Poll - Are you rooting for the Colts to win or lose against the Pats

BillsFan619

Poll - Are you rooting for the Colts to win or lose against the Pats?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Poll - Are you rooting for the Colts to win or lose against the Pats?

• I’m rooting for the Colts to win
    • I’m rooting for the Colts to lose
    • I can’t decide - I see the positives of both outcomes

8 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah I don't get it. Unless I'm missing something, it's like they want 6th seed from Colts instead of winning division. I don't get the logic, but anyways.....

It’s a chicken little viewpoint, the mystique of the hoodie continues on and lives rent free in their heads. The Bills can beat the Pats and beat them handily. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’ve read the scenarios, but that screams we accepting the Pats are better than us and can’t beat them.  I disagree with that supposition.  40 mph gusts was more detrimental to us.  Everyone knows our strength is the pass and weakness is the run. Everyone also knows the Pats strength is the run and that massive O Line, and weakness is the pass.  Foxborough is not known for the heavy winds in the Southtowns of OP.

When that inexperienced rookie faces our #1 defense, and we go with safety blitzes from different angles, we will stress his skills.  So my bottom line is I want to see the Colts and JT run for 200 yards tonight.  My girl doesn’t know I moved our dinner reservation for a holiday dinner from 7 to 6 so we can get back for the game, or at least the 2nd half.

I do think Mitch should play tomorrow as we don’t need a little problem with Josh’s foot to become a bigger problem.  I’d love it if we get a surprise tomorrow and Josh stays on the sidelines and was just a fake out to Rhuke and company.  Mitch can win this game.

I certainly don’t believe the Pats are better, weather is the great equalizer. 

Is there a question Mitch won’t play?  Also, Josh has to play, or my fantasy playoffs go kaput! Also, it sounds like he’s fine.

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I don't see where you think this makes sense...what is it that you're coming up with that makes you think Pats win is what makes the most sense to you? I honestly don't understand...I mean Pats lose then play Bills following week and winner is in 1st place in division.

So you want the 6th seed instead of the division? That's what it seems like reading this.

I would like to win the division, sure. But I am not sure it makes that much difference to this Bills team as currently constituted. They are a bit jekyll and hyde and it just depends which team shows up. So most of all I want to safeguard a spot in the dance and then just hope the Bills can find their best form in the playoffs. This is a team that can win in Kansas City and lose in Jacksonville. I don't think it matters if week 1 of the playoffs is home to Indy or on the road at Tennessee. It is one and the same to me at this point. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I would like to win the division, sure. But I am not sure it makes that much difference to this Bills team as currently constituted. They are a bit jekyll and hyde and it just depends which team shows up. So most of all I want to safeguard a spot in the dance and then just hope the Bills can find their best form in the playoffs. This is a team that can win in Kansas City and lose in Jacksonville. I don't think it matters if week 1 of the playoffs is home to Indy or on the road at Tennessee. It is one and the same to me at this point. 

Yea well either way Bills got to win to get in, need Colts win against Pats then following week Colts play Cards which easily could be a loss. So I want the 26th rematch with Pats to be for the division lead. If Bills beat Pats and take lead that leaves Atl and Jets. If it goes that way then no reason Bills don't win out. That way we avoid that 1st round possibility of seeing Tenn

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

If the Bills win out this game doesn't matter.

Thats why I voted

I can’t decide - I see the positives of both outcomes

Easy decision when it's the Pats....Lol never root for a Pats win under any circumstance ever.....If anything that itself is easy to decide no matter the outcomes 

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

simply impossible to root for the Pats under any circumstance.  Is what it is.   Not physically or psychologically possible.  

Exactly, and a Pats loss is much better than Colts loss anyways.... Assuming Bills beat Panthers (which they ***** better).If Colts lose then Bills just move to 6th seed,. If Pats lose then the following week vs Bills will be a winner gets division lead and very likely will be division champs.

57 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yea well either way Bills got to win to get in, need Colts win against Pats then following week Colts play Cards which easily could be a loss. So I want the 26th rematch with Pats to be for the division lead. If Bills beat Pats and take lead that leaves Atl and Jets. If it goes that way then no reason Bills don't win out. That way we avoid that 1st round possibility of seeing Tenn

I do see that perspective. It just isn't the way I look at it and that isn't because I am defeatist. It is just because I think the Bills are so up and down I don't know that home / away, good opponent or easier opponent matters that much. It will come down to us and how we play.  

4 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

If you had to choose a playoff opponent between Patriots and Colts, which would you choose?  Does that impact your answer to this question in any way?

I'd rather play New England. Jonathan Taylor scares the ***** out of me. Even more so than Henry. I think he is an incredible player.

32 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd rather play New England. Jonathan Taylor scares the ***** out of me. Even more so than Henry. I think he is an incredible player.

This is exactly the issue first came to mind when I read the OP question.  I HATE NE as much as anyone could.  But I'm also pragmatic in that I don't mind seeing the Colts taken out.  I love Frank Reich.  He is a wonderful man.  I wish him success.  And I most definitely prefer not to face his team again this year.  They are kryptonite for this year's Buffalo Bills.  Nothing personal...  

And that is the point that I wrestle with and what makes this Pats/Colts game so interesting.  It's easy to hate that Pats and let everything flow from there.  But if I stand in the future... say its early March and Bills fans, Patriots fans and football fans in general look back on the season, nobody will remember that we won the division if we get bounced by the Colts early and NE goes on a deep run.  And on the flip side, nobody will remember or care if NE won the division if we bounce them from the playoffs.  Does anybody still remember or even care that Miami won the division in 1992?  Nope.  What we remember is the Houston comeback, the road win with with Frank the following week in Pittsburgh, and beating the Fish in Miami in the AFCCG and going to the Super Bowl that year.  And then the screen just goes black, kind of like the final episode of The Sopranos.  Don't stop believing...

Edited by cwater10

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Easy decision when it's the Pats....Lol never root for a Pats win under any circumstance ever.....If anything that itself is easy to decide no matter the outcomes 

You see on the one hand it hurts the Bills WC chances on the other the hatred runs deep.

I want my cake and eat it too ;)

Hedge the bet on the WC just in case we don`t win out.

Its kind of like rooting for the Cowgirls you hate them but sometimes a win helps your Team  :)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.