Facebook admits, in court, that it’s “Fact Checks” are nothing more than opinion

JaCrispy

So, now you see social media platforms calling something false, not because it’s incorrect, but simply because they claim it “lacks context”...

It can have all the factual info in the world, but if it “lacks context” or has a certain tone the platform disagrees with, it’s misinformation...got it...😉

I think it’s becoming more and more clear to people what is happening here- and it’s similar to what happened to the mainstream media and why they are drastically losing viewership...

Just like the MSM, social media platforms are succumbing to “group think”, where anything that doesn’t align with their official narrative, or presents an inconvenient truth, is to be censored or banned...

Actions like these are very detrimental to free societies, because in a democracy the public requires the free flow of information, and the discussion and debate of uncomfortable topics, in order to make decisions...Censorship and banishment for “wrong speak” is authoritarian and fascist...

This is exactly the reason I was opposed to moderators regulating this forum- it would have turned it into the same thing...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• JaCrispy changed the title to Facebook admits, in court, that it’s “Fact Checks” are nothing more than opinion
4 minutes ago, Doc said:

In other news...

I know, I know...but sometimes things need to be admitted to in court, put in writing, and then made official for some people to realize this as well...😉👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Hostile foreign nations. 

I want them expelled from doing business here.  

Their interests are inherently Un American and their actions give a voice (and fake narrative control) to its enemies.  

And the only way we are able to learn about this problem, and how to fix it, is through free and open dialogue, not censorship of it...👍

Take “Lab Leak Theory” for example...we can never fix the issue of   something, that likely started the pandemic, if everyone is censored from talking about it, and holding our government’s “feet to the fire”...

We can never improve the efficacy of vaccines if everyone is afraid of sharing their experiences with adverse events, after taking the vaccine...

Fake “fact checking“ or censoring just makes it seem like people aren’t concerned with truth, but rather maintaining power- power over how people perceive their reality around them, so they can be easily controlled...

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

And the only way we are able to learn about this problem, and how to fix it, is through free and open dialogue, not censorship of it...👍

Take “Lab Leak Theory” for example...we can never fix the issue of   something, that likely started the pandemic, if everyone is censored from talking about it, and holding our government’s “feet to the fire”...

We can never improve the efficacy of vaccines if everyone is afraid of sharing their experiences with adverse events, after taking the vaccine...

Fake “fact checking“ or censoring just makes it seem like people aren’t concerned with truth, but rather maintaining power- power over how people perceive their reality around them, so they can be easily controlled...

Best description of a "fact checker" I've heard (they of course originally appeared during the Bush years to debunk claims on Iraq and WMD and the war on terror.)  And whether statements were technically true.

But have since branched out to "check" every utterance of political opinion.  A subjective opinion.  

And all they are is a third party group that is already on Team Blue.  And twist themselves into pretzels to prove the conservative is "wrong."

They are just another branch of state propaganda charged with narrative control.   

And Silicon Valley is leading the way.

Best example in history - The Covid Censorship and "facts."

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Damn

Zuckerberg said in 2022 "I got into this to design technology that helps people connect".

.....more to the point, connect and protect.

Not only did Meta protect pedos, he used it to protect Hunter and Joe.  

Edited by US Egg
  • Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, US Egg said:

Zuckerberg said in 2022 "I got into this to design technology that helps people connect".

.....more to the point, connect and protect.

Not only did Meta protect pedos, he used it to protect Hunter and Joe.  

I can't believe he publicly apologized.  It's an admission of guilt lawyers will pounce on. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

I can't believe he publicly apologized.  It's an admission of guilt lawyers will pounce on. 

I expect nothing much to happen.  I don't pay too much attention to the testimony of these periodic beatings the social media platform billionaires are obliged to take.  What we see is the make-believe illusion the establishment wants us to see.  Congressional and government regulators concerned about the impact social media platforms are having on the public.  Worries about children. Concerns about mis and dis information. 

When in reality what exists is a tight integration of private social media platforms into the security and surveillance apparatus of The State.   They work together and this dog and pony show put on by Congress provides the public with the illusion that some other arrangement between those parties exists.  They don't care too much about what happens to the public as long as they can control the flow and content of "information" and suppress or discredit other messages of conflicting facts or dissenting opinions.

What scares and concerns them is losing control.  That's their only concern.  And letting people freely express views and opinions that embarrass or expose the government to scrutiny threatens that control.  And their ability to lie and cover their asses when required.  Which is pretty much all the time. 

Let's ask some real questions.  Get these fact checkers out into public and ask them to explain why they lie and who tells them to lie until we get to the top of the chain of command.  When are we going to see that testimony?

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Let's ask some real questions.  Get these fact checkers out into public and ask them to explain why they lie and who tells them to lie until we get to the top of the chain of command

I don't think AI on a PC will answer that question.  

16 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

I don't think AI on a PC will answer that question.  

True.  But the person directed to program that AI with "information" that guides it to conclusions and actions will. 

Otherwise, I might start by asking the AI how do you know anything you've been told is the truth?  I think the ultimate answer to that question would be "I don't know".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, All_Pro_Bills said:

True.  But the person directed to program that AI with "information" that guides it to conclusions and actions will. 

Otherwise, I might start by asking the AI how do you know anything you've been told is the truth?  I think the ultimate answer to that question would be "I don't know".

No argument.  And why people testing ai platforms are seeing and sharing the biases it produces. 

Think.  American communist say communism will work this time.  As long as we allow AI to be the government.  

For real.  Revcom.us 

Good old bob avakian.  

• Angry 1

12 minutes ago, BillStime said:

What's the hoax? Both things I said are true. He doesn't have to live with the repercussions of his actions. He is happy to send the world into chaos and then hide away during retirement in his underground fortress in Hawaii 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mark-zuckerberg-spent-187-million-191118946.html

Edited by KDIGGZ

11 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

What's the hoax? Both things I said are true. He doesn't have to live with the repercussions of his actions. He is happy to send the world into chaos and then hide away during retirement in his underground fortress in Hawaii 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mark-zuckerberg-spent-187-million-191118946.html

Who the F cares if he built a bunker in Hawaii - he can do what he wants with his money you freakn commie.

But Zuckerberg isn't some huge dem donor despite what Trump and right-wing fake news sites say.  Go do some fact checking.

And last - Zuckerberg had a special deal with Trump leading up to the last election to not to fact check any of Trump's 100 billion lies.

^^ not a hoax

Keep whining Mister Independent.

50 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Zuckerberg is a heavy Democrat funder. He is also secretly building a $100 million apocalypse bunker in Hawaii. Nothing weird about that at all....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/22/2022 at 11:38 AM, JaCrispy said:

So, now you see social media platforms calling something false, not because it’s incorrect, but simply because they claim it “lacks context”...

It can have all the factual info in the world, but if it “lacks context” or has a certain tone the platform disagrees with, it’s misinformation...got it...😉

I think it’s becoming more and more clear to people what is happening here- and it’s similar to what happened to the mainstream media and why they are drastically losing viewership...

Just like the MSM, social media platforms are succumbing to “group think”, where anything that doesn’t align with their official narrative, or presents an inconvenient truth, is to be censored or banned...

Actions like these are very detrimental to free societies, because in a democracy the public requires the free flow of information, and the discussion and debate of uncomfortable topics, in order to make decisions...Censorship and banishment for “wrong speak” is authoritarian and fascist...

This is exactly the reason I was opposed to moderators regulating this forum- it would have turned it into the same thing...

This should in no way given all that we have heard and seen over the last 3 + yrs surprise us in any way but it fits . There are some that believe FB to be the all knowing and where all the truth lives that's a part why i'm to on any of that crap ! 

FB, Tweeter, X, Insta germ, even though i spend some time each morning here i have better things to do that involve more physical movement than just my thumbs . I do personally know people that can sit for hrs on end & stare at their phone though it baffles me that they can be that taken by it . 

If we want to see what or why the world has changed & not so much for the better we need look no further than our own hands America was already lazy enough but the "Smart Phone" hasn't really made it better & i bought a VR thing for a Christmas present now there's another great invention for those that don't like physical activity . 

Modern tech isn't it great !!! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/22/2022 at 12:38 PM, JaCrispy said:

When many called this out, they were deemed crazy! 

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

Like with most things they called crazy, it took a few years to prove them wrong.  But the damage was already done. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

Conspiracies are only conspiracies until they are proven true. And if they own the media and the narrative then good luck

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Like with most things they called crazy, it took a few years to prove them wrong.  But the damage was already done. 

And will continue! Social media is destroying our society specifically our youth.

16 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

He donated a large sum of money, give it up. Like always, your losing.

Whose losing? I mean if you like make believe games in your head, sure. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Keep running into concrete walls DoC - you look amazing! 

On 2/15/2022 at 11:22 AM, Doc said:

Worse than Watergate, 9/11, WWII and January 6th combined.  

Embarrassing.

5 minutes ago, US Egg said:

Hey, as long as he’s shoveling Hundreds of millions to Dems, they don’t care what he says.

Didn’t Trump bring us the vaccine?

Or is that an inconvenient truth.

Of course it is 

8 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Never seen it win.  I'll give it one thing. It's consistent.  Lacks any self awareness.  But consistent.

When was your last win? 

image.png.74bd26ea34b5fa1debf8f002fe8b99a7.png

• Eyeroll 2

• 2 months later...