Warning for those trying to relocate...St Louis settlement could be in the billions of dollars

Big Turk

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

In that case it would have to be 2 new teams. Like back in the day with Jags and Panthers

You'd think so, but if they had to make it only St Louis, I am pretty sure they would figure out a way to make it work to avoid billions of dollars in payments

Edited by Big Turk

40 minutes ago, hmsmystic said:

I don't you are correct at all- 

Here's the lowest tickets to the Cardinals game by me.  The lowest

image.thumb.png.c1984d206ff25017661225ff8181b02e.png

Dude, that's the Cardinals, who are a 7-0 top tier team ... playing the Packers.  I'm referring to the other 2/3 of the league.  Ticket prices are low for mid to low tier teams.  Time to reduce the league by 2 teams minimally.

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

You'd think so, but if they had to make it only St Louis, I am pretty sure they would figure out a way to make it work to avoid billions of dollars in payments

Wouldn't make any sense though. Either AFC or NFC would have an extra team than other Conference. Would have to be 2 teams so 1 in AFC other NFC. 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

NFL attorney told the owners the ultimate number could be more than the net worth of some of them in the room...

A warning shot for any other team owners attempting to move and something every other city will be looking to emulate and threaten that team with to prevent it from happening.

NFL likely going to offer St Louis an expansion team to try and make the case go away...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-braces-billion-dollar-exposure-225444083.html

OH there's more fun than that. 

Kroenke signed an indemnification agreement to cover the legal costs to other teams if they let him move.

Now he wants out:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32486646/los-angeles-rams-owner-stan-kroenke-angers-nfl-owners-financial-pivot-related-lawsuit-st-louis-move-sources-say

Then, in an unusual move, Goodell asked Kroenke to leave the room, sources told ESPN. He did.

That's when Pash told the room that the league was notified by Kroenke's attorneys that Kroenke is challenging the indemnification agreement that all three teams involved in the L.A. derby in 2016 -- the Rams, Chargers and Raiders -- signed on the morning of the vote.

Sources said the room seemed stunned by Pash's update on Kroenke's view of the indemnification agreement.

Next came Kraft, who sources said seemed to speak for many in the room that Kroenke's position was unfair. He mentioned all the legal hassle he had gone through. In 2016, he had served on a six-person L.A. committee. He argued that if providing financial records as a result of lawsuits would be a consequence of serving on league committees, it would dissuade other owners from wanting to be on committees and making consequential decisions for the league.

Raiders owner Mark Davis reminded the room that, in 2016, the L.A. committee recommended a rival Raiders-Chargers stadium project in Carson, California, by a 5-1 vote over Kroenke's project in Inglewood.

Mara spoke next and said that Kroenke's change in position was ridiculous and that if Kroenke had not agreed to indemnify the league, the owners wouldn't have voted for him to move. He said anyone who was in the room in Houston when the vote was taken would know that.

• Like (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

Dude, that's the Cardinals, who are a 7-0 top tier team ... playing the Packers.  I'm referring to the other 2/3 of the league.  Ticket prices are low for mid to low tier teams.  Time to reduce the league by 2 teams minimally.

The real money for the NFL is from TV.  More teams, more games, more commercials, more money.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

St. Louis has them bent over. They’re gonna get a team and a stadium paid for.  Would the city sell or continue ownership? 

If they do get one there I can't see it being a new expansion team. A team like the Jags or something or any team looking to relocate I think will be how it plays out

• Agree 2

28 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Wouldn't make any sense though. Either AFC or NFC would have an extra team than other Conference. Would have to be 2 teams so 1 in AFC other NFC. 

Again...how much sense it makes is irrelevant if it saves the NFL billions of dollars. 

• Agree 2

There do not HAVE to be two new teams added at the same time.  When the Browns were re-created in 1999, there were 31 teams in the league.  It wasn't until Houston got a new team that the number went to 32.  

Certainly it's easier for scheduling to have an even number, I'm just saying they had an odd number for a couple of years and things worked out.

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OH there's more fun than that. 

Kroenke signed an indemnification agreement to cover the legal costs to other teams if they let him move.

Now he wants out:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32486646/los-angeles-rams-owner-stan-kroenke-angers-nfl-owners-financial-pivot-related-lawsuit-st-louis-move-sources-say

Kroenke is about to double cross the wrong people. Bette hope he doesn't have any emails an anonymous source can "leak"

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Again...how much sense it makes is irrelevant if it saves the NFL billions of dollars. 

I get what you mean. I'm saying I just don't see any way it could work with only 1 team. Unless they just say hell with it and make it unfair adding a team to one particular division and conference. I just don't see it. A team relocating makes more sense.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I get what you mean. I'm saying I just don't see any way it could work with only 1 team. Unless they just say hell with it and make it unfair adding a team to one particular division and conference. I just don't see it. A team relocating makes more sense.

They already did it when the Browns entered the league as an expansion team an had an odd number of teams for a few years. Of course they can make it work.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

They already did it when the Browns entered the league as an expansion team an had an odd number of teams for a few years. Of course they can make it work.

Yeah but since then they made it even for a reason, (why Jags and Panthers came along together). It was made so each division and Conference has the same amount of competition which is fair to every team. 

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

4 hours ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

Tickets aren't how the league makes money anymore. Your argument is a few decades old. It's all about the TV revenue and the league is making stupid money there.

3 hours ago, Utah John said:

The real money for the NFL is from TV.  More teams, more games, more commercials, more money.  

Beat me to it.

St. Louis has such a tiny downtown area. You can drive through it in 1 minute. I understand it’s suburbia hell and quite dangerous but that doesn’t qualify for a new team.

I would probably give Oregon a team. Put a stadium in Eugene.

Edited by Governor

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.