D Talley and Leonard Smith at The Car Wash

cwater10

19 minutes ago, transient said:

He was definitely a bad man. He always tackled like he was shot from a cannon. 

Always thought the way his career ended was a shame.  That video shows him dancing on the bench, pumping up the crowd after AFC Championship Game win vs Denver.  He played great in that game and left the field dancing and partying up a storm.  He developed an infection which settled in his knee in the days before Super Bowl XXVI vs Washington and missed the game.  He never played again.  Loved that guy as a Bill.

https://buffalonews.com/news/leonard-smith-status-questionable-defensive-back-remains-hobbled-with-an-infection/article_6b484b53-ea85-547f-bf34-bff51bed15d9.html

Edited by cwater10

17 hours ago, cwater10 said:

Yep, he definitely brought it.  To be young again: 

Man where was the NFL before YouTube?  This video is an excellent reminder of what the NFL USED TO BE.  1/3rd of the hits in here would now draw a flag.  Brady is lucky he was born in the QB Flag Football era.  Brady is lucky he never met Mr. Smith.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

22 hours ago, cwater10 said:

Hopefully this is not redundant.  Just stumbled upon this great clip of Daryl and Leonard Smith being interviewed while at the car wash.  Great memories.  Seeing Leonard Smith all these years later makes me feel ...  Well never mind, but great clip!

Loved that - thanks for sharing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wjag said:

Man where was the NFL before YouTube?  This video is an excellent reminder of what the NFL USED TO BE.  1/3rd of the hits in here would now draw a flag.  Brady is lucky he was born in the QB Flag Football era.  Brady is lucky he never met Mr. Smith.

I thought the same thing. There were head shots, horse collars and driving players into the ground in the midst of those tackles. The guy would be considered dirty by today’s rules.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, cwater10 said:

Always thought the way his career ended was a shame.  That video shows him dancing on the bench, pumping up the crowd after AFC Championship Game win vs Denver.  He played great in that game and left the field dancing and partying up a storm.  He developed an infection which settled in his knee in the days before Super Bowl XXVI vs Washington and missed the game.  He never played again.  Loved that guy as a Bill.

https://buffalonews.com/news/leonard-smith-status-questionable-defensive-back-remains-hobbled-with-an-infection/article_6b484b53-ea85-547f-bf34-bff51bed15d9.html

dang, I never knew that…. that sucks!!!

12 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

OK you got me, how does a car wash cause pot holes??  I'm sure this will be good!

water runoff onto the street + cold temps = bad things, man!!!

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

dang, I never knew that…. that sucks!!!

water runoff onto the street + cold temps = bad things, man!!!

OK makes sense, though can't see I recall seeing water runnoff all over the street in front of them when I lived up north.

Does amaze me living down south in a location where you could wash your car outside about 11 months of the year, how many car washes there are.  Actually seem to be more here than up north.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I can't tell if this is a joke or serious. 

No was serious, got another response about water run off causing potholes which makes sense.  But as I replied to him, didn't recall see potholes in front of the ones near me when I lived up north.  Admittedly one was on a pretty steep incline out front so pretty tough to see any water puddling.

Do recall going to Delta Sonic for many years, now down south for 14 years so no issue with that, maybe become much worse up there now?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

OK makes sense, though can't see I recall seeing water runnoff all over the street in front of them when I lived up north.

Does amaze me living down south in a location where you could wash your car outside about 11 months of the year, how many car washes there are.  Actually seem to be more here than up north.

yeah the one on NF Boulevard just north of Maple is really bad if you’re in the right lane, right in front of the entrance.  Whenever I’m on that stretch (which isn’t nearly as often now that I don’t work off of the Blvd anymore), I have to make a mental note to get into the middle or left lane.  

My 2010 Civic still has its original suspension and i want to keep it that way as long as possible!

42 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

No was serious, got another response about water run off causing potholes which makes sense.  But as I replied to him, didn't recall see potholes in front of the ones near me when I lived up north.  Admittedly one was on a pretty steep incline out front so pretty tough to see any water puddling.

Do recall going to Delta Sonic for many years, now down south for 14 years so no issue with that, maybe become much worse up there now?

If you drive by a Delta Sonic in the buffalo area look at the exit closest to the car wash. The road is usually pretty bad right there. 

Down south I don't think it's as much of an issue because the water doesn't freeze. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.