Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

1 hour ago, meazza said:

Of course it’s wrong .  What if the party doesn’t deliver or shifts from what made you a voter ? 

This is precisely why the US is stuck voting for Pepsi or coke.  Because no matter what your party does, you will defend them by saying « what about the other party ».

Silly argument. Sure if Dems started to take away health care, election rights, stopped supporting Ukraine and dismantling environmental laws, but they are not. 

You think there is no difference between Biden and Trump? Than Pelosi and McCarthy? 

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

LMAO - you're not very bright.

https://www.billsfans.com/search/?q=billstime&quick=1

Yes I think you're a nutjob.  A special kind of nutjob to be honest. Of course I also focus on the other nutjobs.  

If it makes you feel good about yourself that you're getting attention, good for you.

You also seem to be obsessed with the site since you know what's going on when you already spend enough time crusading here but you do you bro.

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Silly argument. Sure if Dems started to take away health care, election rights, stopped supporting Ukraine and dismantling environmental laws, but they are not. 

You think there is no difference between Biden and Trump? Than Pelosi and McCarthy? 

There you go again proving my point.  

Edited by meazza
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, meazza said:

Yes I think you're a nutjob.  A special kind of nutjob to be honest. Of course I also focus on the other nutjobs.  

If it makes you feel good about yourself that you're getting attention, good for you.

Awe, cute.  I'm touched.

Go back and play with DR at your safe place. 

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Awe, cute.  I'm touched.

Go back and play with DR at your safe place. 

You mean because you've been wasting time replying to my posts instead of polluting this sub-forum?  

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BillStime said:

What does that say about YOU if I am as you describe?  

:doh:

I'm not sure if this is you thinking you're "winning" whatever discussion we're having.  

Good luck stalking the other forum you were banned from to see what your so called enemies are discussing.  I'm sure it's great on your mental health Kris.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, meazza said:

I'm not sure if this is you thinking you're "winning" whatever discussion we're having.  

Good luck stalking the other forum you were banned from to see what your so called enemies are discussing.  I'm sure it's great on your mental health Kris.

Oh, is this a competition?  My bad.

If It were a competition, I'd def be winning considering how many times you've referenced me at DR's safe place..

Have a great day NOUSE...

I HOPE YOU WIN

giphy.gif

Just now, BillStime said:

Oh, is this a competition?  My bad.

If It were a competition, I'd def be winning considering how many times you've referenced me at DR's safe place..

Have a great day NOUSE...

I HOPE YOU WIN

giphy.gif

Ok kris.  You keep lurking the so called safe space your so called enemies are at. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, meazza said:

You also seem to be obsessed with the site since you know what's going on when you already spend enough time crusading here but you do you bro.

There you go again proving my point.  

What point is that? 

I don't think you really have one 

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

This was well outside of the range of HIMARS. How did the Ukrainians pull off these strikes?

There has been talk that the HIMARS have been attached to aircraft, but I do not know anything for sure 

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I can't find it, just saw it in passing. Maybe I even read it wrong. Not sure 

This argues its was a Neptune 

You can't find it?

Or it doesn't exist.

I've found it for you.

Here's the procedure for launching a HIMARS off an aircraft.

1. Select which wing you want blown off.

2. Arm HIMARS on that station.

3. Grab ejection lower handle.

4. Launch HIMARS while pulling ejection handle prior to wing being blown off as result of launch.

You are good at this.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

You can't find it?

Or it doesn't exist.

I've found it for you.

Here's the procedure for launching a HIMARS off an aircraft.

1. Select which wing you want blown off.

2. Arm HIMARS on that station.

3. Grab ejection lower handle.

4. Launch HIMARS while pulling ejection handle prior to wing being blown off as result of launch.

You are good at this.

Fair enough. I guess I was wrong. I can admit that. 

40 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Fair enough. I guess I was wrong. I can admit that. 

People make mistakes all the time.

Calling someone who has spent more time efforting against Putin and his lot infinitely more than you ever have a "coward," idiot," "liar," and most recently a "scumbag." is something entirely different.

That is not a "mistake."

That is grossly insulting, pathetic, and draws attention to crazy notions you post.

Years spent on active duty planning to fight his group, teaching others as a Topgun adversary and Light Attack Weapons Scholl instructor makes me cringe when I see crazy stuff posted.

To top it off, having my Moscow hotel room gone though in my absences on two separate occasions, as well as other crew members who indicated former military service on their Russian visa applications allows me to dislike that place and regime as much as anybody.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

People make mistakes all the time.

Calling someone who has spent more time efforting against Putin and his lot infinitely more than you ever have a "coward," idiot," "liar," and most recently a "scumbag." is something entirely different.

That is not a "mistake."

That is grossly insulting, pathetic, and draws attention to crazy notions you post.

Years spent on active duty planning to fight his group, teaching others as a Topgun adversary and Light Attack Weapons Scholl instructor makes me cringe when I see crazy stuff posted.

To top it off, having my Moscow hotel room gone though in my absences on two separate occasions, as well as other crew members who indicated former military service on their Russian visa applications allows me to dislike that place and regime as much as anybody.

Oh yes, no mistake in throwing out the justly deserved insults. 

You have any proof you taught at Top Gun or any of these others things you say you did? I will say I am sorry for the liar part if you prove you say who you are. You can do it without showing any private info, be safe! But maybe a few pics of you over time with name blotted out? 

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Oh yes, no mistake in throwing out the justly deserved insults. 

You have any proof you taught at Top Gun or any of these others things you say you did? I will say I am sorry for the liar part if you prove you say who you are. You can do it without showing any private info, be safe! But maybe a few pics of you over time with name blotted out? 

Of course I have proof.

Logbook entries, flight jackets with the Topgun patch and US Navy officer fitness reports that mention it.

By the way, you didn't accuse me of lying about that school.

You accused me of lying about serving on an aircraft carrier.

Remember that picture on page 130 of this forum?

Guess who that was?

Guess where that was taken?

Here's a hint.

Those are live weapons. You can tell because there are yellow stripes painted around their noses.

If you look closely, you can see that the airplane is chained down to an aircraft carrier.

I didn't "teach" at Topgun.

I went through there as an adversary, one of the "bad guys" who run those air to air sorties, brief and debrief them.

I taught at Light Attack Weapons School, while serving in the adversary role, opposing US forces, which you had to be a Topgun graduate to do..

I taught through lectures, US and Soviet air to air missiles, and Soviet surface to air missile systems, then opposed them as they flew their training strikes, using known and postulated Soviet tactics.

How to defeat theirs and how to use ours.

Edited by sherpa
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, sherpa said:

Of course I have proof.

Logbook entries, flight jackets with the Topgun patch and US Navy officer fitness reports that mention it.

By the way, you didn't accuse me of lying about that school.

You accused me of lying about serving on an aircraft carrier.

Remember that picture on page 130 of this forum?

Guess who that was?

Guess where that was taken?

Here's a hint.

Those are live weapons. You can tell because there are yellow stripes painted around their noses.

If you look closely, you can see that the airplane is chained down to an aircraft carrier.

I didn't "teach" at Topgun.

I went through there as an adversary, one of the "bad guys" who run those air to air sorties, brief and debrief them.

I taught at Light Attack Weapons School, while serving in the adversary role, opposing US forces, which you had to be a Topgun graduate to do..

I taught through lectures, US anstd Soviet air to air missiles, and Soviet surface to air missile systems, then opposed them as they flew their training strikes, using known and postulated Soviet tactics.

How to defeat theirs and how to use ours.

But you also said you knew what Thomas Jefferson would think about Joe Biden, so I'll just say I am dubious of any claims some possible crank makes on internet message boards. It's not uncommon at all for people to claim stuff like this 

Did you earn any medals during your service? 

Do you agree with the supreme court decision striking down the Stolen Valor act of 2005? 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

But you also said you knew what Thomas Jefferson would think about Joe Biden, so I'll just say I am dubious of any claims some possible crank makes on internet message boards. It's not uncommon at all for people to claim stuff like this 

Did you earn any medals during your service? 

Do you agree with the supreme court decision striking down the Stolen Valor act of 2005? 

If you want to continue this personal vein, message me.

I can provide proof of what I stated.

Ukraine – the situation (August 10, 2022)
Asia Times ^

Overview

* The Ukrainian “offensive” in the south has been underway for 18 days as of today. As an American military intelligence officer observed, “I’m reminded of Lincoln’s comment about McClellan: ‘He has a case of the slows.’” More on this propaganda offensive below.

* In the principal theaters of action, the mouth of the Donbas salient, the line of Ukrainian fortifications near Avdivka, west of the city of Donetsk, and the areas west and north-west of Kherson, there is heavy and stepped-up Russian artillery shelling accompanied by multiple missile attacks throughout Ukraine.

* Russian forces are within 2-3 kilometers of the city of Bakhmut, the transport hub that anchors the south end of the Donbas salient.

* Amnesty International acknowledged the “distress and anger” caused by its report that accused the Ukrainian army of criminal behavior by using civilian facilities as ambush sites and shields but said that it “fully” stands by the report.

* Reports of Russians mining and threatening to blow up the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant have been shown to be false, according to US military sources.

https://asiatimes.com/2022/08/ukraine-the-situation-august-10-2022/

26 minutes ago, sherpa said:

If you want to continue this personal vein, message me.

I can provide proof of what I stated.

If you are going to use your so-called personal experiences to claim some sort of superior knowledge in all sorts of things you should provide the evidence in the open. You are using it, prove it. You are being condescending, arrogant and haughty and hiding behind un-provable life experiences in a wide range of experiences to decalre you are simply to be believed because. I have no interest at all in having private conversations with you 

You come across as a crank to me 

I have never claimed "superior knowledge."

You post goofy, uninformed crap and I have responded to it.

Suggesting that we should deploy two Air Force squadrons to the Ukraine as a deterrent was crazy.

Suggesting that the US provide and enforce a no fly zone was crazy.

Suggesting that we can launch the current  HIMARS derivative from an airplane is crazy.

Suggesting that it might be a good idea to provide them with A-10's or any other US tactical airplane is crazy.

That is not acting superior. That was pointing out the wackiness of these ideas, and that is supported by links that discuss a few of those issues in detail, by knowledgeable folks who deal in this every day. 

Regarding the veracity of my background, as you recall, or probably forgot, I offered a significant amount of money to be donated to any charity of your choosing if I was being untruthful, and I can easily prove it. You never responded, and I simply don't care.

30 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

And there's growing chatter of a counter offensive 

Sadly, I'll believe it when I see it. Most Ukraine's attacks so far have been contained or beaten back.  Which is a shame, but but doesn't take away from the fact that when Russia decides to take something, they usually do, even if it costs weeks and thousands of lives. At least since Russia un*****ed themselves in April.

Ukraine cant win the war by digging a hole and hoping to wait the Russians out. Thats a hell of a gamble. 

8 hours ago, Tiberius said:

If you are going to use your so-called personal experiences to claim some sort of superior knowledge in all sorts of things you should provide the evidence in the open. You are using it, prove it. You are being condescending, arrogant and haughty and hiding behind un-provable life experiences in a wide range of experiences to decalre you are simply to be believed because. I have no interest at all in having private conversations with you 

You come across as a crank to me 

Sorry bud, but you reqlly come off like a delta bravo here Tibs.  The man pretty clearly knows what he is talking about and you have been incredibly disrespectful.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Sadly, I'll believe it when I see it. Most Ukraine's attacks so far have been contained or beaten back.  Which is a shame, but but doesn't take away from the fact that when Russia decides to take something, they usually do, even if it costs weeks and thousands of lives. At least since Russia un*****ed themselves in April.

Ukraine cant win the war by digging a hole and hoping to wait the Russians out. Thats a hell of a gamble. 

Hope we do see it soon. The momentum of late has been with Uk, but what we have seen of that is largely long range strikes, not yet ground offensives. Hopefully the strategic strikes are setting the stage for the moves to an attempt to wedge the Russians out by cutting off of lines of communication forcing retreats. That would be way better than a General Grant Cold Harbour style attack, which would greatly favour Russia 

20 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Sorry bud, but you reqlly come off like a delta bravo here Tibs.  The man pretty clearly knows what he is talking about and you have been incredibly disrespectful.

Whatever 

47 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Sure 

Not as stupid as it looks. "Quaker Guns" worked to fool General McClellan in the Civil War. If Uk wastes a missile on destroying fake target, them, it's worth it 

Tibs, you’re clearly fascinated by war and the weapons of war. I’ve got to assume you spent years in the military, yes?