Picking up Edmunds Option a Rare Beane Mistake

Billy Zabka

2 hours ago, pigpen65 said:

Has this been a good game or a bad game so far for Edmunds? All I see is him out of position, over pursuing, and chasing plays. So it seems to me like he should be benched. But I defer to the experts.

I don't care about the option or money argument anymore.  I want him replaced soon. I don't get excited about 6-7 tackles 8+ yards downfield. That's how he got his phantom pro bowl. He drops back in coverage guarding grass. He's always last one to the party.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I truly do not understand how anyone defends edmunds other than just reading his tackle numbers. If we didn't have Milano, offenses could throw swings and screens the entire game, edmunds gets completely taken out of plays by open feild blocks from slow offensive lineman. There's definitely worse options at linebacker, but the investment put into edmunds and what we are getting in return is not there.

this is a reasoned take which is what this board is great bills discussion. Kudos nocal...now just keep sending us your water #sandiego haha

m

Just now, Motor26 said:

Milano got 4/44 and he is way better than Edmunds. 

What's your point? Cut Edmunds, and draft a MLB in the 3rd round, while still paying his full salary?  It's likely edmunds doesn't justify a good contract, but he still has 31 games to allow us to base an opinion, without jumping the gun. That's all I'm saying

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

well then if he's so nonexistent that its like playing with only 10 on D then yes, they can get rid of him before week 1 next season.

If he’s that bad, why isn’t he replaced next week?  He’s so bad, its like playing with 10 players on defense.  That means literally any back up can replace him.

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I don't care about the option or money argument anymore.  I want him replaced soon. I don't get excited about 6-7 tackles 8+ yards downfield. That's how he got his phantom pro bowl. He drops back in coverage guarding grass. He's always last one to the party.

And you don't criticize Milano for getting sucked into a run fake and blocked out of the play on the Hyde tackle for loss. Edmunds was 2nd to the party from the opposite side of the field and Milano did not even make it to the party.

Some of you have no idea what you're looking at. Instead of accepting that both are integral pieces to the defense, it's always one-or-the-other hot take from simple minded fans.

Edited by LeGOATski
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

What was the the play right after that? 

Hes so salty about Edmunds being terrible he tries to tie in Milano. It's so blatantly obvious his homerism for Edmunds.

Milano CONSTANTLY makes good plays. Edmunds is constantly no where to be found. So he tries grasping at this stupid crap.  "Derrr did you see that one play from Milano"

When we could show 10x as many from Edmunds.

Clowns, no-nothing fans where every player is great and how dare you criticize the golden goose!

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If he’s that bad, why isn’t he replaced next week?  He’s so bad, its like playing with 10 players on defense.  That means literally any back up can replace him.

Given their schedule they can replace him without much impact except maybe KC and TEN.  If he was injured you wouldn't suggest that they play with 10, nor could you credibly claim the Defense was taking a huge hit with his replacement.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

And you don't criticize Milano for getting sucked into a run fake and blocked out of the play on the Hyde tackle for loss. Edmunds was 2nd to the party from the opposite side of the field and Milano did not even make it to the party.

Some of you have no idea what you're looking at. Instead of accepting that both are integral pieces to the defense, it's always one-or-the-other hot take from simple minded fans.

I disagree that Edmunds is integral.

He has unique talents that he brings to the LB spot but also has a severe lapse of football instincts.

That doesn't make him a zero on our defense. But he isn't THAT important.

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Milano gets breaks because he consistently makes plays and is a good player. Just like how Dion, Josh, Tre White all get breaks when they mess up.

Good players get breaks, in fact, they deserve it.

The difference is, and quite obvious, is that Edmunds doesn't make hardly enough plays and fans are tired of seeing him waste space out there.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, delirious said:

Hes so salty about Edmunds being terrible he tries to tie in Milano. It's so blatantly obvious his homerism for Edmunds.

Milano CONSTANTLY makes good plays. Edmunds is constantly no where to be found. So he tries grasping at this stupid crap.  "Derrr did you see that one play from Milano"

When we could show 10x as many from Edmunds.

Clowns, no-nothing fans where every player is great and how dare you criticize the golden goose!

I'm simply evening out the hot take ratio 👍

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Given their schedule they can replace him without much impact except maybe KC and TEN.  If he was injured you wouldn't suggest that they play with 10, nor could you credibly claim the Defense was taking a huge hit with his replacement.

Answer the question Weo.  Why don’t you they replace him next week?  If he’s so incredibly bad, why is he still out there?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Answer the question Weo.  Why don’t you they replace him next week?  If he’s so incredibly bad, why is he still out there?

they can replace him,  I already said so.

There, i've said it again.  Go right ahead, won't change the outcome.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.