Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2021-2022

YoloinOhio

I honestly don’t understand how that goal counted 🤷‍♂️

He 100% lost forward momentum. He was going backwards ffs.

I don’t get why they interpret the rule that a player doesn’t lose forward momentum as long as he keeps moving. How can you keep forward momentum moving backwards?

Glad the Amerks won though! They had to win to keep their playoff hopes alive.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I honestly don’t understand how that goal counted 🤷‍♂️

He 100% lost forward momentum. He was going backwards ffs.

I don’t get why they interpret the rule that a player doesn’t lose forward momentum as long as he keeps moving. How can you keep forward momentum moving backwards?

Glad the Amerks won though! They had to win to keep their playoff hopes alive.

I have to believe there is a rule change coming to address these snail paced shootout moves.  

• Agree 1

I ended up watching a couple of Sabres games recently, in spite of my best judgment.  Met up with a couple of old pals from WNY, and my take is that the Sabres might actually be good in a few years.  Can I name any/many/most of the players?  No, but given that I divested so many years ago, it should not be expected.  This team has been a tire fire for so long, and what I saw in two games was a team who can contend, but obviously it's going to take more time.

Edited by TheCockSportif

13 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I have to believe there is a rule change coming to address these snail paced shootout moves.  

One I haven't seen in awhile is the puck Below the blade pressed to the ice and being pushed.

See that they won in OT last night.

https://wbuf.com/jack-eichel-vegas-record/?fbclid=IwAR2yAJBm_5Pv103qPyRiIpKvOYMvpT1eew6x6CJFspqjSz4pK2Nbrr0dZko

If you ask most Sabres fans, they probably are glad Eichel is gone; especially after his postgame comments about the fact it took seven years and him leaving to be as loud as KeyBank Center was when he returned in March with Vegas.

Eichel appeared to show his true colors after Vegas lost in Buffalo. He's a world-class player, but until he starts winning with Vegas, the stigma of not coming through (fair or not), will follow him from fans.

1 hour ago, T&C said:

See that they won in OT last night.

https://wbuf.com/jack-eichel-vegas-record/?fbclid=IwAR2yAJBm_5Pv103qPyRiIpKvOYMvpT1eew6x6CJFspqjSz4pK2Nbrr0dZko

If you ask most Sabres fans, they probably are glad Eichel is gone; especially after his postgame comments about the fact it took seven years and him leaving to be as loud as KeyBank Center was when he returned in March with Vegas.

Eichel appeared to show his true colors after Vegas lost in Buffalo. He's a world-class player, but until he starts winning with Vegas, the stigma of not coming through (fair or not), will follow him from fans.

we're better off without him.

• Like (+1) 2

That OT win by Vegas was pretty big as far as the playoff race goes.

Vegas vs Dallas on Tuesday is going to be huge. Kind of a 4 point game. It’ll likely play a large role in deciding which team makes the playoffs.

Go Dallas!!

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

That OT win by Vegas was pretty big as far as the playoff race goes.

Vegas vs Dallas on Tuesday is going to be huge. Kind of a 4 point game. It’ll likely play a large role in deciding which team makes the playoffs.

Go Dallas!!

I thought we were rooting for Vegas so we get their first round (top 10 protected) pick in ‘22, no?

13 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

We are rooting for Vegas to fail.

I have pivoted my rooting interest accordingly, oh dark lord and purveyor of wisdom.  Say, what’s folks think about Jack Quinn’s chances of playing up with big club next year?  I’d love to see him play on a line with Cozens eventually.  The speed!  Thought of that makes my pants a little tight in the front, tbh.  

Jack Eichel has elite talent. I have no doubt he will continue to put it on display for the remainder of his career as long as he remains healthy.

However, there are rumblings and flat out accusations (Craig Rivet) that he's a less than ideal team-mate and kind of a douche off the ice. The anti-Josh Allen if you will.

I'm not willing to throw everything on Eichel. In an alternate universe where they built a competent team around him maybe things could have been different, despite that he's cemented himself as a player that actually deserves the boos when he comes back to Buffalo.

I'm hopeful that KA has finally got this franchise moving in the right direction. The few games that I've watched down the stretch are actually watchable and entertaining hockey.

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I have pivoted my rooting interest accordingly, oh dark lord and purveyor of wisdom.  Say, what’s folks think about Jack Quinn’s chances of playing up with big club next year?  I’d love to see him play on a line with Cozens eventually.  The speed!  Thought of that makes my pants a little tight in the front, tbh.  

I think its guaranteed that Quinn and Power are in Buffalo next year.  Peterka has a great shot too.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/buffalo-sabres/line-combinations/

The lines will be interesting next year.  We have a lot players with similar games.  

33 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I think its guaranteed that Quinn and Power are in Buffalo next year.  Peterka has a great shot too.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/buffalo-sabres/line-combinations/

The lines will be interesting next year.  We have a lot players with similar games.  

I can’t find the link, but I read an article the other day which talked about the Sabres’ glut of prospects and the need to possible move some to make room for up and coming players.  

Bjork and Bryson were mentioned as possible trade pieces.  Another young  forward was also mentioned, but I forget who that one was.  I wonder if they’ll move on from Okposo.  I believe he has 1 year left on his deal.

1 minute ago, Turf Toejam 34 said:

Power with his first goal!     On a feed from Skinner, with Skinner chasing right in and getting the puck for the rookie......

That was Excellent!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1