception and threats of censorship and consequences for anyone that might challenge their authority and self-provided monopoly over "truth".  

9 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

if the cake ordered was asked to be in the shape of a swaztica and the owners were jewish. should they have to bake it? honest answer? 

if joe rogans service is talking about subjects you disagree with do you have to listen to it?

there is a difference between forcing someone to PROVIDE a service and someone being forced to USE it...or in this case, not use it even if they want to.

i don't think spotify wants to remove anything. they are in self preservation mode trying to not give the paranhas anything to latch on to. i wish we weren't in a world view where simple conversation was deemed dangerous. the fact people have a issue he is talking to EXPERTS is pretty scary. after being wrong about so much for so long they still stand on a soapbox as the arbitrator of truth all with state backing. the fact the organizations he is directly competing with are at the for front of the attack. that should be a big red flag of which side they are on and their true intentions.

but these are two different issues. you cant create a slope with a example, just when you disagree with it and then talk about how slippery its gotten later on. refusal of service happens all the time for various reasons. you just don't mantle it because it was not shouted through a megaphone for a few months. i can name 100s you would agree with as its been happening long before a baker refused a cake. if you want a acctual example lets talk about refusal of service based on medical history that goes directly against actual LAW, not personal belief. HIPPA is a thing of the past and many love it and advocate it daily..even against children.

The swastika cake is a symbol of murder and promotes an organization that committed crimes against humanity. So any cake baker would be be within their right to deny service. Not because of differing beliefs, but because of not wanting to produce a symbol that promotes genocide. 

It would be like them not baking a wedding cake that had a sadistic message on it for the bride and groom. Denial of service based on behavior is certainly common place and acceptable. 

Denial of service based on class, race, sexuality and what your political, religious, ethical beliefs are should not be acceptable. 

But here we are. Why are your personal religious beliefs more privileged than my personal political beliefs? 

If a cake baker doesn't have to bake a cake for gay people, then a tech company doesn't have to provide service to conservatives (or liberals) whom they do not approve. 

I'm not arguing this is a good thing. Just giving my analysis.

No content advisory 

My unvaccinated 8 year old had it.  

Was positive on the rapid test - had a fever for 1 day that was 100.  

She was rapidly fine in literally 24 hours.    

The stuffy nose lasted about a week. 

It was terrifying.  Please wear 2 N95s.  

The Real Reason Spotify Can't Afford to Lose the Rogan Battle

https://redstate.com/kiradavis/2022/02/04/the-real-reason-spotify-cant-afford-to-lose-the-rogan-battle-n517177

FTA:

So think about what happens if they cave on Rogan. Does it end there?

Of course not. We know that nothing is ever good enough for the progressive cranks. An apology requires more apologies, a capitulation requires more capitulation, and so on and so forth. On the left, there is no redemption, only a constant churning of penance, punishment, and proving one’s progressivism. Wash, rinse, repeat.

If the Boomer Brigade succeeds in ousting Rogan, they will turn their attention to the myriad of other performers on the site who don’t toe the Branch Covidian line…and there are hundreds, maybe even thousands. Including my own.

Spotify cannot pursue their goal of owning the podcast market without podcasts, and they can’t entice new and lucrative podcasters when they can’t even guarantee that they will stand up for those podcasters against cancel culture.

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -- George R. R. Martin

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/3/2022 at 10:05 AM, Tiberius said:

No, they just don't want people spewing lies on their platform. Seems pretty clear cut 

I disagree...because when the government spouts lies, they are never “fact checked”, censored, or banned...

The Biden administration made it clear, early on, when their press secretary admitted they were working with Big Tech platforms to make sure they were aligned with the Establishment narrative...And any other fact or opinion from a medical professional, that did not agree, shall not be tolerated (even though the government has been wrong many times during the pandemic)...

The CDC director also came out last month and admitted covid protocols were not based on the science, but rather what they thought the American people can tolerate...Lol...

The Federal government has proven, time and again, that their agenda has nothing to do with health, and most of the world has now become hip to that...the pandemic is over...game is over...👍

14 hours ago, Motorin' said:

The swastika cake is a symbol of murder and promotes an organization that committed crimes against humanity. So any cake baker would be be within their right to deny service. Not because of differing beliefs, but because of not wanting to produce a symbol that promotes genocide. 

It would be like them not baking a wedding cake that had a sadistic message on it for the bride and groom. Denial of service based on behavior is certainly common place and acceptable. 

Denial of service based on class, race, sexuality and what your political, religious, ethical beliefs are should not be acceptable. 

But here we are. Why are your personal religious beliefs more privileged than my personal political beliefs? 

If a cake baker doesn't have to bake a cake for gay people, then a tech company doesn't have to provide service to conservatives (or liberals) whom they do not approve. 

I'm not arguing this is a good thing. Just giving my analysis.

We can agree on that.  So be it.  Be ready for the divide it will cause, and don't get butt-hurt when you see people leaving your side of the aisle of agreement.  Agree to that, and then, game on :)

19 minutes ago, TtownBillsFan said:

We can agree on that.  So be it.  Be ready for the divide it will cause, and don't get butt-hurt when you see people leaving your side of the aisle of agreement.  Agree to that, and then, game on :)

Just to be clear:  I'm NOT a fan of denying service based upon race, class, sexuality, political beliefs, religious beliefs, etc. Just be ready to get it from the other side, if you want to make that part of your determination of service.  MY SIDE does not do that in general.  Please don't make that ***** the new norm! 

1 hour ago, LeviF said:

Lol I was waiting for the regime to play the only trick they have left

It’s actually interesting. He drops some N-Bombs and nothing.  Had a guest on who had a differing opinion on Covid than the MSM and it’s CANCEL THE *****!!

Where we're all headed

Let this sink in.....

We're so far gone that half the low lifes that watched that, here, in America, are twisting themselves in a pretzel to defend it.  Or they think it's impossible would never happen here.  As they sit in their face diapers for now going into a THIRD YEAR.....and can't go out to eat if they don't have proper vaccination that doesn't work.

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

It’s actually interesting. He drops some N-Bombs and nothing.  Had a guest on who had a differing opinion on Covid than the MSM and it’s CANCEL THE *****!!

He just had 70 episodes pulled down where he used the N-Word after a musician posted a video cut up of him dropping the N-Word on his shows. The musician said Rogan can say whatever he wants, but asked for her music to be taken down. 

I think the piece people are missing is that Spotify recently agreed to pay Rogan 100 million dollars. 

The musicians who demanded their music be pulled are being paid .0003 cents per stream. They're pissed that the apps audience was built by streaming music and now they pay a pod caster $100 million when they aren't even getting pennies. 

Rogan isn't canceled. And people are pulling their music off they aren't making any money.

Edited by Motorin'

34 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

He just had 70 episodes pulled down where he used the N-Word after a musician posted a video cut up of him dropping the N-Word on his shows. The musician said Rogan can say whatever he wants, but asked for her music to be taken down. 

I think the piece people are missing is that Spotify recently agreed to pay Rogan 100 million dollars. 

The musicians who demanded their music be pulled are being paid .0003 cents per stream. They're pissed that the apps audience was built by streaming music and now they pay a pod caster $100 million when they aren't even getting pennies. 

Rogan isn't canceled. And people are pulling their music off they aren't making any money.

So they are not only immature they’re jealous of the prom king.  Someone needs to let the know that podcasting is where the money is these days. 

On 2/2/2022 at 10:17 AM, Tiberius said:

They hate those that tell the truth. They hate those that attack lies. 

It's the right wing! 

If you want to know who is on the right side of history just take a step back and see who’s censoring and then you’ll know the other side is right. Those who censor have never ever been on the right side of history.  It’s no different now. Leftists love to censor, make your own conclusions. 

33 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

If you want to know who is on the right side of history just take a step back and see who’s censoring and then you’ll know the other side is right. Those who censor have never ever been on the right side of history.  It’s no different now. Leftists love to censor, make your own conclusions. 

It’s all very simple.  For some reason an opinion that doesn’t fit a person’s narrative it tagged as a lie.  I’m telling you people don’t even know what the word lie means.  

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

So they are not only immature they’re jealous of the prom king.  Someone needs to let the know that podcasting is where the money is these days. 

Guess Spotify is going to see how many subscriptions it can keep with a reduction in their music library. 

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Guess Spotify is going to see how many subscriptions it can keep with a reduction in their music library. 

Name me the top musicians that have left Spotify that are listened to by people who pay for Spotify.  

Why they make nothing and Rogan made bank. 

14 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Name me the top musicians that have left Spotify that are listened to by people who pay for Spotify.  

Why they make nothing and Rogan made bank. 

With the pay structure Spotify uses to pay musicians, a musician will need to have their music streamed 33 billion times to earn what Spotify paid Rogan upfront. 

4 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

With the pay structure Spotify uses to pay musicians, a musician will need to have their music streamed 33 billion times to earn what Spotify paid Rogan upfront. 

Not sure what point you're trying to make but this reminds me of years ago when I was bitching to my barber about how much money NFL players make.  His response?  Until I cant get 70,000 people to watch me cut hair they will always make tons more than me.  

12 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Not sure what point you're trying to make but this reminds me of years ago when I was bitching to my barber about how much money NFL players make.  His response?  Until I cant get 70,000 people to watch me cut hair they will always make tons more than me.  

That would be a good analogy, if you were also playing in the NFL. 

17 hours ago, Motorin' said:

im not trying to pick on you. i erased my other book of a reply, if you read it fine. but you are so misinformed my man.

perspective.

rogan gets 11 million listeners per episode. every major tv show is payed more for production,  advertising, and are on major networks. he smashing their ratings. hes been doing his show for 20 years. 2 to 3 hours episodes. how many hours of entertainment compared to a 5 min song? his deal is for exclusivity. musicians can be on multiple platforms getting multiple checks from various means including selling a song for $1 dollar. which is why 1 hit wonders get millions of dollars and can retire into a comfortable life. 1 song. 5 minutes. its $20 for a album. get a fraction of rogans audience to buy just one and your set for life. touring? more $$$!  musicians have huge amounts of people to divide money up with though. they sign the deal with the record label, not spotify. joe is literally a two man production who was building a audience from scratch for 2 decades before he got that deal. 

these things aren't close to each other in pay structure to begin with. to think after a sustained campaign by the media, then gov, and all of a sudden artists. that is just a believable coincedence? suddenly its about how "spotify" pays? somthing joe has nothing to do with? seriously? any word on xm and howard stern or the multitude of other outlets broadcasting music streams with shows that get millions of listeners or is it j conviently just this specific one?

yeah he's getting "cancelled". 

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

im not trying to pick on you. i erased my other book of a reply, if you read it fine. but you are so misinformed my man.

perspective.

rogan gets 11 million listeners per episode. every tv show is less payed more and are on major networks. hes been doing his show for 20 years and it is 2 to 3 hours per episode. how many hours of entertainment compared to a 5 min song in rotation. his deal is for exclusivity. musicians can be on multiple platforms getting multiple checks from various means including selling for $1 dollar. which is why 1 hit wonders get millions of dollars and can retire into a comfortable life off 1 song. musicians have huge amounts of people to divide money up with as well. they sign the deal with the record label not spotify. while joe literally is a two man production.

these things aren't close to each other in pay structure to begin with. to think after a sustained campaign by the media, then gov, and all of a sudden now artists is just a coincedence, and its suddenly from how "spotify" pays, somthing joe has nothing to do with? seriously? any word on xm and howard stern or the multitude of other outlets broadcasting music with shows that get millions of listeners or just this specific one cause i haven't seen it.

he's getting "cancelled". 

Maybe he should move to Fox? They only cancel repeat sexual offenders. 

55 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Maybe he should move to Fox? They only cancel repeat sexual offenders. 

maybe people should recognize we need outlets that aren't controlled by others and should fight to protect them from s#/÷ like this. diversity of thought is a good thing. ones that actually succeed and captures a audience beyond reach will always be co-opted or shut down. 

you have picked your side i guess. i tryed to convince you. the warning can't be any clearer. 

for the record joe wanted bernie sanders is a liberal and absolutely is not racist. 20 years from cali the bluest state. anyone who thinks he alignes with fox is not familiar with his stances but thats not really required to define people anyways.

Edited by Buffarukus

Rogan's "crime" is that he provided a huge audience to experts the State has made great efforts to silence regarding COVID.  They've been very successful marginalizing and punishing descent.  While they bombard the public with get your shots public service announcements through the media 24/7. 

Some of Rogan's guests lately have challenged sacred narratives by providing their views on the safety and efficacy of vaccines that cite specific dangers they suggest the government and pharma companies have failed to disclose and may be hiding from the public. 

Nothing is more dangerous to authority than some expert challenging their edicts and their "right" to push everybody around.  And as a result Joe's podcast, which authorities have to this point tolerated has crossed the line and is now viewed as dangerous to the establishment.  So now he's spreading the dreaded "misinformation".  And in the name of public safety these dangerous ideas must be suppressed.  Because they're killing people.  So he has to be forced through whatever means are necessary to stop.  

But here's the thing.  The government and pharma are afraid.  They're acting out of fear rather than any genuine concern for public safety.  It's their safety that's the concern.  Are Rogan's experts telling the truth and do they have all their facts straight?  I don't know but I'd like to see some intelligent debate out in the open and I'd expect anyone else interested in knowing all the facts would too.

A couple of Rogan's guests gave very detailed 3 hour long presentations filled with lots of facts, science, and statistics.  But the officials shouting misinformation won't cite you one specific thing that is misinformation or incorrect.  Just a blanket condemnation of their ideas.  If they know the facts and the fact support the official narrative why don't they just say so?  And go into all the details point by point and refute what these speakers have stated?  Well, they're not going to engage in any public debate or counter any specific point of contention.  Because they're afraid.  Because once you get into the details their entire story could potentially fall apart and they can't risk that happening.   So play the misinformation card, and if that fails see if they can brand him a racist. Wait and see. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

Generally agree, but you are wrong here. The people who  "censored" cigarette commercials from lying about the health costs of those products won, didn't they? Those people that complained it was censorship to not be allowed lie about what was in their consumer products lost, correct? 

Perspective 

19 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Generally agree, but you are wrong here. The people who  "censored" cigarette commercials from lying about the health costs of those products won, didn't they? Those people that complained it was censorship to not be allowed lie about what was in their consumer products lost, correct? 

Perspective 

So you agree with censoring those who have a different view point?

Wow

23 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Perspective 

Perspective has nothing to do with it.  What its about is facts and science presented in a court of law.  Opponents of the cigarette industry assembled a fact-based and scientific case through the use of experts and discovery of the industry's records to prove in state and federal courts that smoking directly caused lung and other types of cancer and the industry knew of these effects. All through the use of due process through the legal and court system.  

To this point nobody has provided a single shred of evidence or refuted a single point presented by Rogan's guests concerning their expert conclusions concerning undisclosed dangers of mRNA vaccines and COVID in general.  And what those dangers present to the public and the failure of government and the pharma industry to provide adequate disclosure of risks and acquire patient consent of those risks.   

What's missing from the argument here is that officials and others charging "misinformation" have proved nothing other than they're afraid to debate details.  I've asked several times how anybody could know that guests like Dr. Malone are lying?  I sure don't.  What exactly they're lying about and what knowledge or expertise anyone might have in order to "know" they're lying?  So I'm calling on any expert virologists, immunologists, vaccine experts, or nRNA technology, or Gene Therapy experts on the board to provide some insights.  Or is the entire  misinformation case depending on Harry and Meghan to provide expert medical advice?  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

13 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Perspective has nothing to do with it.  What its about is facts and science presented in a court of law.  Opponents of the cigarette industry assembled a fact-based and scientific case through the use of experts and discovery of the industry's records to prove in state and federal courts that smoking directly caused lung and other types of cancer and the industry knew of these effects. All through the use of due process through the legal and court system.  

To this point nobody has provided a single shred of evidence or refuted a single point presented by Rogan's guests concerning their expert conclusions concerning undisclosed dangers of mRNA vaccines and COVID in general.  And what those dangers present to the public and the failure of government and the pharma industry to provide adequate disclosure of risks and acquire patient consent of those risks.   

What's missing from the argument here is that officials and others charging "misinformation" have proved nothing other than they're afraid to debate details.  I've asked several times how anybody could know that guests like Dr. Malone are lying?  I sure don't.  What exactly they're lying about and what knowledge or expertise anyone might have in order to "know" they're lying?  So I'm calling on any expert virologists, immunologists, vaccine experts, or nRNA technology, or Gene Therapy experts on the board to provide some insights.  Or is the entire  misinformation case depending on Harry and Meghan to provide expert medical advice?  

Misinformation about COVID and vaccine are just as deadly. 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Perspective 

Your perspective is skewed and of course, feeds into the narrative of those distrustful of marching in stride with govt and the cancellers.  Congrats Tibs, you’ve joined the Moral Majority!

With tobacco use, there was decades of evidence and ultimately, evidence revealed that the tobacco companies were aware of the addictive nature of the product and health hazards associated with usage. 

With COVID, the data associated with the virus is counted in months.  In the meantime, we had often conflicting guidance, lockdowns for some but not for others, political bombs lobbed at the admin in place that has sowed confusion among the populace, we went from “no masks” to “double/triple masked” to studies showing the glorified Kleenex in strings did little to stop the spread, to a President who was going to bring COVID to its knees who took to his own knees just a few weeks back when he realized he could not….and suddenly there is a push to silence dissenting voices in any way or shape possible. 

If you’re comparing this to the evolution of the fight against tobacco companies—the reality is that the final chapters of the book have yet to be written.  The tobacco lobby shaped the narrative for an awfully long time, paying and buying off politicians along the way— it remains to be seen if pharmaceutical companies are doing the same as we speak.  

To draw a parallel, we’re in a full blown opioid crisis in the country right now in what seemed to be an unholy alliance of politicians, pharmaceutical companies and the medical profession.  

Now is not the time for shutting down dialogue and conversation.  

38 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Perspective 

Were cigarettes banned or are people allowed to make their own decisions regarding them? 🤔

13 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Your perspective is skewed and of course, feeds into the narrative of those distrustful of marching in stride with govt and the cancellers.  Congrats Tibs, you’ve joined the Moral Majority!

With tobacco use, there was decades of evidence and ultimately, evidence revealed that the tobacco companies were aware of the addictive nature of the product and health hazards associated with usage. 

With COVID, the data associated with the virus is counted in months.  In the meantime, we had often conflicting guidance, lockdowns for some but not for others, political bombs lobbed at the admin in place that has sowed confusion among the populace, we went from “no masks” to “double/triple masked” to studies showing the glorified Kleenex in strings did little to stop the spread, to a President who was going to bring COVID to its knees who took to his own knees just a few weeks back when he realized he could not….and suddenly there is a push to silence dissenting voices in any way or shape possible. 

If you’re comparing this to the evolution of the fight against tobacco companies—the reality is that the final chapters of the book have yet to be written.  The tobacco lobby shaped the narrative for an awfully long time, paying and buying off politicians along the way— it remains to be seen if pharmaceutical companies are doing the same as we speak.  

To draw a parallel, we’re in a full blown opioid crisis in the country right now in what seemed to be an unholy alliance of politicians, pharmaceutical companies and the medical profession.  

Now is not the time for shutting down dialogue and conversation.  

Nope, it’s the same thing. You are writing so much because you are wrong. When you are right, like me, you don’t need to say much 😊 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

Go ban more books and sugar coat history.

Hurry - you can do it! 

idiots

29 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Misinformation about COVID and vaccine are just as deadly. 

Sure it is but I'm still waiting to hear what specifically is incorrect as nobody's proven anybody on Rogan's podcasts is spreading misinformation. Or debunked a single point made.  I'd like to hear from scientist and researchers from the CDC, or the NIH, or Pfizer scientists before I'm ready to label any conclusions stated by his podcast guests as incorrect science.  To date they haven't entered the conversation to dispute anything stated.   

What it comes down to is that an open and honest debate and discussion of the science, data, and expert views presented in a judgment free environment by a diversity of voices benefits us all.  That's how progress is made and innovations are developed.  By objectively looking at alternatives, debating and evaluating the merits of each alternative and choosing a course of action that's most effective.  And it seems illogical to oppose those conversations assuming you have a genuine interest in the public good.   

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

6 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Sure it is but I'm still waiting to hear what specifically is incorrect as nobody's proven anybody on Rogan's podcasts is spreading misinformation. Or debunked a single point made.  I'd like to hear from scientist and researchers from the CDC, or the NIH, or Pfizer scientists before I'm ready to label any conclusions stated by his podcast guests as incorrect science.  To date they haven't entered the conversation to dispute anything stated.   

What it comes down to is that an open and honest debate and discussion of the science, data, and expert views presented in a judgment free environment by a diversity of voices benefits us all.  That's how progress is made and innovations are developed.  By objectively looking at alternatives, debating and evaluating the merits of each alternative and choosing a course of action that's most effective.  And it seems illogical to oppose those conversations assuming you have a genuine interest in the public good.   

So you think tobacco companies should be able to advertise that their cigs are healthy? 

Just now, Tiberius said:

So you think tobacco companies should be able to advertise that their cigs are healthy? 

Say what?  The conversation is about what is factually wrong about statements concerning COVID made by Rogan's podcast guests.  Which it appears is something you won't address.