Anyone else think that for this team this is the ideal playoff scenario?

transplantbillsfan

11 minutes ago, clearwater cadet said:

I think we need to start worrying about making the playoffs, and not worrying about who we play.

Seriously, we need to evaluate our cut list. They need to forget about playoffs or Superbowl and start playing for their jobs. Starting today. It's painfully obvious, but this roster is not going anywhere. Shame, really. They could've had it all.

• Sad 1

Unfortunately, it has become plain to see that playoffs are not what this season is about.  Whether or not The Buffalo Bills make the playoffs, this season has shown itself to be about other things.  It is 1989 all over again.  The analogy seems almost too easy to call out, probably because it really is and it has become that obvious.  Sorry... I'm as disappointed as any of you, but this season is likely not going to end the way that we would all like.  This team still has some significant growth to do and the past 13 weeks have revealed that to be what this season is all about.

This hope dousing downer of a season is about learning that the road to the post season is not a red carpet, rolled out by preseason visionaries.  It is about developing mental toughness and grit.  It is about learning from tough losses.  It is about committing to, and becoming obsessed with winning.  Back then (1989) there was a mental softness about the team.  There was distraction with self inflicted internal strife and egos.  Now there are vaccine distractions and social media obsessions.  Pick your own villains and storylines.  They are just symptoms and not the real story.   That real story is about finding which players  are capable of stepping up in big moments and which are not.  It's about letting go of some Ronnie Harmons and finding some Glen Parkers, some guys with heart, and some guys with talent AND character.  It's about finding an identity on the field that can sustain.  It is about building a roster based upon physical strength on both lines.  My best hope right now is what we are seeing on the field is THAT process already in motion.  It would be a nice consolation to make the playoffs for the 4th time in five seasons.  But still, without the necessary ingredients to win when there, there is more value to be found in finding solutions to the puzzles that we all see on the field right now.  This is team has been good, but you have to be blind not to see them in a broken state at this moment.  It is time to acknowledge, at least internally, that the feel good storylines of 2019 and 2020 are done.  Expectations have not been me.  The road to a championship is never totally linear.  Will this management team recognize that this is not a bad game, or a disappointing season as much as an inflection point for the fortunes of the franchise in seasons ahead?  Let's hope so.  Time to move forward.  

Does it feel like a lot to do it one off season?  It does.  It is.  Lets see what you got McBeane

obviously i want my team to win it all, but at this juncture i can't say the bills deserve to be in the playoffs.  we are just can crushers who fold hard when it gets tough.  mcd bills teams have had this every season, every season we get just trashed in a game or two where it all falls apart.  we don't make adjustments (in fact, the coaches have said they don't really plan them, lest it lowers confidence in what the game plan was) and we make dumb mistakes.  the drops last night, 49 and even poyer getting the gap wrong, running backs who might be blind just running into their own linemen.

this is not a prepared team on a week to week basis.  this isn't good football.

10 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Everyone has given up on the game next week already it seems so we’re viewing it as 7-6 

Everyone?  Who is everyone?  You?

Next week's game is a warm weather game that plays to our strengths.

I'm not absolutely convinced we win, but next week's game is very winnable.

9 hours ago, DrPJax said:

TBH, not making the playoffs , which will represent a historic collapse , may be the best for this teams long term future. We are talent deficient along the lines, rb position , and a true edge rusher.   We have no ability to run and we can’t stop the run. We are not advancing with a team that has no ability to win from behind. By not making the playoffs we draft higher, and I think it forces mcds hand to change the o coordinator to someone who csn design a running attack in ADDITION to making the most of Josh’s talents!   A change is needed. The o is stagnant or even worse than last year. Losing to a rookie Qb at home in December who threw 3 passes is inexcusable!   Next week will probably be a significant beat down by Brady. If we don’t want to waste our talented QB, we need new creativity 

10 points at home will e a loss almost always. Weather or not, that was an embarrassing performance and historical type of loss. The coaching was difficult to explain or rationalize.    Actually , missing the playoffs may force some changes that are good in the long run !  Love the Bills, but this team has big issues, had regressed and we need to finally get answers to fix this. 

What a joke.  You're basically choosing drafting a few positions higher to miss the playoffs.  So stupid.

If we end the year strong, get into the playoffs, and have some games where our offense looks more like it has in our wins than losses, Daboll is likely gone anyway because some stupid team will hire him as a Head Coach.  That resolves half your post here, yet you want to lose and miss the playoffs in order to draft a few positions higher?

So dumb.

11 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Buffalo is the #6 seed @LA, LV, or IND.

KC or TN are the 7 seed.

NE is somewhere in there

All good weather or dome games. 

Win and play one of the other 2 teams on the road after they win their round 1 game. Win and play the remaining team on the road after they win 2 playoff games.

3 warm weather/dome games. That's what this team has demonstrated it needs, unfortunately. Super Bowl is guaranteed good weather... so we'd have a shot.

I no longer think the 1st round bye is important to this team... at least not as much as good weather for GameDay.

I still think we make the playoffs, but weather officially scares me.

The weather was warm in Jacksonville baby.

11 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Buffalo is the #6 seed @LA, LV, or IND.

KC or TN are the 7 seed.

NE is somewhere in there

All good weather or dome games. 

Win and play one of the other 2 teams on the road after they win their round 1 game. Win and play the remaining team on the road after they win 2 playoff games.

3 warm weather/dome games. That's what this team has demonstrated it needs, unfortunately. Super Bowl is guaranteed good weather... so we'd have a shot.

I no longer think the 1st round bye is important to this team... at least not as much as good weather for GameDay.

I still think we make the playoffs, but weather officially scares me.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611caaa4befed0d9c4a52

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Because we watch the games. The Bills have beaten one good team all year and that was without their best player on defense. How hard is this board to understand that this team is really bad. If they played Miami now they lose. They lost to Jacksonville. They just lost at home to a rookie QB that threw the ball 3 times. What do you think is going to happen in Tampa? 
I was still buying the hype and thought Allen would get the win. But McDumbass let Daboll keep running the ball. Now the season is over. They should sit Edmunds so he doesn’t get hurt and trade him in the off season. He was the worst player on the field 

Wait... so Miami is good now but not the 2 times we crushed them?

KC wasn't really very good because they were missing a single player?

Weren't we missing our best run blocking guard last night and our All-Pro CB?  Weren't we missing a bunch of players vs. Indy and Jax?  Have we been blown out in multiple games or was it just the one?  Against the Titans and Pats, weren't we in position to score a go-ahead TD at the end of the game but for a banana peel slip and stone-hands Knox?

The season isn't over and, respectfully, it's moronic to say that.  We still play the Pats once and they have one more loss in the division.  They have as much potential to lose another game outside of Buffalo's game against them so if the Bills were to beat the Pats and win their week 17 game vs. the Jets--do you expect otherwise?--we would hold any tiebreaker for the division.

I'm irritated and frustrated about yesterday, but you aren't paying attention to the AFC or the NFL as a whole if you think the season is over.

7 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Brady and Tampa will tear us apart. Sorry three more wins max is what I foresee

dude I really hope you are wrong. after yesterday all looks kinda gray and tending towards black if you could color optimism ...Im into visuals lol

reminisning today aint looking pretty we have eyes we saw it... not goona lie..this team needs a convincing win and get some swagger back or they are EL SUNKO

m

I want to beat the Patriots in the playoffs.  Preferably in OP.  But It would be fun to win in Foxboro too.  

Bills need to beat them when it counts. If they lose to NE in playoffs will be gut wrenching.  Better to have the opportunity, than just to fade away against a lesser opponent.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

This team has serious talent and coaching flaws, playoffs are likely not in the cards this season. The teams conference record is likely to squash any tiebreakers even if they are even with other "in the hunt, teams at seasons end.

This is a hard truth that came earlier than most fans expected because we're so focused on a magical number of losses. I agree that we need to play away in a dome or warm weather because cold obviously hurts us, rain makes us fumble, and snow is just what keeps our driveway pretty. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.