What has happened to Gabriel Davis?

Gordio

Just curious why this guy is not in the game plan anymore.  I know he has been battling an ankle injury but if he is that injured why even dress him?   I saw him on the field a few times yesterday and of course he dropped the one target that was thrown to him.   But....this kids confidence has got to be in the toilet right now.  When I go to the games I have noticed there are large stretches where he is not even on the field.  I thought this kid was valuable asset last year, it seemed like everytime he caught a ball it was a first down.  I thought this kid was on his way after last season, pretty disappointing he is not part of the game plan.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We run less 4 WR sets that we did last year.  Knox's snaps before getting hurt doubled from last season.

Idk why we ran away from that. The spread always worked for us and allen. We have enough good viable recievers, it's mind boggling to me. Thought they would of came out of the jags game at half and would spread them wide, instead we came out and ran on 2 plays in a row for a gain of a yard

Just now, Brian3488 said:

Idk why we ran away from that. The spread always worked for us and allen. We have enough good viable recievers, it's mind boggling to me. Thought they would of came out of the jags game at half and would spread them wide, instead we came out and ran on 2 plays in a row for a gain of a yard

We don't have the protection to run 4 wide all game like last year.  We switched after the Steelers game because we were just getting beat up.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Brian3488 said:

I personally think they should go back to the offense of last year.  I think Pitts scared them off the spread coupled with what KC did to us last season and perhaps even the Ravens slowed it down too.  They are trying to evolve but it isn't working.  In any case, if they cant fix the o line issues it isn't going to matter much what they do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We don't have the protection to run 4 wide all game like last year.  We switched after the Steelers game because we were just getting beat up.

hot reads.  Aaron Roger and Mahomes will make you pay if you blitz them

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

They didn't really run 10 personnel that much last season. Only like 15% of the time. They ran 11 personnel the most, nearly 71% of the time.

Gabe was getting Browns catches last year, that's really nuts and bolts of it. Also, it makes more sense to run 11 with the emergence of Dawson Knox. They can attack the seam. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

True but we don't have the protection period. Maybe the Bills can run double tight ends with a fullback set. Then give Allen the freedom to RPO. We can look at the raven offense for guidance. A change is needed.

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Brian3488 said:

One of the things that the Bills are terrible at is in game adjustments. They don’t even appear to try. That speaks to the coaching imo.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Not this year with Mahomes.  They are as off on offense as we are the last 2 games.

and they are 5-4 with a much tougher schedule.  I don't want to know Bills record if they had same schedule

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

hot reads.  Aaron Roger and Mahomes will make you pay if you blitz them

The blitz isn't the problem.  Allen is one of the least blitzed QBs.  Bottom 10.  The pressure is getting there with 4.  Thats the problem.  He is getting harassed all game by a 4 man rush while coverage is max.

2 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

One of the things that the Bills are terrible at is in game adjustments. They don’t even appear to try. That speaks to the coaching imo.

Normally I agree but they did adjust well against Miami last week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I personally think they should go back to the offense of last year.  I think Pitts scared them off the spread coupled with what KC did to us last season and perhaps even the Ravens slowed it down too.  They are trying to evolve but it isn't working.  In any case, if they cant fix the o line issues it isn't going to matter much what they do.

Bingo. 

54 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

It’s difficult to make adjustments when the line is horrendous and your only starting caliber TE is injured. They can’t run against a light box, and they can’t protect against a four man rush. They’ve tried wr screens, but Sanders whiffs on his blocks. They’ve tried short routes, but teams are sitting on those routes. There isn’t much to adjust to until they can get some competency and consistency up front. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.