Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I have no idea where that video came from, but from a guy who has dropped a lot of ordnance, it looks like friendly foces would have been morted by the hit.

You generally don't blow up a vehicle at the same time your forces surround it.

I took those to be Russian support troops advancing with the tanks 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

I took those to be Russian support troops advancing with the tanks 

If they are, they're pretty stupid.

They run straight at  a tank at the exact time it is getting wacked.

May not be much to this group after all.

Germany is in a precarious spot being so dependent on Mother Russia's Oily teat. 

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

The guy who authored a thread titled “The S--t-poster game” just took the gold.

Congrats 

I sh--t on this board. 

You sh--t on America. 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

The "democracy" we're being asked to fight for:  The 9th most corrupt in the world.......

Ukraine’s choice: corruption or growth

Since it regained independence in 1991, Ukraine has exhibited systematic economic under-performance. The main driver behind this thirty-year record of disappointing growth is bad governance and, more specifically, corruption.

During his May 2021 visit to Kyiv, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken repeatedly called corruption the main enemy of the Ukrainian economy. It is hard to argue with this assessment. Corruption erodes the effectiveness of all government institutions and the state itself.

According to former Georgian president Mikheil Saakashvili, who currently heads Ukraine’s National Reform Council, the Ukrainian state budget loses over USD 37 billion every year due to corruption. This figure is close to a quarter of Ukraine’s annual GDP of USD 153.8 billion in 2019.

Many sectors of the Ukrainian economy are dominated by monopolies. The best solution here is to introduce effective competition. There are very few natural monopolies, meaning industries in which high startup and other infrastructure costs, significant economies of scale relative to the size of the market, and other unavoidable barriers to entry make for a single provider of a good or service in an industry or location. Opening up fully to competition from the EU is in many instances the best solution here, including for the energy sector. Where appropriate, unnatural monopolies can be broken up or unbundled by the regulator.

Too many Ukrainian enterprises are state-owned. State ownership should be restricted to firms that produce pure public goods or services. 

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/ukrainealert/ukraines-choice-corruption-or-growth/

There's more at stake here than whether Ukraine is a model democracy, but thanks for your input Comrade. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Didn't Dick Cheney come up with the plan to have us dependant on foreign oil as VP? Anyone remember that? 

That said, yes, start pumping the oil! Drill baby drill!!! Fight Global warming with carbon sequestrion methods 

3 minutes ago, Westside said:

No, you’re the one willing to get rid of all political opposition.

lol 

ok, thanks 

Love you Westy ❤️

2 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Germany is in a precarious spot being so dependent on Mother Russia's Oily teat. 

I sh--t on this board. 

You sh--t on America. 

And you’re clearly not paying attention… go back to your favorite thread and show us what a tough guy you are lmao

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You are completely wrong.  Trump's presidency delayed this outcome by 4 years.  Obama established the conditions for this conflict through the State Department and CIA orchestrated Maiden protests and the coup against former President Yanukovych.  And installed the current government in Kiev.  Zelensky's current administration, just as corrupt as the previous administration but answering to Washington rather than Moscow.   

All verified by recorded conversations between then under secretary of State Victoria Nuland and European counterparts.  Nuland coincidentally, is back with the Biden administration in the in a similar role.  

You should give up blaming Trump here.  The shelf life on that has expired.  Its sounds like a pathetic excuse that losers use when they can't cope with a problem.  And recall Crimea was annexed during the 2nd Obama term and they did nothing. 

Your knee jerk literally--in the moment--reaction to a war started by a nuclear powered evil regime...is to blame...I almost can't believe I'm going to say this but here it is...you're blaming an American for this? 

You might want to take a little time to reassess yourself. 

By all means, take your complaint out at the voting booth in 2024  but Jesus dude. 

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

And you’re clearly not paying attention… go back to your favorite thread and show us what a tough guy you are lmao

Putin is proud of you BillStime. Sit this one out and let the grown ups talk. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeviF said:

The reality is that US foreign policy has been largely dog**** for decades. There hasn't been an executive administration that has helped itself substantially in this regard since JFK. With regard to Russia, blunders all the way back to before the fall of the USSR.  This ***** doesn't happen in a vacuum. Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, Obama, Trump, Biden - it runs through all seven of these administrations one way or another.

Russia could have been a great ally. It's far too late for that now.

Yup. We some how pulled it off with the Japanese and the Germans, but what's done is done.   

We can't go back and fix any of those mistakes, so it's time to sack up and confront the enemies we now have.  

• Like (+1) 1