Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

21 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am not really sure who Pedro is but this quote alone makes him seem like a policy wonk, without any understanding of what he is discussing. Apparently it might not a war crime since it was not directed to damage the facility but attacking a Nuclear site is a war crime. How is anyone accepting the Russians at their word?

Pedro L. Gonzalez?  He's got a LinkedIn.  He's worked for a Who's Who of news channels, magazines, think tanks and activist groups, all aligned with the same causes and the same ideology.  Currently he works for The Charlemagne Institute.  Here's their Mission Statement, which he has to align with to work there.  Right now it looks like he's trying very hard to be the conservative clone of AOC.

You'll find pretty quickly that most of the tweets quote in Triple P, and most of the tweeters who tweet them, are all chips off the same block.  Except for Victor Davis Hanson, he's an actual reputable historian with a side game in pot-banging on the internet. 

13 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Also SCBIlls:

limage.thumb.jpeg.39dbb07dda00f90450cf6398662c6a00.jpeg

Rubio: ‘Putin’s Not the Same Guy He Was Five Years Ago’; ‘Would Rather Have WWIII than Be Humiliated’ by the West

Friday on “The Hugh Hewitt Show,” Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) warned that Russian President Vladimir Putin’s risk calculus has changed over the years.

Rubio asserted that “Putin’s not the same guy he was five years ago” and “would rather have World War III than be humiliated” by the West.” He added that Putin, now willing to take more risks, “poses real dangers.”

“[I] can tell you that there is great danger for two reasons,” Rubio outlined. “The first is you now have a, you know, 70% of the Russian military power is active and engaged and deployed very close to NATO forces. So, the risk of miscalculation or, you know, a lot of the, for example, these countries are now providing planes to Ukraine. So, it would not take much for a Russian anti-air element to confuse a Romanian jet or a Polish jet with maybe one from Ukraine and shoot it down. And suddenly, you’ve got a conflict.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/03/04/rubio-putins-not-the-same-guy-he-was-five-years-ago-would-rather-have-wwiii-than-be-humiliated-by-the-west/

Woke cancel culture and probably covid has emboldened him.

That and the West's dependency on his oil and gas. 

We have no clue what we're doing.  

Edited by Big Blitz

Labor Sec’y Walsh: ‘Have to Transition Into Clean Energy’ But It ‘Can Be Painful’ and Will Take Time

Walsh stated, [relevant remarks begin around 2:15] “Well, certainly, we have to continue to work on our energy plan, is what we have to do, and we have to continue to work on clean energy, we need to work on platforms for clean energy. The president, certainly — it’s not going to happen overnight. But in the infrastructure bill, we put in there about creating opportunities for electric charging stations. We’re working to increase our productivity in charging in electric vehicles moving in this country, we’re moving in that direction. Yeah, it’s not going to happen tomorrow, but we are definitely heading in that direction. And at some point, we have to transition, and that’s what we’re in the process of doing right now. It can be painful in some sectors and some fields, but we have to transition into clean energy.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/03/04/labor-secy-walsh-have-to-transition-into-clean-energy-but-it-can-be-painful-and-will-take-time/

They don't care about you

The current number 1 *trend* on Twitter

FYI here bot Niall only has 193 followers. 

This tweet from just 3 hours ago somehow has 5,287 likes

Edited by Big Blitz

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Its fairly easy when you spend some time learning about situations from independent sources/journalists while not gargling the approved narrative du jour 

Ah, always concerning that this kind of detail from independent sources is less independent than it appears. You should reveal these sources to add cred. 

Hell, at one point Buffalo Head and the Proud Boys were considered independent sources. 

Independent does not equate to honest or reliable. Rhino was independent.

13 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh, so we like Marco now?

And stop apologizing for Putin - it's not a good look.

Stating his analysis of Putin determined to ride you idiots straight to WWIII because of his position in the Senate is worth noting.  

I'm not apologizing for Putin.

I'm supporting my "side" against the other here in America and clearly around the world. 

We have nothing in common anymore.

Get these freaks the f out of my country.  

I'm embarrassed at what's become of half of it and would like to send them all to California away from the rest of us. 

Don't ever confuse that for apologizing for Putin.  

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Stating his analysis of Putin determined to ride you idiots straight to WWIII because of his position in the Senate is worth noting.  

I'm supporting my "side" against the other here in America and clearly around the world. 

I'm embarrassed at what's become of half of it and would like to send them all to California away from the rest of us. 

All these people calling The Constitution trash?  Has anyone asked them what they’d replace it with? 

• Like (+1) 1

Statement from Gab:

The entire nation state of Russia is getting the "Gab treatment" by Big Tech and the globalist regime.

By that I mean they are being systematically purged from the internet all within the span of about a week. 

Google is blocking their apps. 

Apple is blocking their apps. 

YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Telegram have banned or limited access to their accounts. 

Twitter has started "fact-checking" and reducing the reach of their links. 

YouTube has demonetized their videos. 

Reddit has "quarantined" the /r/russia community. 

Namecheap, a domain registrar, has cut off ALL Russian customers. 

American right wing dissidents are no strangers to any of these things. All of these tools of war have been used against us as American citizens for six years now. In Gab's case we have been banned from both app stores, domain registrars, and big tech platforms for years. Now these same tools and tactics of war that have been developed and used against us as dissidents are being used against all of Russia.

Other nation states should be paying attention to this. Are you going to continue to allow your citizens to be controlled entirely by a handful of companies in Silicon Valley, or is now perhaps the time to start building your own sovereign technology and infrastructure?

Exactly.  We told you this was coming in January of 2017 - they vowed "never again."  They now control the planet.  

There is something inherently wrong with this - and the GOP members calling for essentially war with Russia, are going to be stunned and outraged when all these companies stop doing business in Georgia or North Carolina or Florida or Texas because they passed or just proposed all the *wrong* legislation.  

Not that we'll be around much longer to see it.  

Edited by Big Blitz

43 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

You're free to leave anytime you like. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

Ah, always concerning that this kind of detail from independent sources is less independent than it appears. You should reveal these sources to add cred. 

Hell, at one point Buffalo Head and the Proud Boys were considered independent sources. 

Independent does not equate to honest or reliable. Rhino was independent.

I follow plenty of people on both sides.. and many of them are open to discussing issues Western media won’t touch.  

Aaron Mate, Jimmy Dore, Maajid Nawaz and Krystal Ball/Saager Enjati are all willing to discuss how we are being fed a narrative and America/NATO are partly responsible for leading Ukraine down a road that inevitably led here.. All the while with the West never having any intention of protecting them, as we see. 

Edited by SCBills

59 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Statement from Gab:

The entire nation state of Russia is getting the "Gab treatment" by Big Tech and the globalist regime.

By that I mean they are being systematically purged from the internet all within the span of about a week. 

Google is blocking their apps. 

Apple is blocking their apps. 

YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Telegram have banned or limited access to their accounts. 

Twitter has started "fact-checking" and reducing the reach of their links. 

YouTube has demonetized their videos. 

Reddit has "quarantined" the /r/russia community. 

Namecheap, a domain registrar, has cut off ALL Russian customers. 

American right wing dissidents are no strangers to any of these things. All of these tools of war have been used against us as American citizens for six years now. In Gab's case we have been banned from both app stores, domain registrars, and big tech platforms for years. Now these same tools and tactics of war that have been developed and used against us as dissidents are being used against all of Russia.

Other nation states should be paying attention to this. Are you going to continue to allow your citizens to be controlled entirely by a handful of companies in Silicon Valley, or is now perhaps the time to start building your own sovereign technology and infrastructure?

Exactly.  We told you this was coming in January of 2017 - they vowed "never again."  They now control the planet.  

There is something inherently wrong with this - and the GOP members calling for essentially war with Russia, are going to be stunned and outraged when all these companies stop doing business in Georgia or North Carolina or Florida or Texas because they passed or just proposed all the *wrong* legislation.  

Not that we'll be around much longer to see it.  

You make a good point. The far right wing spews garbage much like Putin does. 

Putin lies continuously so does Trump. Very similar 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I follow plenty of people on both sides.. and mainly on the far left, they are open to discussing issues Western media won’t touch.  

Aaron Mate, Jimmy Dore and Krystal Ball/Saager Enjati are all willing to discuss how we are being fed a narrative and America/NATO are partly responsible for leading Ukraine down a road that inevitably led here.. All the while with the West never having any intention of protecting them, as we see. 

What’s the argument, since we got them to give up their nukes we should defend them? 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Thank god you are fringe. 

21 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I follow plenty of people on both sides.. and many of them are open to discussing issues Western media won’t touch.  

Aaron Mate, Jimmy Dore, Maajid Nawaz and Krystal Ball/Saager Enjati are all willing to discuss how we are being fed a narrative and America/NATO are partly responsible for leading Ukraine down a road that inevitably led here.. All the while with the West never having any intention of protecting them, as we see. 

Thanks, the first 2 I know of. While they have points if view, much seems to be surmised. I worked for more than 35 years in highly politized situations, and always believed, all the rhetoric and discussion on cause, was just that, rhetoric. That what these guys and gals provide. 

But it us great thoughts and insight,

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

They made a business decision.  

Not good for business when you support a dictator starting a war right?

No.

It is not “right”

Having an internationally known soprano singing at your venue for a show is NOT supporting a dictator!

people need to show a little more logic 

in their anti Russia fever. 

• Agree 4

33 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You make a good point. The far right wing spews garbage much like Putin does. 

Putin lies continuously so does Trump. Very similar 

What’s the argument, since we got them to give up their nukes we should defend them? 

We helped overthrow the Ukrainian pro-Russia government. 

We pushed Ukraine to align with the West without ever really having an intention to integrate them into NATO. 

We funded, and Canada trained, neo-Nazi militias in the south and east of Ukraine to battle Russian separatists. 

Adam Schiff stated “We arm Ukraine to fight Russia over there so we don’t have to fight them over here”

Lindsey Graham, Amy Klobuchar and John McCain went over there in 2016 promising 2017 to be a year of aggression towards Russia, but then Trump got elected and it never materialized. 

Yes, we got them to give up nukes. 

We’ve basically used them as a proxy for the West to stage aggression towards Russia.   They’ve been a corrupt government that we’ve been able to buy a lot of influence in, and line the pockets of the sons of politicians.  

Nothing excuses Putin’s full scale invasion and brutality, but we led Ukraine down this road.  

• Haha (+1) 1