Buffalo Porta Potty's getting some much deserved recognition

Royale with Cheese

One of the first rules of the lot 1 days was to make sure you didn't have to drop a deuce at the tailgate...........you p!ssed in the 5 gallon bucket alongside the assigned vehicle..........so, unless you were a female,  if you were seen entering the potty it was clear why you were doing it and you were then subject to being zip-tied inside.  Very simple but effective procedure.   You can blow thru the zip tie but the force usually lead to an embarrassing cartwheel on the pavement.

Or occasionally the potty might get rocked from side to side with you in it.  (It took a the local providers quite a few years to catch on that they need to cluster the potties in tight formation to prevent tip overs)  

Basically the 3 days prior to the game was a cleanse period to avoid such indignities.

Also,  occasionally the potties would get used to block certain vehicles in.    Like say if you were a deserving party who locked their keys into their luxury sedan and left it and called a tow truck company to come collect it........the tow operator might find it encircled with potties.    

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Most of the times I use the Porta Potty's in Buffalo, the weed smell is just as powerful as the urine.  Keep up the good work.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32992761/the-secret-mvp-sports-porta-potty

For each port-a-potty, Cansdale must replace two rolls of toilet paper from a latched holder, suck out as much as possible from inside the bowl and clean the seat with water and a scrub brush. He gives a quick hand sanitizer check but has never had to refill one at a Bills game. "The truth is, nobody's washing their hands," Cansdale says. "They just want to get in and get out."

Eeeeeeewwwwww!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

A few years ago I took my co worker/ friend to his first Bills game it was the opener against the Jets.

So we were heading to the Bills Store and he had consumed a few beers already and needed to use the facilities.

The row of porta potties in the Bills Lot was his destination.

As we approached them he went to the lot side and I stayed on the street side.

Just by chance a mounted officer approached on my side near the opening .

I asked if he could prank my buddy because it was his first game and seeing as there wasn't much going on yet and he said sure.

He positioned his horse directly in front of my friends stall and when my buddy came out he was nose to nose with this huge horse :)

The look on his face was priceless as he back pedaled almost back in side....the cop was laughing and so was I we both shot each other a thumbs up.

He still laughs about it.

• Awesome! (+1) 4

i go to a yearly guys weekend in the alleghany's, i'm usually the first to arrive so i get to greet the porta potty guy to get him to set up the 4-5 units we need.  I always enjoy speaking with him because he has such a cool attitude, much like they point out in the article.  Guy just doing his job, nothing more, nothing less.  Oh and we have no choice to deuce in them, we are down to 1 outhouse and 1 plumbed bathroom that 90% of us aren't allowed to use, unless you are usually the first to arrive, then you get free reign until everyone else shows up 🙂

What got me is that each guy has 40 crappers to take care of and did i read, within 90 minutes?????

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

I think port a potties are the most disgusting things on earth.  In a pinch, I will use one to pee.  But I will NEVER poop in one.  Never.

I'll take a dump in one when camping at a music festival because holding it for three days is pretty uncomfortable. But I try to time it so it's shortly after a cleaning. Luckily, unlike most music fest fans, I'm an early riser and the cleaning trucks usually work early in the mornings.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, WhoTom said:

I'll take a dump in one when camping at a music festival because holding it for three days is pretty uncomfortable. But I try to time it so it's shortly after a cleaning. Luckily, unlike most music fest fans, I'm an early riser and the cleaning trucks usually work early in the mornings.

are you me? am I you? 

21 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Eeeeeeewwwwww!

its how you build up your immunity

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.