Game Thread: MNF Colts @ Ravens

PromoTheRobot

5 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

He was going against practice squad and backup DB's in the 4th qtr where he got most of his yards. 

And a defense sitting in prevent with a 19 point lead that missed kicks that should have ended the game twice.  

How anyone can take the Ravens seriously right now is laughable.  

Would appreciate them beating the Chargers at home this week tho.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

Those yards count differently?

Yes he does

Let's see

5 yard lob turned into a 65 yard gain because Mark Andrews is the best TE in football 

or 

a 65 yard dime in double coverage like what Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Murray routinely make?

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Its about consistency and he doesn’t have that throwing the ball.  

Seems like he's only gotten better. He's had the same knocks on him that Josh has had, but he keeps coming through. This year specifically he's looked like he's taken that next step & really improved his passing game. 

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

Those yards count differently?

Yes he does

lol…prior to this game, he had 4 TD passes in 4 games….with 3 ints. 

The highest he’s been in the NFL in passing yards is 22nd.

You are right, those are gaudy passing numbers.  He might break Brady’s passing record in a few years.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Not really. The Bills bottled them up on offense both times they have played them.

Under no circumstances am I picking Baltimore over Buffalo in 2021. But the Bills are 1-1 against Lamar. Weird flex to say they haven’t cause problems for us. 

This Bills team I think is a standard deviation better than the league at the moment. But I don’t love going against LJ. 

Just now, Mango said:

Under no circumstances am I picking Baltimore over Buffalo in 2021. But the Bills are 1-1 against Lamar. Weird flex to say they haven’t cause problems for us. 

This Bills team I think is a standard deviation better than the league at the moment. But I don’t love going against LJ. 

They barely beat us in 2019, I'd say we're a bit better than then, not sure they could say the same.

1 minute ago, Mango said:

True.  But the gap integrity we've shown so far this year would have him a lot more bottled up than he's been against other teams.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

lol…prior to this game, he had 4 TD passes in 4 games….with 3 ints. 

The highest he’s been in the NFL in passing yards is 22nd.

You are right, those are gaudy passing numbers.  He might break Brady’s passing record in a few years.

Yes indeed his career stats are gaudy!  

Career 63.6% 8,162 72 21 101.1

He is 400ish passing attempts from being listed on the all-time QB rating chart.  If he stays at 101 he would be fifth all-time ahead of Brady, Brees, and Manning.  

So what evidence do you have he can't throw the ball? 

9 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Sure, Ravens are 4-1 but I don't think this one matters much to us in the long run.  Ravens face a gauntlet in their division this year.

Colts, meanwhile, are down for the count.  

I would love to see the Colts miss the playoffs. I just hate how we matchup with those guys. 

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

On offense, they haven't.  They beat us because their defense stifled us in the first game. We held them to 24 points and 257 yards at a time they were putting up 35+ points and 450+ yards on everyone. 

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

They barely beat us in 2019, I'd say we're a bit better than then, not sure they could say the same.

I think you’re muddling a whole bunch of things together. 

I think the 2021 Bills handle the Ravens. I think the Bills can handle any team in the league. 

Lamar Jackson is a talent and profieicient passer. 

LJ8 makes the Ravens a tough match up for any team in the league. Win or lose. It is a lot to defend. And as we saw tonight, and over and over again. No lead is safe.

No team matches up well against the Ravens because of their QB. Some maybe better than others. But none terribly well. 

Just now, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

True.  But the gap integrity we've shown so far this year would have him a lot more bottled up than he's been against other teams.

Agreed with this. 

5 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

They needed a miracle to beat the LIONS. Let's see what he does against an actual defense and not a mess of guys I've never even heard before. 

I am one who thinks MVP should go to the most valuable player to their team. Lamar is in that conversation even though he may or may not be a better player than anybody on that list. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.