That was not a Football Game Last Night - Weather ruined it

Billsfan1972

I had a thread locked saying how depressed the weather forecast had me when I saw it last week and lo & behold it ruined the game yesterday.

It was not fun to watch (win or lose) and please no platitudes to BB, it was a lousy game.  

Cold weather, while unpleasant can still be handled.  Some rain too you can work around.  A snow game when your team is playing for little can be fun to watch.

But a crucial Monday night game where the wind is howling just sucked the life out of last night.

Oh and Daboll's play calling and red zone offense has been terrible all year.  How about one play that you've been working on all year when you need it?  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

A friend called me from the West coast after the game.  He's an NFL fan but not a Bills fan.  He said watching the game was brutal and the NFL should postpone games in conditions like that.  Said it takes all the athletes and skill out of the game and no team should run 45 times and pass 3.   I didn't love the game of course, but disagreed with his opinion.

• Like (+1) 6

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I had a thread locked saying how depressed the weather forecast had me when I saw it last week and lo & behold it ruined the game yesterday.

It was not fun to watch (win or lose) and please no platitudes to BB, it was a lousy game.  

Cold weather, while unpleasant can still be handled.  Some rain too you can work around.  A snow game when your team is playing for little can be fun to watch.

But a crucial Monday night game where the wind is howling just sucked the life out of last night.

Oh and Daboll's play calling and red zone offense has been terrible all year.  How about one play that you've been working on all year when you need it?  

Hopefully Terry and Kim agree with you. 

16 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Said it takes all the athletes and skill out of the game and no team should run 45 times and pass 3. 

I agree. It took away most of the reasons fans (not Bills/Pats fans, just football fans) want to watch a game for a division lead.

Having said that, if you told me an NFL team would completely abandon the pass I'd have told you they'd average about 2 yards per carry.

The Pats averaged 4.8

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, zow2 said:

A friend called me from the West coast after the game.  He's an NFL fan but not a Bills fan.  He said watching the game was brutal and the NFL should postpone games in conditions like that.  Said it takes all the athletes and skill out of the game and no team should run 45 times and pass 3.   I didn't love the game of course, but disagreed with his opinion.

Your friend was absolutely right.  I was already dreading the game and lived up to expectations.  No fun at all.

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

I agree. It took away most of the reasons fans (not Bills/Pats fans, just football fans) want to watch a game for a division lead.

Having said that, if you told me an NFL team would completely abandon the pass I'd have told you they'd average about 2 yards per carry.

The Pats averaged 4.8

The fourth down qb sneak, I saw his knee on the ground.  That was the difference.

Regardless if the bills won 16-14, I'd have felt the exact same.

23 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I agree if i was not a bills or Pats fan, that game woulda been tough to watch. Run after run is just boring. Plus the final score was 14-10, not exactly thrilling 

27 minutes ago, BTB said:

Have no fear…Pegula is on the phone this morning with the architect.  They are dusting off the plans for a fixed roof stadium. 

They've got plans for both options. I want to hear the reason why they choose open air if that's what they do.

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I agree if i was not a bills or Pats fan, that game woulda been tough to watch. Run after run is just boring. Plus the final score was 14-10, not exactly thrilling 

The big excuse I always hear is there's only a couple games like that a year. Well we only play 8-9 home games. That's a big % of games screwed up by weather. 

36 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Football is meant to be played in the elements .   No reason to call the game unless there is health and safety type threat.    You are just putting up another LAMP.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, prissythecat said:

Football is meant to be played in the elements .   No reason to call the game unless there is health and safety type threat.    You are just putting up another LAMP.

Get lost.....  Really I posted my opinion on yesterday's game and that it was borderline unwatchable.

Looking for opinions.  You liked the game & conditions, good for you.

I find it sad that this seems an annual occurrence for the Bills.

Interesting stat they threw up about the least passes in NFL games & of course the Bills involved in almost everyone.

No I do not miss the Joe Ferguson 12 passes/game era either.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Get lost.....  Really I posted my opinion on yesterday's game and that it was borderline unwatchable.

Looking for opinions.  You liked the game & conditions, good for you.

I find it sad that this seems an annual occurrence for the Bills.

Interesting stat they threw up about the least passes in NFL games & of course the Bills involved in almost everyone.

No I do not miss the Joe Ferguson 12 passes/game era either.

I feel sorry for someone like you who has very little self awareness on this board.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They've got plans for both options. I want to hear the reason why they choose open air if that's what they do.

You can bet your life savings that if it is an open air stadium, the answer will be “we surveyed our fans and this is what they preferred”. 

Edited by BTB

5 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

I feel sorry for someone like you who has very little self awareness on this board.

I don’t know about his other posts, but I’m not quite sure what you see as his problem in this thread.  

what is it? The fact that he prefers to watch a different game than you do?  Fwiw, all of my non bills fan friends were also bored out of their minds watching the game last night.  It wasn’t entertaining.  It was extremely boring and certainly not  “entertainment”.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.