Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer To Retire

Tiberius

51 minutes ago, Doc said:

And you're so certain that the 3 SCOTUS' appointed by Dem Presidents don't have an agenda?

When you think about it it’s not the Justices that have an agenda as much as the folks that nominate them.  And that’s how the game has, and always will be, played. 

Dumb broad can’t define a woman.  If that’s not political I’m not sure what is.  Did she skip third grade?  Or should I say did it skip third grade?  Nice job Demented Biden.  What a mess!

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

So KBJ needs to be in a particular field to define it?  Yeah, next candidate please.

She really blew this one.  How can she rule on anything if in order to have an opinion she needs to be formally trained in that particular area? 

26 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

She really blew this one.  How can she rule on anything if in order to have an opinion she needs to be formally trained in that particular area? 

I think we're exaggerating a bit here. This is basically an interview you can't fail. Who was the last nominee to get voted down? Bork?

9 minutes ago, LeviF said:

I think we're exaggerating a bit here. This is basically an interview you can't fail. Who was the last nominee to get voted down? Bork?

Bork is the last one to actually get a vote and be rejected- since then the only two who had "tough" hearings is Thomas and Kavanaugh. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Bork is the last one to actually get a vote and be rejected- since then the only two who had "tough" hearings is Thomas and Kavanaugh. 

Correct. 

Jackson should pass, and maybe even get a couple of Rs who will do their jobs to approve her. 

As an aside, imagine Ted Kennedy in an age of Twitter. If you think politics is broken and used to be so much better:

“Robert Bork's America is a land in which women would be forced into back-alley abortions, blacks would sit at segregated lunch counters, rogue police could break down citizens' doors in midnight raids, and schoolchildren could not be taught about evolution, writers and artists would be censored at the whim of the Government, and the doors of the Federal courts would be shut on the fingers of millions of citizens.”

What a POS. 

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Agree! This is a job interview in which you’re guaranteed to be hired and you STILL dodge the question. She definitely does not have the wisdom that’s required of a Justice. I’ll go as far as to say she’s not going their to judge, but to advocate/legislate. Everyone on this message board room could answer that one better than she did. Next! 

Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall, who was called by the GOP to testify Thursday in opposition to Jackson’s nomination, refused to say President Biden is the “duly elected and lawfully serving” president of the United States.

Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) repeatedly questioned Marshall — who was the chairman of the Republican Attorneys General Association’s Rule of Law Defense Fund in the lead-up to the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol — over what involvement he may have had in the robocalls the Rule of Law Defense Fund sent out urging recipients to march to the Capitol that day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/03/24/ketanji-brown-jackson-supreme-court-hearing-live-updates/#link-J43LWV6I5ZF57I5QFPWS4L5XGA

Fuggin moon bat 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

After packing the court - “How dare the Supreme Court not do what we want them to do after all the money we spent buying them!”

Who packed the court?  As far as I can tell that is in reference to creating additional seats on the court, not filling the seats, though I suppose if you lived under a rock and just crawled out from under it, I can see how you could get those mixed up.

Also Laura Ingram is a moron.  Boo hoo if the supreme court doesn't agree with you.  They are on the court and you aren't, now piss off.

Also Ted, you're a pos too.

• Like (+1) 1