Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

55 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Brandon doing a phenomenal job rallying the world against Putin and Trumpism.

No wonder DR is so threatened and unhinged - lmao

General Motors, Daimler Truck, Volvo and Volkswagen have suspended car sales to Russia.

I didn't see Biden mentioned in that article, what was I missing?  Did Hunter get put on BP's board?

Just now, Tenhigh said:

I didn't see Biden mentioned in that article, what was I missing?  Did Hunter get put on BP's board?

No no no, haven't we learned.  Mega corporations need the President to tell them when it's time to virtue signal and get mentions on Twitter.  

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Just like Hilary…everyone wants her to go away but she just keeps coming back, and is relentlessly sharing her fixation with all things Trump. Who knew Hilary was a Bills fan? At least that’s one redeeming quality! 

Not really caring about the opinion of a former senator.

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

No no no, haven't we learned.  Mega corporations need the President to tell them when it's time to virtue signal and get mentions on Twitter.  

And with an approval rating in the 30s and falling here in America we know it’s far better that the President is loved by European leaders. 

• Dislike 1

"Far be it for me to agree with the Washington Post, but they were spot on in early 2021 when they concluded that:"

.."If China and Russia devise successful alternatives to the dollar-centered financial system, and if these alternatives gain significant international traction, we would be witnessing a cataclysmic moment in great power rivalry."

The idea of a Russia-China alliance to try and collapse the U.S. economic system isn’t new, either. Russia tried to push China create chaos for the U.S. in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis.

"Russia may have tried to conspire with China in a bid to collapse the U.S. financial system. They were hoping to sell Fannie and Freddie bonds during a time when the U.S. economy was on the ropes," Insider wrote in 2010, citing Hank Paulson's memoir about the crisis.

Paulson wrote in his memoir:

“The report was deeply troubling -- heavy selling could create a sudden loss of confidence in the GSEs and shake the capital markets. I waited till I was back home and in a secure environment to inform the president.”

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

"Far be it for me to agree with the Washington Post, but they were spot on in early 2021 when they concluded that:"

.."If China and Russia devise successful alternatives to the dollar-centered financial system, and if these alternatives gain significant international traction, we would be witnessing a cataclysmic moment in great power rivalry."

The idea of a Russia-China alliance to try and collapse the U.S. economic system isn’t new, either. Russia tried to push China create chaos for the U.S. in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis.

"Russia may have tried to conspire with China in a bid to collapse the U.S. financial system. They were hoping to sell Fannie and Freddie bonds during a time when the U.S. economy was on the ropes," Insider wrote in 2010, citing Hank Paulson's memoir about the crisis.

“The report was deeply troubling -- heavy selling could create a sudden loss of confidence in the GSEs and shake the capital markets. I waited till I was back home and in a secure environment to inform the president.”

image.thumb.jpeg.cd52b131d37776f7750721dfd259964b.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Some would call you “comrade” for posting this.  

The American thing to do is cheer SWIFT sanctions (without contemplating the downside) and advocate for no fly zones. 

55 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The BRICS countries created an alternative to SWIFT and an International bank to run it years ago. 

If the events of the last week have taught us anything, the overwhelming majority of the world values the leadership and partnership of the US a million times more than Russia and China. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

image.thumb.jpeg.cd52b131d37776f7750721dfd259964b.jpeg

80% of Republicans say Biden isn't being tough enough on Russia

Instead, Republicans are more likely than either Dems or indies to want Biden to get tougher. Possibly that’s a function of the right’s conviction in projecting strength at all times, possibly it’s a more basic Pavlovian reaction to any subject involving Biden and toughness. If you’re a Republican and you’re asked whether Biden is tough enough on something, you don’t even wait for the end of the question. The answer is NO.

But that spin on Republican opinion would be too glib. For instance, when Quinnipiac asked a different question that omitted the reference to toughness, they found Republicans again more gung ho than the other parties to intervene in Ukraine:

It’s a rout, which means the media should probably dial down its coverage of how much the American right supposedly loves Russia. Not a lot of love in the numbers above.

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2022/02/28/were-all-hawks-now-80-of-republicans-say-biden-isnt-being-tough-enough-on-russia-n451904

The Democrats live in a fantasy land.  

We hate both you and Putin.  

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Also not good

Russian military convoy north of Kyiv stretches for 40 miles -Maxar

Maxar Technologies (MAXR.N) also said additional ground forces deployments and ground attack helicopter units were seen in southern Belarus, less than 20 miles (32 km) north of the Ukraine border.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russian-military-convoy-north-kyiv-stretches-40-miles-maxar-2022-03-01/