Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Aren't you the least bit skeptical about these types of reports?  Maybe it was stray anti-aircraft fire that missed the target landed elsewhere.    

So you are saying, that we shouldn't blame Russia, because, ya, maybe they fired more missiles at a nation they have invaded, but its Ukraine's fault because of their defensive missiles? 

And you want to give Putin the benefit of the doubt? 

Why? 

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Aren't you the least bit skeptical about these types of reports?  Maybe it was stray anti-aircraft fire that missed the target landed elsewhere.    

I don't think Ukraine is as inept as Russia but I suspect a small percentage of these types of reports were friendly fire, like that strike that wound up in Poland.

Of course it's still Russias fault because UK wouldn't be firing them at all had they not been invaded. 

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I don't think Ukraine is as inept as Russia but I suspect a small percentage of these types of reports were friendly fire, like that strike that wound up in Poland.

Of course it's still Russias fault because UK wouldn't be firing them at all had they not been invaded. 

LOL.  That's like saying J6 was Biden's fault because he won the election.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

LOL.  That's like saying J6 was Biden's fault because he won the election.

Lame.  Everyone not trying to be contrarion, a conspiracy theorist, or a Russian stooge, take your pick, knew this began under false pretenses.  They should not be there.  

13 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Lame.  Everyone not trying to be contrarion, a conspiracy theorist, or a Russian stooge, take your pick, knew this began under false pretenses.  They should not be there.  

People can gather for whatever they want.  It's called freedom.  But when they do stupid ***** like assaulting officers and breaking into the Capitol that they and they alone should be the ones to suffer the consequences.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Do you acknowledge there was armed conflict between ethnic Ukrainian militias and Russian seperatists in Donbas beginning in 2014 until the invasion?  Resulting in about 10,000 deaths.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

3 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Do you acknowledge there was armed conflict between ethnic Ukrainian militias and Russian seperatists in Donbas beginning in 2014 until the invasion?  Resulting in about 10,000 deaths.

Idk about the 10k, plausible I suppose.  There definitely was.  It was not random nor was it simply unhappy ethnic Russians wanting to rejoin the motherland.  It was funded and incited by Vlad.  He's seen Ukraine as the next ripe fruit for plucking from the former Ussr tree for some time.  He should have gone with Moldova but there's not much value there.

36 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Anyone surprised ?

And arrest anyone and outlaw political parties and organizations that are critical of the government.  Protecting democracy is our sacred duty and if we have to violate every principal and belief of democracy to save democracy we will.  And as leader once the dust settles I will relinquish all the power I have acquired, when I see fit.  And not to be a pest, please send more money and weapons.  

All I can say is its quite a complex web of contradictions and inconsistencies we've gotten ourselves into here.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

All for it as long as we don’t have our own men’s boots on the ground give them whatever they want

But

Ukraine needs to understand that they cannot cross russias borders in their defense

There's a lot of support behind that strategy but its not clear what happens when Washington concludes the Russians are going to win the conflict or at the least hold on to the territory they've gained.  What's the policy response, throw in the towel or send in the troops?  Even if you disagree with my conclusions about the potential to "lose" the war, any experienced military planner is going to require it of themselves to game out, foresee, and plan for all contingencies.  Winning, losing, a stalemate, a negotiated settlement, etc.  Like a good football coach you need a solid game plan to address all sorts of contingencies and situations you expect to encounter on the field. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

There's a lot of support behind that strategy but its not clear what happens when Washington concludes the Russians are going to win the conflict or at the least hold on to the territory they've gained.  What's the policy response, throw in the towel or send in the troops?  Even if you disagree with my conclusions about the potential to "lose" the war, any experienced military planner is going to require it of themselves to game out, foresee, and plan for all contingencies.  Winning, losing, a stalemate, a negotiated settlement, etc.  Like a good football coach you need a solid game plan to address all sorts of contingencies and situations you expect to encounter on the field. 

I'm sure there are contingencies for everything.   People seem upset there's no plan.  There is.  They just aren't going to tell us every detail.  That's ok in situations like this.  While I like transparency our interests are put at risk if we give away our gameplan.

30 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

This is just my personal opinion, but based Intel I’ve seen in the past

There will eventually be a line drawn in the sand and lions will be redrawn like they were in the past, possibly with Russia, gaining some ground

Then Ukraine will take up a defensive posture like they had in the past, and will start to rebuild

We will continue to find them with defensive weapons because that’s what’s good for the military industrial complex, and we want Ukraine to be our voice in the region

• Like (+1) 1