How did Rousseau play against the Steelers?

GreggTX

As a rookie in his first game, he was fine, the sad part is, he was the best we have seen across from Jerry in a long time and he basically graded out as a replacement player lol.  

He had some reasonable pressure, made one really great play on the run early as he forced it inside and shed the blocker to make the tackle for minimum gain.  Really good to see those instincts and ability as a rookie.  Overall, I see exactly why they took him. 

OTOH, Basham was invisible all day, it’s like he wasn’t even active 🤮

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Steelers neutralised him pretty well but as others have said the modern Big Ben ball out quick style isn't ever likely to lead to lots of pressures. I'd give him a C on NFL debut. Didn't suck but more to come.

Ed Oliver was the pick of our Dlinemen. He was absolutely excellent.

Oliver was a beast. I can see him being an absolute terror as the season goes in. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

in addition

he started

played lot more than AJE

I know we want and need impact - but its reasonable to expect between 5-10 sacks from him..which is what Hughes would get in his prime... 

more QBs are getting the balls out in the 2.5 secs range, you have to expect that to continue given the crowd noise esp on passing downs...

so 

Hoping to see him get some batted balls against really quick release QB’s. I thought for a rookie he looked solid. 

5 hours ago, DCofNC said:

OTOH, Basham was invisible all day, it’s like he wasn’t even active 🤮

On a serious note, and depressive one, so our last two #2 picks (Boggie and AJ) were basically invisible on Sunday. Number 2 picks have to be better, both should be high-contributing starters, at the least.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Kelsay averaged 3 sacks a year over his 10 year career here🤮  One of the most disappointing, depressing transitions I've ever seen... even I would've cut his ass

And yet somehow he survived regime after regime. It's weird.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Steelers neutralised him pretty well but as others have said the modern Big Ben ball out quick style isn't ever likely to lead to lots of pressures. I'd give him a C on NFL debut. Didn't suck but more to come.

Ed Oliver was the pick of our Dlinemen. He was absolutely excellent.

AJE was nowhere, however it seems.  

55 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Hoping to see him get some batted balls against really quick release QB’s. I thought for a rookie he looked solid. 

that a good point, with that wingspan and some spatial dara from metrics, those 2.5 second drops should yield some smaller arc-radius throws ripe to be batted away with proper placement, like a pass defensed...oh and note to cornerbacks when you are running for 3-4-5 seconds on those longer-than-usual routes how about a read - like a  focus on the head of the receiver and when you see it turn - turn yours to the ball as well -huh - maybe ???

Bills safeties could play wider if balls are coming out earlier. Typically the faster the pass is thrown after snap the less distance it will cover, especially Big Ben who throws jump balls downfield into one on one. Would be a good way to get some picks. Tua could be played very similarly as his arm isn’t a world beater. 

9 hours ago, CSBill said:

On a serious note, and depressive one, so our last two #2 picks (Boggie and AJ) were basically invisible on Sunday. Number 2 picks have to be better, both should be high-contributing starters, at the least.

Yeah, Boogie didn’t even play. Was inactive.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

FWIW, he played 33% of the snaps and was credited with 1 QB Hit and 1 pressure.

And the pressure was when lined up inside I think. Haven't gone through the defensive snaps in quite the detail I have the offense but that is what it looked like on the tv view.