Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

Just now, aristocrat said:

you just said previously that we’re pumping money into our economy by arming Ukraine so it helps us but hurts them? Which way is it? 

No I said it's putting SOME of that money back into the economy, so the price tag is very deceiving.  Massive difference.

Russia's Centre for Macroeconomic Analysis and Short-term Forecasting (CAMAC) attributes around 60-65% of increased industrial output in the last two years to the Ukraine conflict.  

All of that is industry that could have been committed to economic growth, but isn't.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

That his weak ass let Iran hit us, and didn't retaliate, because they were supposed to miss.  

OK I'll play, didn't we kill soulmani first and what you're referring to was the retaliation? So we just keep the conflict going?

Just now, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

And this has what to do with putin? Seems like u have a axe to grind with Trump, looking for justification.

I don't like him if that's what you mean, but I'm not slandering the guy.  You're arguing in circles now.  Maybe we just agree to disagree. 

Just now, daz28 said:

I don't like him if that's what you mean, but I'm not slandering the guy.  You're arguing in circles now.  Maybe we just agree to disagree. 

You still have failed to provide any evidence on why putin didn't become an aggressor under the Trump administration. No even a good theory. Agree to disagree then, it's all good.

Just now, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

OK I'll play, didn't we kill soulmani first and what you're referring to was the retaliation? So we just keep the conflict going?

Yes, we hit Soleimani, and then they struck back causing 34 casualties, many of them are still suffering.  He did not strike back.  For all I know the guy made the whole Iran calling him thing up.  He is a pathological liar who loves to talk.  

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

No I said it's putting SOME of that money back into the economy, so the price tag is very deceiving.  Massive difference.

Russia's Centre for Macroeconomic Analysis and Short-term Forecasting (CAMAC) attributes around 60-65% of increased industrial output in the last two years to the Ukraine conflict.  

All of that is industry that could have been committed to economic growth, but isn't.  

Ergo Biden has Putin on the mat, right? 

🤦‍♂️

• Eyeroll 1

Yes, we hit Soleimani, and then they struck back causing 34 casualties, many of them are still suffering.  He did not strike back.  For all I know the guy made the whole Iran calling him thing up.  He is a pathological liar who loves to talk.  

If he did strike back, you could see how the conflict would never end right. I would consider the beef over. We strike, they retaliate end of conflict. Other than that are you suggesting war with iran?

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

Ergo Biden has Putin on the mat, right? 

🤦‍♂️

How's that economy doing?  How's that navy doing?  How's the latest offensive doing, comrade?  Tell Mike Johnson to stop sending alerts to his son about him logging into Hawt Hunter Biden Photos.com, and get busy arming Ukrainian troops, so we can WIN.  Is war and lives the new depth of politics the GQP is wading into?  Wouldn't surprise me, unless it's a fetus.  

8 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

You still have failed to provide any evidence on why putin didn't become an aggressor under the Trump administration. No even a good theory. Agree to disagree then, it's all good.

What's your theory, because he's strong?  Well, I gave you data to show that's not true.  See how this is in a circle?  

5 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

If he did strike back, you could see how the conflict would never end right. I would consider the beef over. We strike, they retaliate end of conflict. Other than that are you suggesting war with iran?

Uh no.  We kill a terrorist, you don't get to harm our troops.  That's weak AF, and Iran is on the LIST.  Shouldn't have missed your miss.  Is that you Jimmy Carter?  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

How's that economy doing?  How's that navy doing?  How's the latest offensive doing, comrade?  Tell Mike Johnson to stop sending alerts to his son about him logging into Hawt Hunter Biden Photos.com, and get busy arming Ukrainian troops, so we can WIN.  Is war and lives the new depth of politics the GQP is wading into?  Wouldn't surprise me, unless it's a fetus.  

What's your theory, because he's strong?  Well, I gave you data to show that's not true.  See how this is in a circle?  

Strong? No smart? Yes.........retaliation would mean war........doesn't seem like a great idea. And what data are u talking about? The point we didn't retaliate the retaliation? I think you should stop for tonight.

4 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Uh no.  We kill a terrorist, you don't get to harm our troops.  That's weak AF, and Iran is on the LIST.  Shouldn't have missed your miss.  Is that you Jimmy Carter?  

So war with iran? Got it.

• Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

How long has Biden had Putin on the mat? How many have died while Biden has had Putin on the mat? How many will still die while Biden has Putin on the mat?

They are all trick questions. Sadly, Putin is not on the mat no matter how much you would like to give Biden credit for having him there. There’s no end in sight. 

1 minute ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Strong? No smart? Yes.........retaliation would mean war........doesn't seem like a great idea. And what data are u talking about? The point we didn't retaliate the retaliation? I think you should stop for tonight.

So we kill Bin Laden, and you're saying we're supposed turn our chin up, and let them have a free shot at our troops?  I'm not the one who's over tired acting like Jimmy Carter here.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

So we kill Bin Laden, and you're saying we're supposed turn our chin up, and let them have a free shot at our troops?  I'm not the one who's over tired acting like Jimmy Carter here.  

Yeah the war on terror went great right?

Once again, none of this has anything to do with putin and Trump. You keep coming back to this like it's some kind of proof that Trump is weak. Believe that if you want, I'm done with this conversation.

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

There’s no end in sight. 

That literally means on the mat.  If I meant we were winning big, I'd have said on the canvas.  You know how we can win faster?  Send them weapons like the ones your insisting we sent to Israel, who could without our support.  We're just making the resolution faster, because of the optics there.  Ukraine though, where we've already committed $100B, lets drag our feet, and let Russia regroup.  MJ is an idiot playing political games over lives.  

3 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Yeah the war on terror went great right?

Once again, none of this has anything to do with putin and Trump. You keep coming back to this like it's some kind of proof that Trump is weak. Believe that if you want, I'm done with this conversation.

Another rare case of Trump doing something right.  Personally, I'm glad Isis is now weak AF now.  Terorism can't stand, so as long as you don't ree-elect idiots like GW, everything will be fine.  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, daz28 said:

That literally means on the mat.  If I meant we were winning big, I'd have said on the canvas.  You know how we can win faster?  Send them weapons like the ones your insisting we sent to Israel, who could without our support.  We're just making the resolution faster, because of the optics there.  Ukraine though, where we've already committed $100B, lets drag our feet, and let Russia regroup.  MJ is an idiot playing political games over lives.  

Another rare case of Trump doing something right.  Personally, I'm glad Isis is now weak AF now.  Terorism can't stand, so as long as you don't ree-elect idiots like GW, everything will be fine.  

Are you trying to jedi mind trick me? Or are u just drunk?

4 minutes ago, daz28 said:

They are done.  Whether or not they win the war too, and make no mistake they are losing.  Their demographics were bad before the war, they are atrocious now.  History may very well show Russia was f'd when they couldn't take Kiev airport and Ukraine held out the first 6 months.  Now they are brilliantly attacking Russias infrastructure/oil.

What will Russia do with their prime age male workforce dead or maimed?   They going to let in mass immigration?  They are done.

• Like (+1) 1

Just for giggles, what would you guys have done if you were president, and Russia attacks Ukraine?  There's pretty much only 2 options: 1)  Beg Congress for money; 2) Go full Chamberlain, and say, "I'm sure he'll stop after Ukraine".  I know what Trump's answer would be:  "He said he'd stop after Ukraine, and I believed him.  I could tell he was telling the truth.  We get along".  

6 minutes ago, daz28 said:

That literally means on the mat.

Right. So by this “logic” could one say that Putin has Biden on the mat and be as equally correct as you believe yourself to be? You would be better off admitting “Biden has Putin on the mat” was, as is common to say these days, inartful 

1 minute ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

They are done.  Whether or not they win the war too, and make no mistake they are losing.  Their demographics were bad before the war, they are atrocious now.  History may very well show Russia was f'd when they couldn't take Kiev airport and Ukraine held out the first 6 months.  Now they are brilliantly attacking Russias infrastructure/oil.

What will Russia do with their prime age male workforce dead or maimed?   They going to let in mass immigration?  They are done.

The oil is the only thing keeping him in it.  Send them more missiles ffs.  My fav part of a bad situation is Putin is getting a face full of American power.  He was crying about Patriots the other day.  Be very scared, Vlad.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just for giggles, what would you guys have done if you were president, and Russia attacks Ukraine?  There's pretty much only 2 options: 1)  Beg Congress for money; 2) Go full Chamberlain, and say, "I'm sure he'll stop after Ukraine".  I know what Trump's answer would be:  "He said he'd stop after Ukraine, and I believed him.  I could tell he was telling the truth.  We get along".  

#2 for sure. Russia is close to being broke and their economy sucks. Even if they took Ukraine and wanted Poland, they most likely couldn't afford it.

34 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

TRUMPY ‼️😂‼️

3 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Right. So by this “logic” could one say that Putin has Biden on the mat and be as equally correct as you believe yourself to be? You would be better off admitting “Biden has Putin on the mat” was, as is common to say these days, inartful 

Yes.  They are on the mat may be the best way to phrase it.  The thing is Biden hasn't lost a single troop.  

17 hours ago, sherpa said:

Let me see now.

A coward.

A liar.

A person with no integrity.

An idiot.

A bullstuffer.

I've probably forgotten a few.

You post nonsense like this all day long, every day.

The claim that any US sitting president in  2017-2021 had anything to do with the negotiated 1997 UK/China Hong Kong thing is just today's idiocy.

You ever wonder why people here are laughing at you, everyday, all the time.

Do you ever wonder how much damage your horsestuff damages your obvious political effort?

You are a net negative, and not by a small margin, on whatever the hell you try to promote.

Calm down, I'm just pointing out you support isolationist. That's just the truth 

11 hours ago, daz28 said:

Yes, they told him where, and told Trump not to move any troops to the area where they were going to "miss".  Again, I have no idea why it's not plastered everywhere, because it should be.  I just read an article the other day, and it did say 100 were actually affected, but I can't find it.  Many still are.  I mean maybe you should listen to the interview again.  

Sorry, I'll need to see proof of this.  Your memory has already proven to be suspect with the "100 dead, no wait, it was 34 with brain injuries."

10 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

If you think Russia is done, what about Ukraine?  I think they're now conscripting old people and women.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Calm down, I'm just pointing out you support isolationist. That's just the truth 

I am always calm.

That nonsense aside, can you point to any post where I have supported "isolationist"?

I have posted on supporting Ukraine and Israel many, many times.

You have devolved from being a silly partisan, through idiotic accusations which you have refused to respond to challenges of, and now writing pure fiction.

Do you honestly fantasize that anyone cares what you post?

You are writing pure imagination.

• Agree 2

27 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I am always calm.

That nonsense aside, can you point to any post where I have supported "isolationist"?

You have devolved from being a silly partisan, through idiotic accusations which you have refused to respond to challenges of, and now writing pure fiction.

As a matter of principle, I ignore anyone that posts in this forum more than say, 10 times in a day. 

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

I am always calm.

Word games now, ok. 

Ya, you support the isolationism GOP in the House. Are you denying that now? 

36 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

As a matter of principle, I ignore anyone that posts in this forum more than say, 10 times in a day. 

Huh? No, this is false and easily provable :doh:

🤣

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Word games now, ok. 

WTF are you getting "isolationism"?  Is that a new Dem talking point?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Sorry, I'll need to see proof of this.  Your memory has already proven to be suspect with the "100 dead, no wait, it was 34 with brain injuries."

My memory is fine.  The updated number was actually 109.  Maybe it's YOUR job to verify YOUR denials of my claims:   

The Defense Department says 45 more U.S. service members have been diagnosed with traumatic brain injuries after Iran's attack on the Ain al-Asad airbase in Iraq last month — raising the total number of troops injured in the ballistic missile strike to 109.

Of those who were injured, 76 have returned to duty. A Pentagon statement about the injuries did not include details about the service members, such as their age, rank or military unit.

Monday's update is at least the fifth time the U.S. has revised the number of personnel injured during the Iranian attack.

President Trump initially reported no U.S. troops were injured. "No Americans were harmed in last night's attack by the Iranian regime," Trump said shortly after the strike. He added, "We suffered no casualties."  -Lies to cover up his massive blunder, that SHOULD be all over the airwaves. 

As for your proof:  How could Iran tell Trump where not to move troops to if the intention was to miss them?  Are you even trying to use your brain???  

Edited by daz28

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Word games now, ok. 

Huh? No, this is false and easily provable :doh:

🤣

I am not going to continue to respond to your fiction.

What I have said about 50 times, and even linked to an intelligent discussion on the subject, far more cogently made than anything you are capable of, is that I fully support Ukranian aid, and Israel aid.

Complex bills that include bundles of different provisions ie., Ukraine and Israel aid and border issues all tied together obfuscate the issues.

You suffer from the Biden syndrome, which is leading to extremely an obvious, continued cognitive decline at an accelerating rate, full of fantasies that anyone cares or is influenced.

Not fun to watch, and not interested in responding to your fiction.

28 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It's what your MAGA party is. 

Ah, so, from nowhere.  Got it.

27 minutes ago, daz28 said:

My memory is fine.  The updated number was actually 109.  Maybe it's YOUR job to verify YOUR denials of my claims:   

The Defense Department says 45 more U.S. service members have been diagnosed with traumatic brain injuries after Iran's attack on the Ain al-Asad airbase in Iraq last month — raising the total number of troops injured in the ballistic missile strike to 109.

Of those who were injured, 76 have returned to duty. A Pentagon statement about the injuries did not include details about the service members, such as their age, rank or military unit.

Monday's update is at least the fifth time the U.S. has revised the number of personnel injured during the Iranian attack.

President Trump initially reported no U.S. troops were injured. "No Americans were harmed in last night's attack by the Iranian regime," Trump said shortly after the strike. He added, "We suffered no casualties."  -Lies to cover up his massive blunder, that SHOULD be all over the airwaves. 

As for your proof:  How could Iran tell Trump where not to move troops to if the intention was to miss them?  Are you even trying to use your brain???  

Yeah, no, your brain isn't fine.  Just a couple pages ago you said "100 American casualties."  Now you're saying there wasn't even 1 casualty, they were brain injuries and 70% have returned to work?  

Again, if there was any proof that Trump knew where they were going to attack and allowed it, he would have been strung-up by now.  You know it, I know it and everyone knows it.  They're not "waiting" for some magical moment to whip it out.

30 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Complex bills that include bundles of different provisions ie., Ukraine and Israel aid and border issues all tied together obfuscate the issues.

While this is true, it's extremely common for it to happen in Congress, because that's how you get compromise.  If a rep is completely against aid to Ukraine, but for aid for Israel, the compromise is what keeps both sides from just negating each others bills every single time.   That's how politics works.  

18 minutes ago, daz28 said:

While this is true, it's extremely common for it to happen in Congress, because that's how you get compromise.  If a rep is completely against aid to Ukraine, but for aid for Israel, the compromise is what keeps both sides from just negating each others bills every single time.   That's how politics works.  

I, as well as everyone here, am well aware of how this works.

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Doc said:

Ah, so, from nowhere.  Got it.

Yeah, no, your brain isn't fine.  Just a couple pages ago you said "100 American casualties."  Now you're saying there wasn't even 1 casualty, they were brain injuries and 70% have returned to work?  

Again, if there was any proof that Trump knew where they were going to attack and allowed it, he would have been strung-up by now.  You know it, I know it and everyone knows it.  They're not "waiting" for some magical moment to whip it out.

It was 109, and the number has been revised many times.  Trump literally said in his interview, that Iran called him, and said they were going to hit back, and that they told him where they were going to do it, so there would be no casualties.  You're willfully ignoring the facts.  Where did I say there were zero casualties, there were 109 OFFICIAL casualties, and ZERO American response after them.  You're going from willful ignorance, to simple ignoring facts.