Peter King Football Morning in America - Josh Allen edition

CorkScrewHill

He spent a lot of time talking about the Bills and Josh Allen in particular.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/27/colts-covid-josh-allen-bills-nfl-week-16-fmia-peter-king/

My favorite part was his ending haiku .. not that it was a great poem, but because of the truth of it.

The Adieu Haiku

Pats shudder to think:
“Josh Allen twice a year till
Twenty Thirty-Five.”

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Peter King got one thing wrong:

Oddly, Allen’s greatest play was a nifty yet awkward run on fourth down in the fourth quarter, soon after the tremendous catch that knocked the wind out of McKenzie. Buffalo up 26-21, fourth-and-one at the Patriots’ 34. New England packed the box. Ten men near the line. Allen play-faked, then bootlegged left, with only linebacker Jamie Collins and corner J.C. Jackson (coming off a block from Diggs) to beat.

Allen needed to get to the New England 33. At the 39, just turning the corner, he juked toward the inside, making Collins uncertain for a millisecond, and then Allen barged ahead, holding the ball out like that would make Collins and Jackson confused. He barged through the tiny hole between then, and the two Patriots knocked into each other like they were two of the Three Stooges. (History, kids.) First down. The play:

He made them look like Keystone Kops  Yeah I am dating myself.

• Haha (+1) 3

Hey guys, it's a positive write up on the Bills defense and Leslie Frazier.  I'm posting this to upset some people on here.

"Another idiotic post by the media.  They don't know what they're talking about...the Pats scored 3 times!!"

Coach of the Week

Leslie Frazier, defensive coordinator, Buffalo. Notice something different about Mac Jones on Sunday? He was never comfortable. The Bills’ varied rush had Jones hopping around and out of the pocket consistently, and the Bills’ secondary had answers for Jones and his targets all day. Good game plan by a coach who has formed an excellent bond with coach Sean McDermott and knows what buttons to push at different times of the game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

My favorite part of that was Frank Reich's reply to hearing that the Colts starting guard Quenton Nelson was out due to Covid:

Okay (Pause) We're good.

Love that guy.

He's a great leader. You could tell he was miffed, but he had to dial it in and be positive. 

McD is the same way; similar demeanors.

• Like (+1) 2

I also agree 100% with what Peter King wrote here (I'm done with Beasley, I can't believe he's blaming the rules for being out):

"I think the Bills are lucky the Cole Beasley and Gabriel Davis absences didn’t kill their chances in New England. Both are unvaccinated. Not only did Beasley test positive last week—meaning he had to miss a minimum of 10 days before being allowed to test back onto the team—but also he had the gall to blame the NFL for being out. “Just to be clear Covid is not keeping me out of this game,” Beasley wrote on Instagram. “The rules are.” That’s like saying, To be clear, testing positive for a communicable disease is not keeping me out of this game. An NFL rule that I knew all about and risked being able to steer clear of is. Beasley played with fire and got burned, and the Bills had to adjust in New England without a key receiver who caught 158 passes since opening day 2020. Good for the Bills that Isaiah McKenzie played the game of his life replacing Beasley. And hearing Chris Mortensen’s report that Beasley has been fined “in the range of $100,000” this season for Covid violations has to make the Bills wonder why they’re hanging onto an insubordinate player, no matter his football value."

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Vomit 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I also agree 100% with this (I'm done with Beasley, I can't believe he's blaming the rules for being out):

I think the Bills are lucky the Cole Beasley and Gabriel Davis absences didn’t kill their chances in New England. Both are unvaccinated. Not only did Beasley test positive last week—meaning he had to miss a minimum of 10 days before being allowed to test back onto the team—but also he had the gall to blame the NFL for being out. “Just to be clear Covid is not keeping me out of this game,” Beasley wrote on Instagram. “The rules are.” That’s like saying, To be clear, testing positive for a communicable disease is not keeping me out of this game. An NFL rule that I knew all about and risked being able to steer clear of is. Beasley played with fire and got burned, and the Bills had to adjust in New England without a key receiver who caught 158 passes since opening day 2020. Good for the Bills that Isaiah McKenzie played the game of his life replacing Beasley. And hearing Chris Mortensen’s report that Beasley has been fined “in the range of $100,000” this season for Covid violations has to make the Bills wonder why they’re hanging onto an insubordinate player, no matter his football value.

He should've simply said "I'm asymptomatic."

I don't feel good about the future slot WR position either way. McKenzie can play great at times, but he’s not consistent. They should be looking for new options this offseason.

• Agree 2

Just now, LeGOATski said:

He should've simply said "I'm asymptomatic."

I don't feel good about the future slot WR position either way. McKenzie can play great at times, but he’s not consistent. They should be looking for new options this offseason.

I'm not sure what you mean by inconsistent.  All the guy does is make plays.  He had one negative play yesterday when the blocking broke down on a jet sweep.  Dude has always balled out given the chance.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm not sure what you mean by inconsistent.  All the guy does is make plays.  He had one negative play yesterday when the blocking broke down on a jet sweep.  Dude has always balled out given the chance.

Not really. If he "always balled out," then he would essentially be Cole Beasley. He'd be considered one of the best slot WRs in the NFL. He doesn't always ball out. I love his potential and the dynamic he brings to the offense, but he is inconsistent.

I'm not writing him off. He's just hitting his prime now. But they still have to look at other options with Beasley's Bills future in question. 

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

Just wanted to bump this and say that anyone who hasn't read at least the Bills section of this article yet should do so. Good reading!

I think this is part of the "Allen for MVP" media campaign tour. They gushed about him on Sunday Night Football, too. Maybe it's just NBC that loves him. But if he is phenomenal over these last two games, then I imagine other outlets jumping on board and Josh will be up there with Rodgers/Mahomes/Brady in MVP votes.

1 hour ago, CorkScrewHill said:

He spent a lot of time talking about the Bills and Josh Allen in particular.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/27/colts-covid-josh-allen-bills-nfl-week-16-fmia-peter-king/

My favorite part was his ending haiku .. not that it was a great poem, but because of the truth of it.

The Adieu Haiku

Pats shudder to think:
“Josh Allen twice a year till
Twenty Thirty-Five.”

Hey, maybe Buffalo vs. New England is about to be turned into a real rivalry.

Give them a taste of their own medicine with the Brady domination.  

This reminds me of the  Bills, when we finally beat the Miami Dolphins in the '80s and then turned the tables on them, dominating throughout the Kelly/Marino era, after having been owned through the '70s.

37 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I also agree 100% with this (I'm done with Beasley, I can't believe he's blaming the rules for being out):

I think the Bills are lucky the Cole Beasley and Gabriel Davis absences didn’t kill their chances in New England. Both are unvaccinated. Not only did Beasley test positive last week—meaning he had to miss a minimum of 10 days before being allowed to test back onto the team—but also he had the gall to blame the NFL for being out. “Just to be clear Covid is not keeping me out of this game,” Beasley wrote on Instagram. “The rules are.” That’s like saying, To be clear, testing positive for a communicable disease is not keeping me out of this game. An NFL rule that I knew all about and risked being able to steer clear of is. Beasley played with fire and got burned, and the Bills had to adjust in New England without a key receiver who caught 158 passes since opening day 2020. Good for the Bills that Isaiah McKenzie played the game of his life replacing Beasley. And hearing Chris Mortensen’s report that Beasley has been fined “in the range of $100,000” this season for Covid violations has to make the Bills wonder why they’re hanging onto an insubordinate player, no matter his football value.

Mods, I’m pre-removing a reply to this for you, but he had best be getting the same warning I would.

17 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Mods, I’m pre-removing a reply to this for you, but he had best be getting the same warning I would.

In fairness I have received the dreaded Covid warning but all Freddie’s Dead did was quote Peter King verbatim from the original article and said he agreed .. so that may not be the same

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Not to comment on his vaccine stance but what he was correctly trying to raise attention to is plenty of vaccinated players are probably Covid positive right now and playing because they are not tested frequently. They really should be testing everyone again 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Not really. If he "always balled out," then he would essentially be Cole Beasley. He'd be considered one of the best slot WRs in the NFL. He doesn't always ball out. I love his potential and the dynamic he brings to the offense, but he is inconsistent.

We're going to disagree here.  It's not McKittrick's fault that he doesn't get snaps, but when he does, he makes the most of them.  McD decided to bench him for the fumble against the Colts, which took away his entire dimension from the team.  

34 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

the c word is part of life.  It’s part of the NFL. it’s part of the Bills.   not sure why it should not be part of the discussion. Even if people have different opinions.  Even if people reach different conclusions from the same fact set. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.