If the Bills re-sign Edmunds, they're stupid.

damj

39 minutes ago, DJB said:

Always thought that Milano and Edmunds needed to swap spots. Milano is far better at sticking his nose in and shedding blocks and making those tough tackles. Edmunds needs to be moved to OLB but he CANNOT return on a long term deal as our MLB.

I agree. But ideally, shouldn't all linebackers have Milano's mentality?

To me it just seems like a prerequisite. It's what frustrates me the most about Edmunds

Edited by FormerlyPT5P
  • Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I would sign him to the Milano deal but that would be as high as I went. His instincts are not good, he never hits the right rushing gap and he gets thrown around when he is near the LOS. You are basically signing a LB who is good in coverage and that’s it. He doesn’t create many turnovers and he doesn’t get sacks. The only thing that he has working for him is that he is young and will probably get a little better. 

never will understand the thought.
 The player is either worth keeping or not.

and he is ONLY worth keeping if he is worth paying.
Milano is fine example.

If a player is Okay ? He is not nearly good enough.

Role players can live near vet min.

If Mc Beanes need to adjust away from Tremaine over next two years? I would not fault them.
MLB really should should be able to blow a RB out of his socks before he reaches the line of scrimmage.

and should be feared.

Klein his second season here made big plays
I like that red haired lunatic who excels on teams lined up on run plays.

Killer attitude 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

well, we have the rest of this season and hopefully playoffs to get a final 4 year grade on edumnds.  he has the attributes physically to be really good or great, but his skills and his mind are very much in question.

part of the issue w how mcd runs his d (which has had great success here and in other places, so you can't just say blow it all up right now) is he demands such a variety of skills from his LBs, puts his DBs in an advantage position (which is great) and needs his DL to be endlessly running so he wants basically 8 starters there (mad expensive, and in our case we have two lines of solid back ups, but lacking in top notch talent and just a dearth of physicality).  so while i'd love to see edmunds upgraded, im not sure who can come along and be the keuchly for us.

18 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

never will understand the thought.
 The player is either worth keeping or not.

and he is ONLY worth keeping if he is worth paying.
Milano is fine example.

If a player is Okay ? He is not nearly good enough.

Role players can live near vet min.

If Mc Beanes need to adjust away from Tremaine over next two years? I would not fault them.
MLB really should should be able to blow a RB out of his socks before he reaches the line of scrimmage.

and should be feared.

Klein his second season here made big plays
I like that red haired lunatic who excels on teams lined up on run plays.

Killer attitude 

He is only 23 years old and still has room to grow. I keep forgetting how young he was when he entered the NFL. I feel like with the right contact he is worth the risk to see if he can turn into a elite NFL mlb. 

On 12/16/2021 at 9:12 AM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I would sign him to the Milano deal but that would be as high as I went. His instincts are not good, he never hits the right rushing gap and he gets thrown around when he is near the LOS. You are basically signing a LB who is good in coverage and that’s it. He doesn’t create many turnovers and he doesn’t get sacks. The only thing that he has working for him is that he is young and will probably get a little better. 

He's not even worth Milano money. He does 50% of his job well on pass coverage.  Whoopdedo.....last I checked there's still alot of NFL teams not afraid to run the ball down our throat.  Not so Tremainedous just sucks at all aspects of run support. And therefore he's a liability. If he wants to try OLB for under $10M fine?

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/17/2021 at 2:53 PM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

He is only 23 years old and still has room to grow. I keep forgetting how young he was when he entered the NFL. I feel like with the right contact he is worth the risk to see if he can turn into a elite NFL mlb. 

False narrative C O K
plenty of time
he is not instinctual as to where the ball is or where the play is going. And will not play downhill to blow up the RB and or play. He plays horizontally and arm tackles
 Not a hater

But absolutely want a new MLB this off season

On 12/17/2021 at 5:16 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

He's not even worth Milano money. He does 50% of his job well on pass coverage.  Whoopdedo.....last I checked there's still alot of NFL teams not afraid to run the ball down our throat.  Not so Tremainedous just sucks at all aspects of run support. And therefore he's a liability. If he wants to try OLB for under $10M fine?

Thing is , he tries to do exactly what is asked of him.
 even when it is certainly needed he need to get off the block and make the play.
he must have weak legs   lol cause he cannot drive a blocker backward

ever

• Agree 1

Barkevious Mingo was also a monster athlete. I really don't want to hear about it if that's his best attribute.

Pretty sure Ray Lewis would have still been an elite LB if he was an average athlete. His aggressive mentality and football instincts were really what separated him.

I also think there's plenty more Jon Beasley's and London Fletchers that get criminally overlooked compared to the Edmunds and Mingo's of the world.

To summarize, I think a good LB's best attribute is how well they can play football. 

Edited by FormerlyPT5P

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Edmunds played great again today and more people gushing over him.  Just saying

Can’t remember a more hated/bashed bill who is actually good that contributes greatly in numerous ways to the number one yards and scoring defense 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Pbomb said:

Can’t remember a more hated/bashed bill who is actually good that contributes greatly in numerous ways to the number one yards and scoring defense 

Ya.  If he was picked in 2nd he'd be loved.  It's the trade up everyone hates

Just now, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I’ll rewatch the game, but that vaunted jet offense doesn’t exactly make me hopeful that TE is a stud. 

You do realize all the experts think he's great right.  Jets coach gushed over him.  Announcers today gushed.  Every week someone does.  Maybe we should resign Brandon spikes as it seems that's what people think linebackers should be.    

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

You do realize all the experts think he's great right.  Jets coach gushed over him.  Announcers today gushed.  Every week someone does.  Maybe we should resign Brandon spikes as it seems that's what people think linebackers should be.    

How dare you post this. Random TBD members who spend their afternoons drinking 40s know far more than paid NFL coaches, pundits, and former players. Didn’t you get the message? The truly informed know Tremaine is a horrible player.

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

As I said, I’ll rewatch the game and make my assessment.  Somewhat difficult to do being at the stadium. I’ll make my own judgment and not rely on these “experts” you speak of. 

Edmunds played pretty well today against a putrid depleted Jets offense. The good offenses take adavantage of Edmunds overpursuit and lack of physicality.  Edmunds is a tremendous ath,lete that looks good at times but the lack of instinct, physicality, and inabilty to get off blocks will always hold him back from being a complete LB.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Edmunds is huge to this defense. It took me understanding his role. The run game shot is annoying.

But him being a giant fn human obstacle in passing lanes is a MUST in mcds unit. He's basically the biggest zone db smack dab in the middle. 

Champ Baileys stat line used to loom like he didn't play... same thing here. His shortcoming are glaring, but the things that DON'T happen because of him are harder to see.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

As I said, I’ll rewatch the game and make my assessment.  Somewhat difficult to do being at the stadium. I’ll make my own judgment and not rely on these “experts” you speak of. 

That’s the problem here, though

Edited by ctk232
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.