Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

mmmhmmmm 

cut and pasting twits that are pure satire again? 

let me get this straight.

the woman who left Libya a complete cesspool. that has given rise to slavery! today! a slave trade is going on right now over there because of her. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/11/27/clinton-ponders-2020-run-lets-not-forget-her-real-libya-scandal-glenn-reynolds-column/895853001/

thats the woman we should listen to who "warned" us about a WAR VET. who..went on television show? whew! good thing biden got in or who knows what russia would be up to now adays. 

6 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

the woman who left Libya a complete cesspool. that has given rise to slavery! today! a slave trade is going on right now over there because of her. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/11/27/clinton-ponders-2020-run-lets-not-forget-her-real-libya-scandal-glenn-reynolds-column/895853001/

thats the woman we should listen to who "warned" us about a WAR VET. who..went on television show? whew! good thing biden got in or who knows what russia would be up to now adays. 

Who's view should you value?  A war veteran that threatens the Washington war party establishment or a self-promoting grifter belonging to that establishment pretending to care about the plight of Ukraine?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Yep.  This is all about "Democracy"

Screenshot_20220403-232541_SmartNews.jpg

So why is terrorist Putin invading then? He, like the Jan. 6 mob, can't stand losing elections, even if its in a neighboring country. Sad

18 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Who's view should you value?  A war veteran that threatens the Washington war party establishment or a self-promoting grifter belonging to that establishment pretending to care about the plight of Ukraine?  

Our weapons being sent to Ukraine are helping destroy Putin's army and save a budding democracy 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Yep.  This is all about "Democracy"

Screenshot_20220403-232541_SmartNews.jpg

I really don't get what rabbit hole you're going down.

It doesn't make sense to you that a President under Russian invasion would try to garner any and all support he can, especially financial support from an audience of millionares who have billions of fans? 

Instead you think this is more proof that Zelensky is a crisis actor?

Were FDR and Churchill both crisis actors due to their dramatic radio addresses? 

Do you truly believe the Russian invasion and Zelensky's Presidency exist to distract from Covid?

• Awesome! (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

You hate liberals so much you will share an opinion column written by @B-Man's go to  - Instapundit?

image.thumb.jpeg.2a90a57604bfeb2bffed9ab090485c7c.jpeg

lmao

• Eyeroll 1

44 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

It doesn't make sense to you that a President under Russian invasion would try to garner any and all support he can, especially financial support from an audience of millionares who have billions of fans? 

Were FDR and Churchill both crisis actors due to their dramatic radio addresses? 

Do you truly believe the Russian invasion and Zelensky's Presidency exist to distract from Covid?

I didn't say any of those things.

But since you suggested them.....those are some intriguing theories I'll look into.  

Thanks.  Very interesting theories.  

Edited by Big Blitz

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I didn't say any of those things.

But since you suggested them.....those are some intriguing theories I'll look into.  

Thanks.  Very interesting theories.  

I'm not trying to put words into your mouth. Legitimately trying to understand. 

On 4/3/2022 at 8:50 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Still not the same as surrender. You can go through all of this and then wake up and say to yourself…what happened? My country is in ruins. It’s the same as many people said after the BLM riots. You still have to return to burned down neighborhoods…then what?

Why give them that much credit, given their biases?  The truth is that any people, any where have the right to defend their country to the death.  Whether they want to or not is their choice.  Saying one side has won and the other side has been ground to bits isn't saying surrender explicitly.  Just like how Jesus told Judas "whatever you have to do, do it quickly" didn't explicitly say "Go betray me to the Romans".

The founding fathers had no rational reason for rebelling against the British.  They were all rich, respected, and if you compared their financial and military resources against the British, they didn't have a prayer.  But they did it anyway.

Edited by Coffeesforclosers

4 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Why give them that much credit, given their biases?  The truth is that any people, any where have the right to defend their country to the death.  Whether they want to or not is their choice.  Saying one side has won and the other side has been ground to bits isn't saying surrender explicitly.  Just like how Jesus told Judas "whatever you have to do, do it quickly" didn't explicitly say "Go betray me to the Romans".

The founding fathers had no rational reason for rebelling against the British.  They were all rich, respected, and if you compared their financial and military resources against the British, they didn't have a prayer.  But they did it anyway.

I'll agree with most, if not all, of that. The discussion is a legitimate one at this point. If the free world isn't going to jump in and stop this madness with troops and equipment, then it seems WAY past time for somebody to step in and say 'enough already'. It's just like when two players are throwing punches in a hockey game. The refs let them go at it for awhile, and then they step in and say "enough"! It's definitely that time in Ukraine.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I'll agree with most, if not all, of that. The discussion is a legitimate one at this point. If the free world isn't going to jump in and stop this madness with troops and equipment, then it seems WAY past time for somebody to step in and say 'enough already'. It's just like when two players are throwing punches in a hockey game. The refs let them go at it for awhile, and then they step in and say "enough"! It's definitely that time in Ukraine.

I agree, but it doesn't seem likely, not with the fallout of Bucha, Irpin and the rest of Russia's atrocities still settling.  Russian opinion also seems to be hardening in favor of the war.  Which is what you'd expect when people have the choice between "we're just victims, woe is us" propaganda and confronting what their army is actually doing.

Russian state propaganda is turning whole hog in support of a Holodomor style genocide.  Their message is the only way Ukraine could be fighting this hard is because all Ukrainians have embraced Nazism. Therefore, all 44 million of them are fair targets for torture, reeducation, deportation or slaughter.  I'm going to ahead and check back into Marco Rubio's Twitter, because I don't think he's been wrong yet on predicting Russia's strategy of murder and/or replacement of Ukraine's people with loyal Putinists.

Their heads are screwed on so backwards they thing Zelensky is a Jewish globalist Nazi American Anglo-Saxon puppet.  Which just goes to show they have no idea what those individual words mean, except to describe things they don't like.

42 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

I agree, but it doesn't seem likely, not with the fallout of Bucha, Irpin and the rest of Russia's atrocities still settling.  Russian opinion also seems to be hardening in favor of the war.  Which is what you'd expect when people have the choice between "we're just victims, woe is us" propaganda and confronting what their army is actually doing.

Russian state propaganda is turning whole hog in support of a Holodomor style genocide.  Their message is the only way Ukraine could be fighting this hard is because all Ukrainians have embraced Nazism. Therefore, all 44 million of them are fair targets for torture, reeducation, deportation or slaughter.  I'm going to ahead and check back into Marco Rubio's Twitter, because I don't think he's been wrong yet on predicting Russia's strategy of murder and/or replacement of Ukraine's people with loyal Putinists.

Their heads are screwed on so backwards they thing Zelensky is a Jewish globalist Nazi American Anglo-Saxon puppet.  Which just goes to show they have no idea what those individual words mean, except to describe things they don't like.

Again....all excellent points.  But, isn't past time that the rest of the world leaders start taking a more engaged stance? I mean, enough is enough, already. When this was going to be a "minor incursion" that might have been the proper course of cautious inaction. But now that entire Cities are being shelled into rubble something has to change here. The world is better that this! Somebody show some damn leadership! It has to come from people/countries other than the two key combatants.

• Dislike 1

931149c0-b3e1-11ec-be7f-efc943302387

Ukrainian forces have claimed to have downed a Russian jet worth £38million as they continue to defend their country from Vladimir Putin's invasion.

It is believed to be the first Su-35 which the Ukrainian forces have shot down since Putin ordered his troops to invade on 24 February.

https://news.yahoo.com/wreckage-of-38-m-russian-fighter-jet-pictured-burning-in-field-090219348.html

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Again....all excellent points.  But, isn't past time that the rest of the world leaders start taking a more engaged stance? I mean, enough is enough, already. When this was going to be a "minor incursion" that might have been the proper course of cautious inaction. But now that entire Cities are being shelled into rubble something has to change here. The world is better that this! Somebody show some damn leadership! It has to come from people/countries other than the two key combatants.

Having saw at least part of the recent spree of award shows, it appears to me that the extreme left does not believe in wars! However that alone does not make eliminate them.

I am really disappointed in all genres of music. No one decent song of protest, not one attempt if an anthem of protest or support. Easy to write about hating the police, but not Putin. 

In past generations music led both pro and anti was. Today, music is self absorbed and blind. Kill thousands and get ignored, laugh at one bald head and headlines for weeks. Gee, the grammys actually spent 5 min, but not one song written as an anthem. 

3 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Having saw at least part of the recent spree of award shows, it appears to me that the extreme left does not believe in wars! However that alone does not make eliminate them.

I am really disappointed in all genres of music. No one decent song of protest, not one attempt if an anthem of protest or support. Easy to write about hating the police, but not Putin. 

In past generations music led both pro and anti was. Today, music is self absorbed and blind. Kill thousands and get ignored, laugh at one bald head and headlines for weeks. Gee, the grammys actually spent 5 min, but not one song written as an anthem. 

May I suggest you tune to your local AirOne radio station. There you’ll find artist after artist with messaging that transcends the daily/seasonal distractions.

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The world is better that this! Somebody show some damn leadership! It has to come from people/countries other than the two key combatants.

It's not though, and the stakes are too high.  Tsar Vladimir the Insane cannot lose, nor can he allow anything that looks like  Ukraine winning.  Ukraine likewise cannot lose, because then Russia will slaughter, torture and brainwash Ukrainians until nothing of the people or the country is left.

Nukes buy Russia time, in the sense that they'll have to do something even worse than Irpin or Bucha to get us and Europe to throw down directly.  India isn't strong enough, and China's happy doing nothing, though what good that does them is anybody's guess.

We're in.  We've already picked a side, and no 3rd Party has the combination of balls, guns and power to knock us, Europe's or Russia's heads together.  We're all too big, too rich and too dangerous. Which means the war ends when somebody loses.  Which I obviously hope is Russia.

4 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

It's not though, and the stakes are too high.  Tsar Vladimir the Insane cannot lose, nor can he allow anything that looks like  Ukraine winning.  Ukraine likewise cannot lose, because then Russia will slaughter, torture and brainwash Ukrainians until nothing of the people or the country is left.

Nukes buy Russia time, in the sense that they'll have to do something even worse than Irpin or Bucha to get us and Europe to throw down directly.  India isn't strong enough, and China's happy doing nothing, though what good that does them is anybody's guess.

We're in.  We've already picked a side, and no 3rd Party has the combination of balls, guns and power to knock us, Europe's or Russia's heads together.  We're all too big, too rich and too dangerous. Which means the war ends when somebody loses.  Which I obviously hope is Russia.

Well that’s about the least creative breakdown I’ve read…but I do appreciate your straight shooting take on it. I will offer this though….we’re not paying these world leaders to say ‘our hands are tied but here’s some missiles’. We’re paying them to LEAD. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Well that’s about the least creative breakdown I’ve read…but I do appreciate your straight shooting take on it. I will offer this though….we’re not paying these world leaders to say ‘our hands are tied but here’s some missiles’. We’re paying them to LEAD. 

Obliged.  So who are you looking for to lead? Who benefits from leading might be the better question.

On 4/2/2022 at 12:32 PM, Coffeesforclosers said:

The quote is from Col. Douglas MacGregor.  He didn't say it was time for peace, he said it was time for peace because Ukraine has been ground to bits.  I did get his rank wrong.

“The war is really over for the Ukrainians,” Macgregor continued. “They have been grounded to bits. There’s no question about that despite what we report on our mainstream media. So the real question for us at this stage is, if there is an agreement, Tucker, are we going to live with the Russian people and their government? Or are we going to continue to pursue this sort of regime change dressed up as Ukrainian war?”

Of course, which is why I said we didn't need Posobiec's "spin" in my post.  Zelensky fired two generals, Jack said he "purged" them.  Did he add anything meaningful to the article's content, or provide an insight with his retweet text?

Sure, but it's kinda semantics at this point right?  Purge vs fired?  I suppose we could assume he didn't murder them like the movie by that name, but I purge data and I don't usually do it with a gun or anything... lest the data really pisses me off!!!

8 hours ago, Motorin' said:

I think you may be new here…

Yes, that is precisely the kind of warped conspiratorial nonsense that is  favored by some of our PPP posters. Heck, one of them even created a tribute name based on the biggest fool of them all. 
How the fact that the Grammy Awards took a few minutes to acknowledge that a friendly country is under bombardment by an aggressive authoritarian regime somehow portends something sinister is beyond you and me. But for these folks, it’s just another day of “football” talk. 
So what rabbit hole have they gone down? Hint: it starts with Q. And it ends there too. 
I earned my own Q Decoder Ring through hours of reading garbage like this before It All Became Clear To Me. To the Q club John Legend and wife signals baby eating monsters, now presumably with Vlad the New Impaler on the side of goodness and light against them. 
I wish I was making this up. 
But I’m not. As they say, do your own research and you’ll see how nuts they are. 

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1