Matt Milano #hammywatch - update - officially off the injury report

YoloinOhio

43 minutes ago, wppete said:

I think Milano will play on Sundays but not goin g to lie, AJ Klein has been playing well this year when he’s been out there. 

Me too. May be limited reps with AJ taking some of them. He is running around working with trainers now. As long as he doesn't have a setback during the week, he'll be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

Unless they are being ultra cautious, Milano not practicing again today would indicate he's probably out this week against the Chiefs.

But at the end of the day if we do win this game it will be more about Allen and the offense and I think Klein is capable and certainly a better pass rusher which helps.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Unless they are being ultra cautious, Milano not practicing again today would indicate he's probably out this week against the Chiefs.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I'd like to think if he's limited tomorrow, he could (should?) play Sunday albeit w/ a limited snap count.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

But at the end of the day if we do win this game it will be more about Allen and the offense and I think Klein is capable and certainly a better pass rusher which helps.

Generally, two DNPs Wed-Thursday mean out Sunday. 

• Agree 2

Hamstring injuries tend to take time to heal and if it was bad enough to take him out of the game, I would expect it would take at least a couple weeks to fully heal. It's a long season and hammy injuries can easily become more severe if a player is rushed back on the field. No practice for Milano today likely means he won't suit up on Sunday unless he has a miraculous recovery. 

I think Andre Smith and Klein will split reps with Edmunds covering Kelce for the majority of the game. We also need Taron Johnson back to have a chance at keeping the Chiefs' offense in check.

Edited by Allen2Diggs

Honestly, I would rather see Milano rest up and come back 100% for the stretch run, rather than reinjure himself and be hobbled for most of the season. 

We all want this game, but it's still just a week 5 game in October. Last year, the Saints beat the Bucs twice, fairly handily each time.

Nobody really cares, because the Bucs beat them in the playoffs in the game that really mattered and went on to win the Super Bowl. 

I'm not saying this game doesn't matter, because it IS huge and exciting, but these teams will likely meet again in January. I want a 100% Milano in those games. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is the same account who knew about Spencer brown starting 

Not shocking, especially if they just use him on 3rd/4th down situations which is what truly matters against an offense like KC.

If he does play and we get a win in KC, I'd be totally fine shutting him down for the Titans game and letting him sit through the bye week to presumably be ready for the stretch run and healthy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.