11/7/21 Bills @ Jaguars Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Brady

Mahomes

Willson

Murray

Allen

would be fine behind this line. Why should I not call out my QB for a bad game? And put it all on the OL?  

the OL has been an issue all season. Steelers and This game Josh couldn’t rise to the occasion. That is fine. But it also doesn’t mean he is free from any criticism ever. 

Brady? You're entitled to your opinion but this is a crazy take.

Josh shares some of the blame for this game but how can you expect a team to win where the offensive line play was so incredibly poor that tackles aren't even coming out of stance until the defender have blown past them?

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Are you being serious here?  Do you have any idea if a player was near the sideline waiting for the throwaway?  And Allen had what, a second to decide?  When a tackle misses his block as badly as Williams did there it probably ends up as a sack 99/100 times. 

Yes I am. Saw the play there was at least 2 WRS on sideline routes. 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Brady

Mahomes

Willson

Murray

Allen

would be fine behind this line. Why should I not call out my QB for a bad game? And put it all on the OL?  

the OL has been an issue all season. Steelers and This game Josh couldn’t rise to the occasion. That is fine. But it also doesn’t mean he is free from any criticism ever. 

Actually we're seeing Mahomes struggle because his O-line isn't playing very well.

31 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The worst thing about games like this, is they bring out the Full Bore Revisionist History

Teller played in 2018 when Teflon Juan Castillo was the OL coach.

He was traded to Cleveland at the end of the 2019 presean, not because he was playing poorly but because they were trying to ensure they had a proven NFL center on the roster with Morse on the concussion list, so they kept Spencer Long (they didn’t realize at the time that Feliciano and Bates could play center)

So Teller never played a down for Bobby Johnson as his OL coach.

This is now the 2nd year where IMHO Beane should look himself in the face and say “I should have done more” on OL - the other being 2017.  But being realistic, we are down to our 2nd string at 3 different positions across the OL.  Most OLs don’t look too good when you’re playing backups at 3 

Your right Teller wasn't Johnsons choice. I shouldn't wrap that into this year's coaching struggles. Still frustrating to see him leave the bills franchise recently and excel while we are struggling this year.

But it can be argued that our o line even healthy has regressed, and other than williams they didn't seem above average last year. Just saying when do you start asking about the coaching.  

I agree about beane, he needs to reasses his strategy at o line, especially back ups. But I don't agree about the Revisionist History, im just angry bills fan venting lol

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Isn't OBJ going to sort something out so he's out of waivers and can take his pick? Though he says he wants to go to a post-season team - he might turn his nose up at us!

I'm baffled as to what OBJ has to do with what team would pick up Gabe Davis off of waivers.

Just now, Mango said:

Right, I agree to a certain extent, but let’s take it a step further.

The OL is one of the highest paid units in the league. Our DL is the same. Or LB Corp will be next year. 

So, like, where and how to we fix that? The FO has heavily invested in both lines, we are tight(ish) against the cap, but our heaviest investments are underperforming.

So what’s the solution other than “fix it”

Our defense is an issue? Our LB are an issue? 

They’re going to need to figure it out with the offensive line. The guard spots are an issue. Go find a guard. It could be via draft, via trade, via cut, via FA, maybe a hidden gem? Find an upgrade. Cut who you need to cut to make it work. 

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He was rattled and making bad decisions. He is also the entire offense and is being asked to do basically everything. 

Both of those are directly attributable to a very poor offensive line.

I know he is being asked to do everything. How is that different than any other QB? 

Just now, CEN-CAL17 said:

If Buffalo can win the next 4….. 

Jets, Colts, Saints, New England…… I might be interested in believing in this team as legit. If not 8-4, 7-5 is real, which is laughable to what we thought.

At the moment we'll be lucky not to be blown out by the Colts, Saints and Pats. The Jets is a huge game.

47 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

Ford would have to be in the vicinity of the pass rusher in order to hold someone. He and Dawkins are the Kings of the look-out block

I did not understand picking Ford ahead of Risner (if you had to pick O-line). Ford looked to me like a guy with terrible feet so I didn’t understand why he was being drafted as a tackle. Risner has turned into a very good young guard. 

5 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

That's pretty harsh.

Its 3rd and 7 and if he throws it away, it's a 56-57 yard field goal just to tie it.

That play is 100 percent on Williams.

And who knows if he even had a chance for a sideline route, would have to see the all 22.

Also Easier said than done when you got a guy running in your face in half a second when the game is on the line.

Not harsh the reality. Yes it would have been a long FG. So let me ask you do you trust Bass with a 56 yard FG?

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Top three things Beane’s mis-evaluation of Cody Ford has cost us:

3)  Wyatt Teller

2)  DK Metcalf

1)  Homefield advantage in the 21/22 playoffs 

Cool. Let’s do a completely arbitrary decision tree of every GM’s misses.

Ay, dios mios.  

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

You never used the word regressed.

I’m making the point the line has regressed from last year, Josh has not. 

Many want to blame Josh. 

If you don’t want to put blame on Josh for this game then you really need to learn a little football. He absolutely deserves blame. 

now if the entire loss on him. Absolutely not. And no one is saying it is. Stop putting your own ideas in what posters are saying. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.