Week 5: Bills at Chiefs on SNF

YoloinOhio

5 minutes perusing the idiocy on chiefs planet and I am reminded why I can't stand chiefs fans.  They somehow managed to become more smug and arrogant than pats fans.  They act like you just called their mother a ***** anytime someone doesn't heap praise on every aspect of the team.  In case you were wondering, they shouldn't have lost half their games this year, it was just because of turnovers (which never happen in football games).  They are laughing at the fact that Buffalo hasn't played any tough teams yet, meanwhile they are in last place in their division with a .500 record.  There is NEVER anything positive about the opponent or negative about the chiefs.  F@(% the chiefs, their fans, and their Darlene Connor lookalike QB.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Mahomes played one game in his career in a josh allen like situation where a 4 man rush was crushing his offensive line and he did not look confident nor calm lol 

Well...

I did say he was night and day different with pressure in his face lol.  I think it was game before last they showed his stats while being pressured and he was horrible.   

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm not willing to go that far but you do make fair points. Josh has been mostly average which is still better rhan most QBs. He's better than 2019 based on experience alone. He doesn't turn the ball over nearly as much. His maturity is pretty clear. With that, he dies need to play better. Especially, this Sunday against a weak KC defense.

Edmunds is average and I can see why you don't agree with the signing. 

The Oline is a concern for obvious reasons. 

Strongly disagree with your Knox take. He has played really well. He looks to be a solid piece on the offense.

Love coach McD. He is a great leader and has the respect of the players. They play hard for him and he has the team ready to play. I believe the Pitt game was a one off. Also, I think the coaching staff makes great halftime adjustments. Daboll is very good. It's easy to point the finger at the offensive coordinator. He will always be scape goat's. Imho, the Bills are fortunate to have him. 

Lastly, the Bills do have a chance. I'm expecting a loss but a win isn't out of the question. KC defense is very beatable. A great game plan and execution is needed. 

....I mean, someone was bound to fall for it.  Why not you?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

5 minutes perusing the idiocy on chiefs planet and I am reminded why I can't stand chiefs fans.  They somehow managed to become more smug and arrogant than pats fans.  They act like you just called their mother a ***** anytime someone doesn't heap praise on every aspect of the team.  In case you were wondering, they shouldn't have lost half their games this year, it was just because of turnovers (which never happen in football games).  They are laughing at the fact that Buffalo hasn't played any tough teams yet, meanwhile they are in last place in their division with a .500 record.  There is NEVER anything positive about the opponent or negative about the chiefs.  F@(% the chiefs, their fans, and their Darlene Connor lookalike QB.

Wonder what the opposing team fans would think of Bills fans if they read this board. I suspect they would be saying the same things about Bills fans. Let's not be naive here. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

Well...

I did say he was night and day different with pressure in his face lol.  I think it was game before last they showed his stats while being pressured and he was horrible.   

Oh yea I just mean comparing qbs on completely different teams is tough...like if you plopped mahomes onto the bills roster who knows what you'd get. It's scary to think of what josh could do if we had someone like Travis kelce 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Oh yea I just mean comparing qbs on completely different teams is tough...like if you plopped mahomes onto the bills roster who knows what you'd get. It's scary to think of what josh could do if we had someone like Travis kelce 

Coaching too.

Allen was a raw product, a diamond in the rough compared to some like Mahomes and Herbert - so how fast a rookie QB hits the ground running may not be quite a fair comparison with Allen coming out of Wyoming after only getting a JUCO offer and those groomed in HS and college programs like Texas Tech and Oregon.

Most NFL scouts worth their salt knew that it was going to take time and an organizational investment to see Allen reach his potential - I think we have scratched the surface and he still has room to grow applying the right touch and mechanics on each throw, recognizing defenses and willing to be patient and take what they are giving up underneath.

He puts in the work and has proven that he can defy the experts and can overcome bad habits and develop good muscle memory to be amazing.

You have to like what he was able to do in the WNY elements, and I never expected a kid that big to be able to move like he does or be able to beat LBs to the sticks or pylon...

The NFL has some very good young QB talents and we have one of them.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Wonder what the opposing team fans would think of Bills fans if they read this board. I suspect they would be saying the same things about Bills fans. Let's not be naive here. 

I actually see lots of fans on this board talking about the strengths of the chiefs and how difficult this game will be. 

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

That’s the problem and opposing teams know it. Josh likes to push the ball downfield. Even he said sometimes he has to go bottom to top instead of top to bottom.

I do think a lot of this had to do with having 0 trust in his defense...kc did absolutely whatever they wanted both games whether it was rushing or passing.  To be fair to Josh he won the Colts game single handedly playing that way lol so it's not always all bad.  I have a feeling he's gonna have more faith in the defense this year and we can play a little more field position provided we get some red zone stops.  Not to mention our receivers are much healthier this year compared to the playoff game ...beasley had a broken leg diggs had a torn oblique and Davis had an ankle injury I think 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

4 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I actually see lots of fans on this board talking about the strengths of the chiefs and how difficult this game will be. 

I find it hard to believe all Chiefs fans are disrespecting the Bills as you imply. 

7 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Nobody likes your responses. 

Typical. Attack the person and not their valid points. 

9 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Coaching too.

Allen was a raw product, a diamond in the rough compared to some like Mahomes and Herbert - so how fast a rookie QB hits the ground running may not be quite a fair comparison with Allen coming out of Wyoming after only getting a JUCO offer and those groomed in HS and college programs like Texas Tech and Oregon.

Most NFL scouts worth their salt knew that it was going to take time and an organizational investment to see Allen reach his potential - I think we have scratched the surface and he still has room to grow applying the right touch and mechanics on each throw, recognizing defenses and willing to be patient and take what they are giving up underneath.

He puts in the work and has proven that he defy the experts and can overcome bad habits and develop good muscle memory to be amazing. You have to like what he was able to do in the WNY elements, and I never expected a kid that big to be able to move like he does or be able to beat LBs to the sticks or pylon...

The NFL has some very good young QB talents and we have one of them.

Great post! 👍

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Yea id say we're being quite complimentary of the chiefs haha I think theyre borderline unstoppable up until the redzone where being able to stretch the field vertically isn't as important and that's where we'll have to make some stops...which is why you see teams defending them the way we tried in the afccg. Letting tyreek Hill beat you deep is just gift wrapping them points 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.