Who would’ve thought that after a 4-1 start (and beating the Chiefs) we’d lose three games to the AFC South

BillsFan619

I’ll start out by saying that I really do believe we can turn this thing around with seven games left. They have the talent and team to do it.

But, who would’ve thought that the AFC South (of all divisions) would beat us, give us our next three losses and put us in the position we’re in:

-A slip on fourth and inches against the Titans

-The Jags. Wait, what? The Jags??? Enough said

-The Colts dominated us with their QB only passing for 106 yards. That’s crazy

I think most people would’ve thought we would’ve gone 3-1 against this division, maybe 2-2 at the worst. But instead, we go 1-3. What a waste of a very winnable part of our schedule. In a year where no one is really dominating, what a waste to such a good start to our season to go 0-3 against the AFC South the past month and some change.

Let’s go Buffalo. Let’s turn this thing around, starting on Thursday evening. Go Bills.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

I’ll start out by saying that I really do believe we can turn this thing around with seven games left. They have the talent and team to do it.

They do? They have some talent but this is not a good team.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Idk what happened in Jax but what do Ten n Indy have in common??

Both are elite run teams. 

Then play action. Ten killed us with that combo..

Indy didn't even need Play action. 

They just dominated and overpowered our DL

That will demoralize a defense 

I'd draft or try to aquire a great proven DT or DT prospect. We have to adress this run D whole our SB window is open..

Side note - my guy Hughes has been invisible way too m

• Agree 1

Yeah it’s been a disappointing run. 
I was concerned even when we were hot cause I felt like the offense has been out of sync all year. I never thought it would get this bad though. In each of these games I didn’t really ever get to panicky cause it just felt like the switch would turn on at some point and they’d get fired up and play with some emotion. (3rd quarter today I did know it was over though) 

I fully expected at minimum 3-1 out of that division. 

Started 7-3 last year

6-4 this year with one loss the failed sneak.  

I'm not going to pretend all is well.

It's just that I know the same problems with this team and strengths are the exact same as last year.  

And that's a problem in weather and when you play the 2 best RBs in the league (Taylor has entered the MVP chat).  But these problems won't get fixed until the off season.  It's frustrating because we all knew we needed better at RB and OG.  

But...

We're on to NOLA

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JK Fan said:

I never thought we would be in this position.  I find myself asking, did we overachieve last year or are we underachieving this year?

Good question.

I know this will probably be too positive of a take with many on the forum today, but it seems like it’s more underachieving this year. Three of their losses were against opponents that were mostly inferior in talent. You don’t typically get dominated when an opposing QB throws for only 106 yards. But to those opponents’ credit, they did outphysical us in the trenches.

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

But these problems won't get fixed until the off season.  It's frustrating because we all knew we needed better at RB and OG.  

And DT and TE. We really need another Ted Washington, Pat Williams,  Fred Smerlas type of DT's who swallows up the middle and don't let anything past them. Star is not it and you can see the difference just having a middle of the road DT does for this defense. Horrible Harry is horrible and I'd rather have Deborah Harry in there. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rico said:

Good news is we are done playing the AFC South,  1 of the 2 historically weakest divisions in the league.

Bad news is we still have 4 games against the other, the NFC South.

Our first of four games against the NFC South is in four days on Thanksgiving.

Let’s go 1-0 and take back some ground.

Edited by BillsFan619

17 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Well this is why when Nate Geary is yammering on and on about the Titans being frauds I was like you’re out of your mind. 

The Bills have one quality win this year and who would think they could beat the Chiefs right now? 

I get what you’re saying but the Chiefs are the type of team that we’re built to beat.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

For the doom consume team, Mark Ingram is somehow currently 4th in the NFL in rushing, and is loving life back in New Orleans. He was making Jonathan Taylor runs back when Jonathan Taylor was 11. Bills need to figure this out tomorrow or the embarrassment could get worse.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Nelius said:

For the doom consume team, Mark Ingram is somehow currently 4th in the NFL in rushing, and is loving life back in New Orleans. He was making Jonathan Taylor runs back when Jonathan Taylor was 11. Bills need to figure this out tomorrow or the embarrassment could get worse.

I hope not. Hopefully we can get this thing back on track.

I know we need to play better but we can still win this division. And, even though we’re not playing like it lately, we’re still the best team in the division.

By the way, who is the doom consume team?

2 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

I hope not. Hopefully we can get this thing back on track.

I know we need to play better but we can still win this division. And, even though we’re not playing like it lately, we’re still the best team in the division.

By the way, who is the doom consume team?

I was just referring to rampant negativity, doom consume as if people are looking for reasons why it's only going to get worse. It might, Saints aren't awful, and they have a running game.

4 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I was just referring to rampant negativity, doom consume as if people are looking for reasons why it's only going to get worse. It might, Saints aren't awful, and they have a running game.

Thanks for clarifying, bro. I figured that’s what you meant, I just never heard of it before.

Let’s hope they get this thing back on track starting on Thursday night and gain some ground back. For how bad it’s been lately, we win the next two and we’re sitting at 8-4 with a head to head win vs. the Pats (they’d also have two losses in the division).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.