Voter fraud!

I expect a lot of hand wringing from the stop the steal crowd about this today.  Hoax.  I don’t.  But if they aren’t whiny deluded hypocrites, they’ll forcefully condemn this kid who loves and is proud of his dad. 

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/glenn-youngkins-underage-son-tried-to-vote-in-virginia-governors-election-officials-say/2870695/

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Throw the book at him. He tried twice. Mens rea is proven.   If Republicans want to be serious on voter fraud, start here.

OK, they should do it.  Then implement voter ID nationwide to catch this stuff everywhere.  Deal?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

34 minutes ago, Doc said:

OK, they should do it.  Then implement voter ID nationwide to catch this stuff everywhere.  Deal?

I believe the right wing phrase is enforce the laws on the books. Why should we change laws when this guy broke laws and should be punished by the laws already there?

41 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Noone Cares GIF by Ryan The Creative

No one cares about voter fraud? Please tell GA and TX

The other thing not being mentioned here. Great job USA! We have people trying to break the law and commit voter fraud and we caught them!

"The man child did not vote. He made no false statements. He did not disrupt voting. Based upon information available to me now, it appears that he committed no election offense as defined in Chapter 10 of the Elections Code." Cute story of a child wanting to vote for his dad. Awww.

So he was stopped because he wasn't registered.

Some states have laws allowing same-day registrations. They also have laws allowing ID's without proof of citizenship or birth certificate. Some don't require ID to vote.

If he had tried this in another state, would it have been counted?

Edited by unbillievable
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I believe the right wing phrase is enforce the laws on the books. Why should we change laws when this guy broke laws and should be punished by the laws already there?

I said he should be punished.  And that the law should be a national one, just so we can catch people trying to commit fraud.  You can't have it both ways.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

"The man child did not vote. He made no false statements. He did not disrupt voting. Based upon information available to me now, it appears that he committed no election offense as defined in Chapter 10 of the Elections Code." Cute story of a child wanting to vote for his dad. Awww.

So he was stopped because he wasn't registered.

Some states have laws allowing same-day registrations. They also have laws allowing ID's without proof of citizenship or birth certificate. Some don't require ID to vote.

If he had tried this in another state, would it have been counted?

Doubtful because he didn’t actually vote.  But this sure looks like an attempt to commit voter fraud.  So where is the outrage?  Maybe roger stone should be on the next flight to Richmond.  Unless, of course, stop the steal was just a hoax.  In which case I understand the lack of hand wringing here. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I said he should be punished.  And that the law should be a national one, just so we can catch people trying to commit fraud.  You can't have it both ways.

States’ rights!  Especially in this state election! 

I remember California sending out ballots to everyone (even quite a few Illegals) because of their new laws. There were articles of non-citizens admitting that they mailed in their vote, not knowing they weren't supposed to...

The politicians and MSM dismissed the story as not being prevalent enough to affect the election. No one was prosecuted.

We need to focus on instances that allow fraud, not worry about the times the safeguards worked.

• Agree 1

He tried to vote...........and was stopped.

Your (attempt) at outrage is noted.

Let us know when you show this kind of passion about real fraud..........The Counts.

LIKE THIS:

Powerful New Jersey Senate Democrat says ‘12,000 ballots recently found’ support refusal to concede to truck driver.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/powerful-new-jersey-senate-democrat-says-12-000-ballots-recently-found-support-refusal-to-concede-to-truck-driver

But, by all means opine more about this kid wanting to vote for his dad.

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

He tried to vote...........and was stopped.

Your (attempt) at outrage is noted.

Let us know when you show this kind of passion about real fraud..........The Counts.

LIKE THIS:

Powerful New Jersey Senate Democrat says ‘12,000 ballots recently found’ support refusal to concede to truck driver.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/powerful-new-jersey-senate-democrat-says-12-000-ballots-recently-found-support-refusal-to-concede-to-truck-driver

But, by all means opine more about this kid wanting to vote for his dad.

Dude fixed it for you:

But, by all means opine more about this kid BREAKING THE LAW.

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

We don’t need new laws. Current laws caught a law breaker. 

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sure we do.  C3 just proved it. 

He takes about state rights… don’t think he proves or disproved anything.

The crux of the matter is this person committed voter fraud. Not once but twice. He should be thrown in prison for trying to undermine our democracy.

Do you think he shouldn’t be? Do you think he shouldn’t be responsible for the decisions that he makes?

Edited by Backintheday544

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I expect a lot of hand wringing from the stop the steal crowd about this today.  Hoax.  I don’t.  But if they aren’t whiny deluded hypocrites, they’ll forcefully condemn this kid who loves and is proud of his dad. 

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/glenn-youngkins-underage-son-tried-to-vote-in-virginia-governors-election-officials-say/2870695/

According to officials responsible for this sort of thing, nothing untoward occurred.  

An analogy would be he tried to return his nickel deposit bottles back to a store that didn’t accept them.  

Btw was Gov Elect Youngkin a stop the steal candidate?   

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

He takes about state rights… don’t think he proves or disproved anything.

The crux of the matter is this person committed voter fraud. Not once but twice. He should be thrown in prison for trying to undermine our democracy.

Do you think he shouldn’t be? Do you think he shouldn’t be responsible for the decisions that he makes?

He should face whatever consequences others who illegally tried to vote at 17 have faced.  I seriously doubt it's prison time.  Maybe not even community service.  Then again, maybe someone can trump-up the charge to "insurrection."  LOL!

And sorry but the real crux of the matter is the need for voter ID.  Every state would be right to have it (see what I did there?).  It's not just a good law when a Repub gets caught.  C3 unwittingly made the case for it, thinking it was just a "gotcha!" moment.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

No one cares about voter fraud? Please tell GA and TX

The other thing not being mentioned here. Great job USA! We have people trying to break the law and commit voter fraud and we caught them!

You did it!  You finally uncovered the actual voter fraud we know exists!!

A 17 year old, likely working for Project Veritas, was told you have to be 18 to vote, and left.  

There it is!

In Virginia the law says if you're 17 during the primary but turn 18 by election day you can vote in the primary and then election day.  I'd like to know if this kids birthday is before the end of the year and he just thought he could vote.

17 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

A 17 year old, likely working for Project Veritas, was told you have to be 18 to vote, and left.  

There it is!

In Virginia the law says if you're 17 during the primary but turn 18 by election day you can vote in the primary and then election day.  I'd like to know if this kids birthday is before the end of the year and he just thought he could vote.

Why are you defending a person breaking the law? He was told no once and went to do it again. Can you point me to an exemption in the law if they do it for Project Veritsas.

For the party of personal responsibility you don’t seem to think this person should be responsible for his breaking the law. 

3 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

The kid should be held accountable for his actions. If it is determined he broke a law, he should face the appropriate punishment.   I am glad they were able to prevent him from voting. 

This doesn't seem to be turning out how you guys hoped it would.  How embarrassing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Doc said:

He should face whatever consequences others who illegally tried to vote at 17 have faced.  I seriously doubt it's prison time.  Maybe not even community service.  Then again, maybe someone can trump-up the charge to "insurrection."  LOL!

And sorry but the real crux of the matter is the need for voter ID.  Every state would be right to have it (see what I did there?).  It's not just a good law when a Repub gets caught.  C3 unwittingly made the case for it, thinking it was just a "gotcha!" moment.

The crux from the OP is we found voter fraud and it’s this specific guy.

Looks like a class 1 misdemeanor: https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/24.2-1004/

Class 1 misdemeanors are the most serious misdemeanors in Virginia. A Class 1 misdemeanor is punishable by up to 12 months in jail, a fine of up to $2,500, or both. 

So since he tried doing it twice I don’t see why we don’t go for 12 months in jail and a fine of $2,500.

I mean his dad is governor so maybe he will get off easy but as a Republican and personal responsibility you’d hate to see him get a break due to his daddy.

The Washington Post Launches Attack on Glenn Youngkin's Underage Son in Incredibly Hypocritical Move

Glenn Youngkin shocked the country on Tuesday as he defeated Terry McAuliffe to become the governor of Virginia, a state that had voted by 10 points for Joe Biden just a year earlier.

Clearly, the press has not taken that result well, and we’ve seen some insane reactions. But it’s not just cable news hosts that have thoroughly beclowned themselves. Others have managed to mix in their own bit of hypocrisy and bias while couching it as “news.”

What obviously happened here is that Youngkin’s son had voted in the primary election and was under the false impression that he could also vote in the general election under Virginia’s weird age rules. But honestly, the reason he tried to vote is irrelevant. As admitted by the Post, no election laws were violated. Yet, this vindicative election official from deep-blue Fairfax County decided to go give an interview about this anyway, setting up a media attack on an underage boy.

And though the head of the elections office in Fairfax County says Youngkin’s son did not violate any election laws, the Post goes on to speculate that the case could be criminally charged, going so far as to contact the local prosecutor. They also try to paint Youngkin as a hypocrite for supporting election integrity, which makes no sense whatsoever. His son made a mistake, was corrected, and left.

Here was the Youngkin campaign’s response, which simply notes how insane it is of the Post to publish this in the first place.

“It’s unfortunate that while Glenn attempts to unite the Commonwealth around his positive message of better schools, safer streets, a lower cost of living, and more jobs, his political opponents — mad that they suffered historic losses this year — are pitching opposition research on a 17-year old kid who honestly misunderstood Virginia election law and simply asked polling officials if he was eligible to vote; when informed he was not, he went to school,” O’Malley wrote.

This entire spectacle is just gross, and it shows the double standards that Republicans have to deal with when it comes to the treatment of their families. Think about the hypocrisy on display here.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/11/06/the-washington-post-launches-attack-on-glenn-youngkins-underage-son-in-incredibly-hypocritical-move-n470941

2 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

The crux from the OP is we found voter fraud and it’s this specific guy.

Looks like a class 1 misdemeanor: https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/24.2-1004/

Class 1 misdemeanors are the most serious misdemeanors in Virginia. A Class 1 misdemeanor is punishable by up to 12 months in jail, a fine of up to $2,500, or both. 

So since he tried doing it twice I don’t see why we don’t go for 12 months in jail and a fine of $2,500.

I mean his dad is governor so maybe he will get off easy but as a Republican and personal responsibility you’d hate to see him get a break due to his daddy.

Wrong.  The crux is a naive child attempted to vote but was turned-away because he had to show ID.  Meaning ID laws prevent fraud from happening.  And thus should be in place everywhere.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

The Washington Post Launches Attack on Glenn Youngkin's Underage Son in Incredibly Hypocritical Move

Glenn Youngkin shocked the country on Tuesday as he defeated Terry McAuliffe to become the governor of Virginia, a state that had voted by 10 points for Joe Biden just a year earlier.

Clearly, the press has not taken that result well, and we’ve seen some insane reactions. But it’s not just cable news hosts that have thoroughly beclowned themselves. Others have managed to mix in their own bit of hypocrisy and bias while couching it as “news.”

What obviously happened here is that Youngkin’s son had voted in the primary election and was under the false impression that he could also vote in the general election under Virginia’s weird age rules. But honestly, the reason he tried to vote is irrelevant. As admitted by the Post, no election laws were violated. Yet, this vindicative election official from deep-blue Fairfax County decided to go give an interview about this anyway, setting up a media attack on an underage boy.

And though the head of the elections office in Fairfax County says Youngkin’s son did not violate any election laws, the Post goes on to speculate that the case could be criminally charged, going so far as to contact the local prosecutor. They also try to paint Youngkin as a hypocrite for supporting election integrity, which makes no sense whatsoever. His son made a mistake, was corrected, and left.

Here was the Youngkin campaign’s response, which simply notes how insane it is of the Post to publish this in the first place.

“It’s unfortunate that while Glenn attempts to unite the Commonwealth around his positive message of better schools, safer streets, a lower cost of living, and more jobs, his political opponents — mad that they suffered historic losses this year — are pitching opposition research on a 17-year old kid who honestly misunderstood Virginia election law and simply asked polling officials if he was eligible to vote; when informed he was not, he went to school,” O’Malley wrote.

This entire spectacle is just gross, and it shows the double standards that Republicans have to deal with when it comes to the treatment of their families. Think about the hypocrisy on display here.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/11/06/the-washington-post-launches-attack-on-glenn-youngkins-underage-son-in-incredibly-hypocritical-move-n470941

So wait, he only tried once?  Yeah, lock him up...  :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Wrong.  The crux is a naive child attempted to vote but was turned-away because he had to show ID.  Meaning ID laws prevent fraud from happening.  And thus should be in place everywhere.

So wait, he only tried once?  Yeah, lock him up...  :rolleyes:

No… 

“The incident was reported in notes from Jennifer Canty, who was identified as the chief of the precinct at the Great Falls Library in Great Falls, Virginia.

Canty wrote in her notes that at 9:30 a.m. on Election Day, a "17 yo voter came in requested ballot" but was "told he had to be 18 yo to vote today." Canty writes that she offered him a voter registration but "he declined."

Canty goes on to write that the "same 17 yo voter... came back to request a ballot" around 10:00 a.m. It was here that Canty writes down Youngkin's name. "Again offered opportunity to register. He declined if he wouldn't be able to vote today," she wrote.“

Maybe he doesn’t understand no means no?

15 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

No… 

“The incident was reported in notes from Jennifer Canty, who was identified as the chief of the precinct at the Great Falls Library in Great Falls, Virginia.

Canty wrote in her notes that at 9:30 a.m. on Election Day, a "17 yo voter came in requested ballot" but was "told he had to be 18 yo to vote today." Canty writes that she offered him a voter registration but "he declined."

Canty goes on to write that the "same 17 yo voter... came back to request a ballot" around 10:00 a.m. It was here that Canty writes down Youngkin's name. "Again offered opportunity to register. He declined if he wouldn't be able to vote today," she wrote.“

Maybe he doesn’t understand no means no?

Maybe.  Good thing she checked his ID, eh?

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Doc said:

You unwittingly made the case for voter ID, everywhere.  I know that wasn't your intention. 

Nope. I acknowledged that states have say in how they conduct their elections.  If, for example, Georgia wants to engage in a modern-day act of Jim Crow legislation that is not inconsistent with the federal constitution, then it may do so.  Whether I agree with that approach is a completely different question. And it does not mean that there is a "case" for voter ID laws everywhere, let alone anywhere.  

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

There it is!

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. 

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Nope. I acknowledged that states have say in how they conduct their elections.  If, for example, Georgia wants to engage in a modern-day act of Jim Crow legislation that is not inconsistent with the federal constitution, then it may do so.  Whether I agree with that approach is a completely different question. And it does not mean that there is a "case" for voter ID laws everywhere, let alone anywhere.  

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. 

It’s not even ignorance. He went once and was told he couldn’t vote. Then went again.

32 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

ID prevented voter fraud?   

blow-mind-mind-blown.gif

Sec, this kinda backfired. Can't you close the thread before it gets any worse?

You have it backwards.  ID laws--the kind that you like--prevent votes.  This is instance perhaps #32 of attempted voter fraud in a country where hundreds of millions, if not billions, of votes are cast every year.  And where is all of this voter fraud in states without the ID laws you prefer?  Turns out that it doesn't exist. 

Just now, Backintheday544 said:

It’s not even ignorance. He went once and was told he couldn’t vote. Then went again.

Maybe he's persistent.  Whatever.  The point is if he thought wrong about whether he was entitled to vote his ignorance of the law does not excuse his actions. 

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

So I'm right again.  It's exhausting but I work hard for the people dispelling fake news.  

4 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

According to officials responsible for this sort of thing, nothing untoward occurred.  

An analogy would be he tried to return his nickel deposit bottles back to a store that didn’t accept them.  

Btw was Gov Elect Youngkin a stop the steal candidate?   

I don't disagree that he did not commit fraud.  But it seems like we had an attempt to commit fraud here, do we not?

10 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Why do you keep ignoring the fact that the guy tried to break the law.

Ok so maybe he went the first time and didn’t know he was underage. But after he was told he couldn’t vote, he came back and tried to vote again.

Ignoring?  We already discussed this.  How "back in the day" are you?

But fine, make an example of a 17-year old if it makes you feel better.  I'll take the real victory over the pyrrhic one.

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Sure it does and you just (again, unwittingly) made it.  The contention of you and your ilk is that there's no voter fraud because they haven't been able to find it.  I've been telling you that's only because there's no way to find it without checking ID.  Here you present a case of someone trying to commit voter fraud...only to be thwarted by an ID law.  Hiding behind "states' rights" and the "Jim Crow" silliness isn't a valid argument when the issue is thwarting fraud, especially when the plaintiffs in the Georgia case couldn't prove that a single person would be harmed by the laws.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Ignoring?  We already discussed this.  How "back in the day" are you?

But fine, make an example of a 17-year old if it makes you feel better.  I'll take the real victory over the pyrrhic one.

Sure it does and you just (again, unwittingly) made it.  The contention of you and your ilk is that there's no voter fraud because they haven't been able to find it.  I've been telling you that's only because there's no way to find it without checking ID.  Here you present a case of someone trying to commit voter fraud...only to be thwarted by an ID law.  Hiding behind "states' rights" and the "Jim Crow" silliness isn't a valid argument when the issue is thwarting fraud, especially when the plaintiffs in the Georgia case couldn't prove that a single person would be harmed by the laws.

Give me a break.  How many other people can you identify who have been so thwarted?  And, in States where  there are no such laws,  how many instances of documented voter fraud do we have?  I’m guessing it’s a number fairly close to your IQ.  Low.  So then the question becomes do we need the “fix” that you propose.  The long lines in places like Georgia say no. 

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

So what happens when people show up thinking they can vote but can't because they aren't on the voter roll? 

Is that fraud to?

Death penalty?  

This is Hunter Biden level

They vote by affidavit ballot in New York state.  Then the BOE determines the validity of the ballot.