10/10/21 Gameday SNF Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

3 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

yes I agree, the officiating is bad all the way around; I've said for a long time that NCAA games are called better

It's because they let a lot more go, which I like in general because it keeps the flow of the game. But it could hurt many of the marquee skill players in the NFL which is what I assume the league is trying to avoid.

6 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Chiefs had ONE player from their 2021 draft in the lineup (Bolton).

Bills’ first three draft picks from 2021 all had major roles in this game, plus Star came back quicker and more impactful.

Humphrey and Smith are both rookies and were starting on OL for them...

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Apologies if already posted upthread, but man, this post game presser by Sanders prolly deserves its own thread--he basically admits that at times, he's a fan just like us, amazed at what Josh is capable of out there, "on a whole other level" than other QB's he's played for...

All the Josh love definitely brought a smile to my face :) 

The other noteworthy PC to me was Poyer/Hyde -  really was impressive to me.  They both, individually and together, just exuded calm, confidence and leadership.  I was watching it thinking - man we're in good hands on the back end of the D.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

The roughing call was called by the rule. You can't drive the QB to the ground like that. The one on Ed Oliver on the other hand...

That's the Tom Brady rule, when Marcia got tackled in the pocket, hurt his knee, and got a rule put in by the next year.

14 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

There was a play, think it was a failed 4th down try where Poyer tipped it? Addison I think had a path to mahomes and instead just maintained his leverage to not let him escape to the side. Some with other end (Hughes?) 

End result, Mahomes had 8 seconds in the pocket. Yet, Buffalo’s zone shell held, mahomes tried to force it, turnover on downs.

That is some kind of defensive scheming.

On that play, Hughes was tackled by the OL, looked at the ref, got up and pressured the QB. It's a shame the refs fell asleep during the game. They missed a helluva game.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.