Around the League week 18

YoloinOhio

Just now, Steptide said:

Do any of these 1pm games effect the bills

Sure!  It's kind of complicated how it all plays out.

There are a number of scenarios where the Bills could play Indy, but we were just talking above about how if Indy loses, they won't make the playoffs--and they are now down 7-0.

Play with this!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I was just playing with the simulator trying to get Indy in with a loss today--it's not easy like you say.

Use this one https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/upshot/indianapolis-colts-nfl-playoff-picture.html

ESPN is better if you want to see matchups, this one is great if you want to see what teams need in order to make PO, 3rd seed etc.

Just now, No_Matter_What said:

Use this one https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/upshot/indianapolis-colts-nfl-playoff-picture.html

ESPN is better if you want to see matchups, this one is great if you want to see what teams need in order to make PO, 3rd seed etc.

That's behind a pay wall for me.

2 minutes ago, 716er said:

That and Titan Up are my least favorite team chants haha 

Lol, it's so dumb... But they're playing the Colts really tough. Stuffed Taylor on 4th and short. 

Just now, HappyDays said:

Colts haven't won in Jacksonville since 2014. Oh my god if they pull this off we could be certain to miss the Colts in the playoffs.

Part of me wants them to go to KC. If they get the upset in Arrowhead, then they go to Tenn...

However, a Bengals and Colts loss would be really interesting. 

On several of these Titans running plays, their Olinemen have their arms across the chest of Houston D-linemen restricting movement.  it’s kind of stealth offensive holding if you ask me. I know the Bills would get flagged 10 times a game for that. 

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Go Jags!  

How does a 2-14 team punt from the other team’s 45 yard line?  

By having absolutely no awareness of the power of analytics or how math can help you win football games.

It's amazing the advantage that is currently available to teams that do understand the power of math.

In 5 years, that advantage will be gone, but it's here NOW!

Okay, so the Colts one is of great interest at the moment.

Looks like if they lose, and if Steelers lose then Vegas are in even if they lose

If Indy lose and Steelers win then Pitt will be in (unless the Chargers and Raiders don't decide to screw them by having a tie)

Just now, Nextmanup said:

By having absolutely no awareness of the power of analytics or how math can help you win football games.

It's amazing the advantage that is currently available to teams that do understand the power of math.

In 5 years, that advantage will be gone, but it's here NOW!

I get that, but it’s not rocket science. It just takes a minimal amount of intelligence and courage…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.