Week 12: Bills at Saints on Thanksgiving

YoloinOhio

Living in Maine lots of my family pity me for following along to root for Buffalo, on everything except for hockey (Canadiens), and baseball (Expo's/Nats).  Game is just something where I'm going to do what I did drought era check the scores, not get to into it, and just win or lose shrug my shoulders.  Somethings wrong in Buffalo if they can beat the Saints got a good chance to salvage and inspire a power smash mouth attitude.  If not well, it was nice, nd then we prepare for the next season and building up for the off-season.

I think we should go with a scheme Jerry Hughes is used too with a 4-6 over to stop the run and put more pressure on the Saints Quarterbacks.  We've pretty much given up to many rushing yards need something to get this defense back on track.  

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Not really I’m the mood to watch this week’s game...this year’s squad is too disappointing...

Same this squad is drought-era heart breaking bad, just circled their own wagons, and checked out of being in the playoffs.  Unless, we go with a dramatic defensive overhaul to a 46 over to break up the defensive play calls we can look at things being completely out of reach by the time we get eliminated.

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I was hoping this exchange would end with "and then I shot him in the face"

It's nauseating, isn't it? I thought the years of taunts and boasts were past us, but they're not. (I live in New England.) To make it even worse, I turn on MNF and have to see that cheater's face--yet another decade of that pimp--and hear the announcers jostling for who can praise him most. 

As usual, the best solution is just win, baby. 

At this point we'll just be looking at the practice squad and elevating offensive linemen which might not be a bad idea.  Just cannot keep going with the duds up front.  Need a spark in the leadership and if we cannot get it done pack it in, circle our on wagons, and call it a drought-era season where everybody just quit on us and bought the hype.

This is just speculation, but I wonder if the Bills just aren't accustomed to being the hunted ones. Last year, they had a predatory edge to them, and they went after teams. Now, their opponents are the intense ones: the Steelers, Titans, Jags, Colts... even the Dolphins have played with ferocity. The Bills, by contrast, only seemed to really want the Chiefs game. Otherwise, they've just been showing up for work, at least on offense. It's like they're waiting for something.

Could it be that they're, well, bored by their famously easy schedule, to the extent that they've lost their edge?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Found it funny McD stated in his post game presser they need to fix the offense after the defense got absolutely annihilated…

I know and I just don't get it.  I'm going to be a broken record here but the Bills had only two freaking possessions between the opening KO and the two minute warning.  TWO!  And they scored a TD on one of them and had a nice drive going until back to back penalties killed it. When the Bills got the ball for the only the 3rd time in the first half they were already down 24 - 7.

This should be the universal talking point of the coaches and those that get paid to cover the Bills.  I don't know why it isn't?

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I know and I just don't get it.  I'm going to be a broken record here but the Bills had only two freaking possessions between the opening KO and the two minute warning.  TWO!  And they scored a TD on one of them and had a nice drive going until back to back penalties killed it. When the Bills got the ball for the only the 3rd time in the first half they were already down 24 - 7.

This should be the universal talking point of the coaches and those that get paid to cover the Bills.  I don't know why it isn't?

IMO, offense is more of the issue.  Our D is built to be elite at defending the pass to compliment our explosive offense that should have teams chasing points.  When our O is not working, it allows teams to be content pounding us on the ground.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I'm afraid they really believe it's just a matter of cutting down on turnovers, with Josh Allen being the main culprit. They have no answers, so they put more on the QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

IMO, offense is more of the issue.  Our D is built to be elite at defending the pass to compliment our explosive offense that should have teams chasing points.  When our O is not working, it allows teams to be content pounding us on the ground.

You're kidding right! They NEED the ball to score.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

While this point has some merit, I don't want to hear any excuses as to why a defense that has SO MUCH invested in it struggles so heavily against any team that has some semblance of balance.  

While not as potent as the Henry-led Titans or Colts, the Pats are a similar style Offense.  McD and Frazier better figure this crap out before we play them. 

Edited by SCBills

4 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Our D is better than last year.  What happened then?

Same thing that happens once or twice a year since McD was hired. A team comes out and runs the ball all over us. limiting possessions, eating up clock and scoring a shitload of points. 

Edited by BananaB

2 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Same thing that happens once or twice a year since McD was hired. A team comes out and runs the ball all over us. limiting possessions, eating up clock and scoring a shitload of points. 

Generally, when a team scores the other team is allowed possession.  

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

While this point has some merit, I don't want to hear any excuses as to why a defense that has SO MUCH invested in it struggles so heavily against any team that has some semblance of balance.  

While not as potent as the Henry-led Titans or Colts, the Pats are a similar style Offense.  McD and Frazier better figure this crap out before we play them. 

I agree, especially when you consider the investment in the D line.

But, statistically (I think) our D is out performing our O

The most important thing I'd like to see is the team playing with urgency and being fundamentally sound. Get off the field after good 3rd down defense without penalties and stop killing drives with false starts and holding penalties. Be physical with tackling and get some pressure with 4 or 5 rushers. Use Philly's blueprint and get a win.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Generally, when a team scores the other team is allowed possession.  

I agree, especially when you consider the investment in the D line.

But, statistically (I think) our D is out performing our O

One mistake by the O and they are down 24-7 the 3rd time they step on the field.  Let’s play hypothetical, if Allen checks down instead of forcing the third and 18, what makes you think Bass would hit a long FG? He missed the other two.   If Allen throws an incomplete pass, what makes you think the D would come  up with a stop just because we punted instead of turning the ball over?  Both scenarios look like the same outcome to me.  And let’s not forget, Allen would of had an easy first down if it wasn’t for the offside on the first drive, then you had the hold that made the situation worse.  To be honest our O moved the ball well on first 3 drive, just only came up with 7 points. The missed Fg before half was the dagger that really ended all hope. When you get behind you can’t get back in it if the D can’t make a stop. 

Both units stats are good because of they played a lot of crappy teams. Does it matter who’s is blown up more.  In my opinion we lost 2 games because of the Os performance and 2 because of the defences. That’s all that really matters. 

1 hour ago, finn said:

This is just speculation, but I wonder if the Bills just aren't accustomed to being the hunted ones. Last year, they had a predatory edge to them, and they went after teams. Now, their opponents are the intense ones: the Steelers, Titans, Jags, Colts... even the Dolphins have played with ferocity. The Bills, by contrast, only seemed to really want the Chiefs game. Otherwise, they've just been showing up for work, at least on offense. It's like they're waiting for something.

Could it be that they're, well, bored by their famously easy schedule, to the extent that they've lost their edge?

I've been thinking the same. Not sure if they are bored by the schedule but they def seem to have lost that edge so far to me. They dont seem hungry like the past 2 years outside of the kc game

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.