RIP Meat Loaf

CowgirlsFan

Dude was radical and  I remember when the Bat out of Hell album came out it immeditely became memorable and iconic...Classic...sooo talented, such a leave his heart on the stage kind of performer......a lot of my comrades from back in the day are passing away SMH its inevitable but it still sucks.

RIP Meat Loaf you were an artists artist.

m

24 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

WOW, surprised to see this.  

There was a time in the late '70s when this guy completely owned the music scene.

71+JN133qiL._SL1200_.jpg

correctamundo BIG TIME

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bull####.  He was 74, overwetght his whole adultt life  (but thinner recently than he was in the 70s). Collapsed onstage last year while singing with his daughter.He wasn't in the greatest health.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Bull####.  He was 74, overwetght his whole adultt life  (but thinner recently than he was in the 70s). Collapsed onstage last year while singing with his daughter.He wasn't in the greatest health.

You are right and he was lucky to make it to 74. I never got into his music but he was pretty popular for awhile on the top 40. In the next 10 years we will be losing a lot of the groups/singers that we all enjoy, that's how it goes.

19 hours ago, Wacka said:

Not to mention an alcoholic/drug addict of some type.

I saw an interview with him years ago and he said he was too young and ill-prepared to handle the immense fame and success he got almost overnight.  His way of handling it was drugs/alcohol.

I have no idea how quickly he cleaned up, though, or if in fact he ever did.

Ed Van Halen died not long ago and he always had trouble with alcoholism too, like so many other musicians.

He'd have brief periods of recovery (when he got chubby!) but they would never last long.

When you see normal, skinny Ed, that's alcoholic Ed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.