Thursday Night Football: Patriots @ Falcons, 8:20 PM Eastern, FOX / Amazon Prime Video

RiotAct

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I think Atlanta (me too!) kind of got fooled by this idea that modern day QBs can play at a high level into their late 30s or beyond. Brady, Brees, Rivers, to a lesser extent Ben ... Ryan is kind of a Hall of the Very Good guy in his career, but some guys still fit the old aging pattern of earlier eras.

I was going to add that to one of my posts.  I'm calling it the "Brady Syndrome".  GMs can't think all these guys can play well as the age like Brady.

Brees and Rivers arms starting giving out a couple of years ago.

This Falcons team has no fight in them. Reminds me of mid 2000s Bills. Where the heck is Pitts? Guy was supposed to be the next Antonia Gates. He needs to be a better outlet for Matt Ryan from all the pressure he faces. 

I hope really hope that stupid Jax game doesn't come back to bite us in the *** in the division race. 

14 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

There are no building blocks.  This is the remnant of them going all in back in 2016-2018.  Signing Matt Ryan and Julio Jones to those

huge long contracts back in 2018 was not wise.  All of Ryan's restructures has him with a $48M cap hit next year.  They need a complete rebuild. 

$48M, holy crap. Big dead cap if they cut him I'm guessing?

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I think Atlanta (me too!) kind of got fooled by this idea that modern day QBs can play at a high level into their late 30s or beyond. Brady, Brees, Rivers, to a lesser extent Ben ... Ryan is kind of a Hall of the Very Good guy in his career, but some guys still fit the old aging pattern of earlier eras.

Well if he had more than 2 seconds to throw...

Instead of spending draft picks on shiny overhyped TEs they should've invested in the offensive line.

1 minute ago, Westside Madness said:

Yes, it is. If you are looking to pull together capital to try and get a top pick for a QB, thats the way to go. Obviously, if they can net a top 5/10 pick without having to do so, that is obviously preferred.

That strategy has worked well for Miami…

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

You cant lose games like that and have it not come back to bite us. Now we have to win a toss up game. Bucs is a must win. Or we won’t get the bye. 

I feel like almost every game is a must win down the stretch, but if they drop one then it would be preferable that it's an NFC team. Although, I would trade an AFC lose for a win over Brady. I'm just speaking mathematically.

5 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

This Falcons team has no fight in them. Reminds me of mid 2000s Bills. Where the heck is Pitts? Guy was supposed to be the next Antonia Gates. He needs to be a better outlet for Matt Ryan from all the pressure he faces. 

I hope really hope that stupid Jax game doesn't come back to bite us in the *** in the division race. 

With Ridley and Patterson out the only player left for a defense to fear is Pitts. No way in hell Belicheck was not going to take him away in this game.

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

Atlanta needed to go for it. Wtf do you really have to lose at this point? Pussified coaching again.

They're still very much in the NFC playoff race if they can close out a few more wins. I agree they should grow some balls though. They're getting bullied out there 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.